European Offers Will Help Knicks Get Rubio

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I was just watching the dailydime on espn.com and they stated that several Euro ball clubs are offering Rubio 4 year deals at like 3-4 mil plus the buyout.

At first you may think this is terrible news since Rubio would be a fool not to take that offer. Here is the catch! Minnesota only owns his draft rights for 4 years and then they lose him. If they fear that he is going to bolt to Europe and sign a 4 year deal they will have to make a trade or lose him for nothing.

Everything I have read suggests Rubio would play for the Knicks and make less salary since he would make up for that with endorcement deals playing in the biggest media market in the world.

At this point it is a game of chicken with Kahn and Kahn will blink first or else lose Rubio for nothing along with his job. The trick is to offer enough to Kahn for him to save face and his job for making a poor draft decsion.

ANU

Starter
its common sense trill, some people have it, some people don't.kahn over thought this shit hard.their are few teams that could afford him.this guy is gonna look foolish for not taking that chandler plus the 8th for the 5.watch the trade that he makes is less than that.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah he can easily make tons of money in Europe. Teams like Real Madrid and FC Barcelona can easily afford to pay him tons of money and get him endorsement deals large enough to pay his buyout. Furthermore though a team in the NBA can only pay 500,000 of his buyout I'm not sure the rules hold true in Europe. If Real Madrid secures him for four years then he's pretty much going to accept the deal since he doesn't, you know, LOSE money to go there. Kahn made a dumbass move by drafting him; and if he lets this saga go on it's eventually going to be either trade him and get something (Wilson Chandler, maybe, you dumbass Kahn?) or lose Rubio forever. Rubio's only 18, he has lots of basketball left in him. He can still go to the NBA at 22.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
its common sense trill, some people have it, some people don't.kahn over thought this shit hard.their are few teams that could afford him.this guy is gonna look foolish for not taking that chandler plus the 8th for the 5.watch the trade that he makes is less than that.

I don't think Kahn thought at all to be honest. He was surprised Rubio slid to 5 and grabbed him up even though he was committed to signing Flynn. Netting him two pure run and gun PG's and no shooter for Jefferson to kick out to.

He could have had a young dynamic backcourt of Flynn and either Curry or Derozen to pair up with Jefferson and Love. That would be an awesome young team that would have only been eclipsed by OKC. He is an idiot and thought he had to come in and tare it down when really he had an opportunity to be a SF away from serious playoff contender on a young ass team.

Paul1355

All Star
I was just watching the dailydime on espn.com and they stated that several Euro ball clubs are offering Rubio 4 year deals at like 3-4 mil plus the buyout.

At first you may think this is terrible news since Rubio would be a fool not to take that offer. Here is the catch! Minnesota only owns his draft rights for 4 years and then they lose him. If they fear that he is going to bolt to Europe and sign a 4 year deal they will have to make a trade or lose him for nothing.

Everything I have read suggests Rubio would play for the Knicks and make less salary since he would make up for that with endorcement deals playing in the biggest media market in the world.

At this point it is a game of chicken with Kahn and Kahn will blink first or else lose Rubio for nothing along with his job. The trick is to offer enough to Kahn for him to save face and his job for making a poor draft decsion.

He should play here but who knows what Kahn would want in return....we have Lee and Nate to throw in any trade deal so maybe one of those guys will have to pack their bags and go to minnesota.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I have a feeling that Cuttino Mobley's contract is going to be our ace in the hole in a trade. I mean, any team offering a trade with us can pretty much give us any dead weight and not have to take on any additional salary in the event of a trade

Dirk

Benchwarmer
Real Madrid and Barcelona are offering Rubio contracts? I thought they were soccer teams. So he could be playing in the midfield with kaka, C Ronaldo, messi etc?

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Draft Rights to Rubio

I

Unfortunately i do not think that Minnesota will lose their rights in four years. i took a look at the CBA. If a drafted player is under contract with a non NBA team or signs a contract with a non NBA team, then the draft rights go on until the draftee relents and is willing and available to sign an NBA player contract with the team that drafted him. in other words, its indefinite.

Remember how we acquired the rights to Patrick Ewing Jr. last year? We got him for the draft rights to Frederic Weis. We drafted him in 1996.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
...Good point, almost forgot about that.

And the salt in the wound is that we could've drafted Ron Artest instead of Frederic Weis...

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Real Madrid and Barcelona are offering Rubio contracts? I thought they were soccer teams. So he could be playing in the midfield with kaka, C Ronaldo, messi etc?

Just like this Dirk's handle of the english language becomes perfect...lol.

Who are you Dirk?

Dirk

Benchwarmer
Just like this Dirk's handle of the english language becomes perfect...lol.

Who are you Dirk?

I'm just getting much better at English. The Knicks have helped me speak better English. I know how to complain quite a lot now.