Why is Steph still talking about the Knicks? I thought he was "caught up in life"

New New York

Quiet Storm
Why is Steph still talking about the Knicks? I thought he was "caught up in life"

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9753530/Marbury-to-free-agents:-Don't-go-to-Knicks

I wouldn't want to play in that system,'' Marbury told The Post. "That system can't win championships. You can't win championships if you don't talk about defense. In Boston, the coaches even play defense.''

Marbury said he believes being exiled for four months "mentally damaged'' him and effected his Boston performance.

"I knew it wasn't about money,'' Marbury said of his exile.
"They spent 3 million on a 29th pick. They could've given $3 million to Anucha (Browne-Sanders). I knew it was personal. It's about ego and power. I've never been so happy to be out of someplace. The way I was treated, lied to, grown men doing this that have stature.'' "When Larry Brown saw me in Charlotte when we played them, he said, 'It looks like you died and went to heaven,''' Marbury added. "I told him, now I know what you went through.''

You know when I read this I was going to let it go, I said it would only start another thread fight. But, come on now! It is clear he doesnt want the Knicks to succeed anymore than "Hatebaurys" wanted to see him get a ring (or even out the first round) with Boston!

First off, someone tell this idiot Donnie Walsh couldve held on to his contract and not buy him out at all last season preventing from being in a championship caliber team.

Someone tell him it wasnt personal, but, Donnie had to explore trade options before releasing a 20 million dollar expiring contract! Why would Donnie Walsh have such a strong grudge against him, he has never said one bad word about him!

Now, when he first joined Dantoni's system he talked about how great it was and how and how it favored his style of play, now he (a player who has never won a championship) is talking about how you can't win a title playing for Dantoni and how bad it is.

Someone tell him that being told you look like you died and went to heaven is a compliment, not an insult! Oh yeah, wasnt Larry Brown the original king of mind games in his eyes?

Someone explain to him that the millions given to Anucha was in part for his treatment of her! not to mention what the hell does that have to do with Donnie Walsh and Mike Dantoni?

And now he is "mentally damaged" by the whole thing and it affected his play, sounds like an excuse to me! How about a more logical one, "My poor play was a result of me missing most of the season and I not being physically (not mentally) ready to contribute" News Flash Steph, you also need to be mentally tough to win a Championship, if a drawn out contract negotiation was all it took to break you, then......

Bottom line, he is fearful the Knicks will be better without him and is holding spite like a broken hearted ex-girlfriend. Get over it, you have a chance to get a ring, go get it! Leave us alone.

Sorry in advance if this starts another "Starbaury War", but really even "Team Starbaury" should be a little bothered by this one!

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Marbury said he believes being exiled for four months "mentally damaged'' him and effected his Boston performance.

This pretty much sums him up. Mentally damaged and always blaming his performance on external factors, never taking ownership for his actions. The dude is a loser and will never contribute to winning anything for any team.

KBlack25

Starter
This is inappropriate behavior once again by mebury. You know what? Maybe he was right to speak out when he wore blue and orange, when he showed up to camp and felt slighted. But now he is trying to spoil the franchise from afar. He is a grown ass man and is holding a grudge like a 13 year old girl. Even if you are a Steph fan, if you are a Knicks fan first you can't be pleased with this.

metrocard

Legend
This is inappropriate behavior once again by mebury. You know what? Maybe he was right to speak out when he wore blue and orange, when he showed up to camp and felt slighted. But now he is trying to spoil the franchise from afar. He is a grown ass man and is holding a grudge like a 13 year old girl. Even if you are a Steph fan, if you are a Knicks fan first you can't be pleased with this.

Its all jokes.
But I laugh at people who take so much offense to Marbury.
He's not on the team anymore.
So I don't see why it should bother...you guys act like its surprising.

Eh, call Mabury "unethical", but I like it.
Because I'm unethical too.

Following the procedures and norms is submissive, I like when people liberate themselves.

Marbury is negative on this, but he's providing the facts.

This system isn't a system you can with a championship with...unless you get someone like Kobe/Lebron. I mean Phoneix had Nash, Amare, Joe Johnson, and Matrix on the same team...still couldnt get to the top, they came close.

Coming close is better than nothing, IMO...the playoff excitement is way better and worth it as a fan.

But Marbury has a point, and he brought it up...which doesnt make the comment that ignorant.

If you want to WIN, you go to a defensive team.
If you want to inflate your stats, you go to D'Antoni.

It probably hurts to read, but its really the sad truth.

What do you expect Marbury to say about D'Antoni/Walsh? They treated him like shit from the beginning.

Put yourself in Marbury shoes...you could say you would try to do the right thing, but don't tell me you won't feel a level of disrespect while you're trying to do the right thing.

KBlack25

Starter
It's more that I feel like he is holding such a grudge. I get he feels slighted but he needs to get over it. This is like teenage girl style grudge holding. My 16 year old sister gets over stuff faster than Steph does. The knicks have moved past marbury, knicks fans have moved passed marbury...but steph still hasn't gotten over it. That's just sad to me.

smokes

Huge Member
Mentally I was damaged and didn't even realize it.

mysmilie_409.gif

New New York

Quiet Storm
Its all jokes.
But I laugh at people who take so much offense to Marbury.
He's not on the team anymore.
So I don't see why it should bother...you guys act like its surprising.

Eh, call Mabury "unethical", but I like it.
Because I'm unethical too.

Following the procedures and norms is submissive, I like when people liberate themselves.

Marbury is negative on this, but he's providing the facts.

This system isn't a system you can with a championship with...unless you get someone like Kobe/Lebron. I mean Phoneix had Nash, Amare, Joe Johnson, and Matrix on the same team...still couldnt get to the top, they came close.

Coming close is better than nothing, IMO...the playoff excitement is way better and worth it as a fan.

But Marbury has a point, and he brought it up...which doesnt make the comment that ignorant.

If you want to WIN, you go to a defensive team.
If you want to inflate your stats, you go to D'Antoni.

It probably hurts to read, but its really the sad truth.

What do you expect Marbury to say about D'Antoni/Walsh? They treated him like shit from the beginning.

Put yourself in Marbury shoes...you could say you would try to do the right thing, but don't tell me you won't feel a level of disrespect while you're trying to do the right thing.

Look Mike Dantoni did not like Steph for whatever reason and it showed. But, I honestly do not think Donnie Walsh had it in for him.

He doesn't have to have anything nice to say about Donnie and Dantoni.....just don't say anything at all! If he is asked about them why doesnt he give his traditional "Next Question" or "No Comment" God forbid he takes the high road and says something proffessional like "They moved on, and so have I".

Ideally Steph is hoping his comments keep key FA's from wanting to join The Knicks. He is trying to have an adverse affect on our team, when he is clearly in a better position, Why? Like I said before, could it be because he is afraid we may actually become a good team without him?

Look I stopped liking Antonio Daniels when he got traded to Tor. and started talking about our team, I never liked Frye's game, but I thought he was at least a good guy until he started talking about The Knicks when he got to Portland. Mauric Taylor took some shots at us on the way out the door, I havent liked him since!So in no way is this just taking Steph's comments more serious because it is him! Truthfully it is more obnoxious because it is a player who just won't seem to go away!

I honestly was pulling for him in The Playoffs to get out of the first round because I knew how the media and Knick fans was just waiting to pounce on him if The C's lost to The Bulls. But, the fact remains this dude just constantly looks to give people reasons not to like him.

quiggle

Starter
Marbury will probably take the Joe Torre route and write a tell all book on the organization, maybe it will only be 5$ to go along with his garbage sneakers.

ANU

Starter
lebron doesn't give a shit about starbury.didn't he shit on his starbury's? all we need is lebron.

metrocard

Legend
?if something?s going to be said, I?m going to defend myself. My mother taught me that. Somebody hits, you hit them back? - Stephon Marbury

?The big picture is not having a $200 pair of sneakers when your mother?s income is $15,000. When you walk into a store, you are not being held hostage any more.? - Starbury

ESPN doesn?t want you to know Stephon Marbury either. The man is simply too complex to fit into their ?good-vs.-evil-only? sports narratives. Besides, black villains get much higher ratings than black visionaries. When Tony Romo took a homeless man to the movies last month ESPN.com was on the scene, just as it was when Romo helped a man fix a flat tire. ESPN The Magazine soon wondered: ?Why is Tony Romo such a Good Samaritan??, and all of ESPN?s afternoon shows had effusive praise culminating in one ?Pardon The Interruption? (PTI) pundit exclaiming: ?How can you not love Tony Romo!?

Well, here is one way: Don?t report any of his good deeds! Ignore him like you did Marbury watching the presidential debates in a homeless shelter just a month prior. Ignore his annual charity events; ignore his Katrina response; ignore his record-setting donations, and ignore that a great week in the life of Tony Romo is like breathing to Stephon Marbury. But ESPN did not report ANY of these stories. His revolutionary $15 sneaker? Pardon the Interruption had this headline: ?Can Marbury repair his image?? ?Well, not if ESPN keeps framing it!

20070518_403_350x263.jpg

They were unlike some of the great New York City coaches like Pat Riley, Joe Torre, Bill Parcells, and Jeff Van Gundy who knew the big city coaching code: 1) protect your players; 2) handle all differences in-house, and 3) always keep the NYC media tabloid vultures at bay. But Stephon was undeniably scapegoated by all three [6]. And for his part, the reactive and difficult Marbury wears scapegoatism quite well (see signature over-the-head towel).

KBlack25

Starter
?if something?s going to be said, I?m going to defend myself. My mother taught me that. Somebody hits, you hit them back? - Stephon Marbury

?The big picture is not having a $200 pair of sneakers when your mother?s income is $15,000. When you walk into a store, you are not being held hostage any more.? - Starbury

20070518_403_350x263.jpg

Doesn't change the fact that he holds a grudge like a 13 year old girl...come on metro, you are out here all the time slamming people for bringing up shit that happened a few weeks ago, making fun of people for constantly talking about, to or at you.

Quick analogy
Stephon Marbury:Knicks
All The People metrocard Slams for constantly talking about him:metrocard

Come on man, as much as you love this guy, you have to admit hes gotta get over it, seriously.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Its funny Steph slams D'antoni for his system not winning championships, yet Steph has yet to lead a team on a deep playoff run yet either. Now he doesn't want F/A's to come to New York? Why does Steph still care??? Team Starbury, keep defending this idiot. First he sticks his tongue out at ya on his way out of town, now he doesn't want us to get any good F/A's. Again, are you KNICK fans, or Starbury fans???