Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steve Nash

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • None of the above, they will either resign or be traded

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
The Walsh plan seems to be too get far under the cap to sign one of the big time free agents that potentially will be available in the 2010 off season. I personally do not think any one of them will be available either because their current team will either resign them or trade them to get some value back.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Obviously if you can get Lebron or Wade you do it. That said, I think we need to see what moves we make this off season and how are team plays next season before deciding what FA we need to acquire. (ex. Hill somehow becomes dominate right from his rookie season negating the need to sign a PF like Bosh or Boozer)

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Obviously if you can get Lebron or Wade you do it. That said, I think we need to see what moves we make this off season and how are team plays next season before deciding what FA we need to acquire. (ex. Hill somehow becomes dominate right from his rookie season negating the need to sign a PF like Bosh or Boozer)

I see what you are saying but I guess my point is that the Knicks have tunnel vision with being so far under the cap for the 2010 off season that they are passing up potential deals as well as resigning their own free agents. I think that this pipe dream that they will be able to sign one of these guys is handcuffing them from making any moves! They have 4 expiring contracts that they could use to land a needed player; Like Tyson Chandler or even a Josh Smith. They also have 2 players they could use in a sign and trade deal; especially Lee. But they will not pull the trigger on a deal in order to have the cash for 2010! What I would like to hear from the Walsh camp is what they will do if the targeted free agents are not available (James, Bryant, Wade)!

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I see what you are saying but I guess my point is that the Knicks have tunnel vision with being so far under the cap for the 2010 off season that they are passing up potential deals as well as resigning their own free agents. I think that this pipe dream that they will be able to sign one of these guys is handcuffing them from making any moves! They have 4 expiring contracts that they could use to land a needed player; Like Tyson Chandler or even a Josh Smith. They also have 2 players they could use in a sign and trade deal; especially Lee. But they will not pull the trigger on a deal in order to have the cash for 2010! What I would like to hear from the Walsh camp is what they will do if the targeted free agents are not available (James, Bryant, Wade)!

Well, the offseason officially began today so I think it is a bit premature to say Walsh is passing up on upgrades or resiginig players. If the right player for the right price is available I am sure he will make the move. That said, we are in the process of getting really young while upgrading our talent. Call me crazy but I think Hill and Darko are going to surprise many people and overachieve in Dantoni's system. If we can get Rubio or another young PG stud we have a solid young core to build around. At that point if Wade and LBJ are gone I would not mind signing Joe Johnson or another "second tier" FA.

metrocard

Legend
I honestly want to win a championship without these guys.
I want the Knicks to get a #1 draft pick and build around their man...just like how Cavs, Heat, Hornets, Jazz did their franchise players.

Thats the way I want it.
Just me.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Everything that is quoted coming from the Walsh camp seems to go in the direction of freeing up as much money as they can for 2010. Now, this might all be subterfuge and the Knicks are really planning on making a big deal or 2 this season; who knows.

Paul1355

All Star
I picked Nash and Bosh to be the most likely....think about realisticly and that's the closest I got.

Nash wants to be a Knick, OBVIOUSLY, and with Mike D there it only makes more sense.

Bosh is having a tough time in Toronto and it seems unlikely that he will resign with the Toronto Raptors by 2010....he wants out...he loves Mike D from the Olympics and needs that spotlight.

Nash and Bosh...that looks like our amazing 2010 plan....with our players developing, these two guys can contribute more than everyone would expect. You have a front court and back court leaders who are stars with these two signings.

LeFlume

All Star
How much can Nash ask for? He is old and have back problems so I guess it won't be anywhere near max. 5.6M??

ANU

Starter
I honestly want to win a championship without these guys.
I want the Knicks to get a #1 draft pick and build around their man...just like how Cavs, Heat, Hornets, Jazz did their franchise players.

Thats the way I want it.
Just me.
likewise.if some how the knicks end up with john wall, lebron can **** off and stay in cleveland.as long as he doesn't go to the nets, great.but if we don't, welcome lebron! :D