Rudy Fernandez upset @ Portland

metrocard

Legend
Portland's pursuit of a certain player from Turkey has infuriated the Trail Blazers' lone remaining Spanish player, Rudy Fernandez, to the point where he'd prefer to play in Greece, Russia or even Spain again, ESPN.com learned Tuesday.

Fernandez

A league source told ESPN.com that Fernandez has already been courted informally by European powerhouses Olympiacos, Real Madrid, FC Barcelona and CSKA Moscow as word spread that the Blazers had become the apparent front-runners to land free agent Hedo Turkoglu.

Fernandez, who paid more than $500,000 of his own money to buy his way out of his contract with DKV Joventut, believes he can earn 5 million euros per season if he signs a three-year contract in Europe. He is due to make $1.1 million from the Blazers next season.

Robinson to Portland?

Shit, I'll do Wilson for Rudy straight up.

JayJ44

Starter
Fernandez would finally give us a true SG. Maybe we could sign and trade Lee for Fernandez plus Outlaw?

do you really think nate is worth outlaw and fernandez.... no way in hell

i think i would wait and see where lee goes first... if we keep lee definately go after fernandez for nate
if lee isnt staying try to trade lee to detroit for rip who does not fit in their plans ... lee for rip is a perfect match in the fact that it fits needs for both teams

our moves should be like this
1. keep lee
2. get fernandez
3. trade curry (for tmac?)

or

1. trade lee for RIP
2. trade curry
3. trade jeffries/hughes in package for mike james plus

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
He also used to be Rubio's teammate. Just sayin'.

If we can get him for a cheap price...like Nate Robinson...I'd say why not?

Coastyn

Rookie
Rudy F Babyyy..please say the babyy! I like this guy..he was SH*TING in the olympics. Hes a true sg with size, and wil be nasty in d'antoni's system. geet em..rubio will follow...although that would make the knicks a foriegn team...its cool with me

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
He plays like Manu without defense.
Rudy Fernandez is a pretty decent defender actually. He's a gambling defender much like Pippen used to be. Fair enough, gambling has ups and downs but to say he has no defense is way off.

He is like Manu though. Wiley and cunning and soaks up the contact.

I've been calling out for this dude all year.

Get it done.

I know Rubio is boys with Gallo, maybe Fernandez is too.

ANU

Starter
chris mannix of s.i. says the turk to portland deal gets done.we need to get rudy.please.
kidd
fernandez
chandler
hill
darko

yes.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
At this rate we're going to become a Euroleague team

But I wouldn't mind, Rudy Fernandez is a great player. He'd be a step up over Larry Hughes anyday. I'm curious as to what we'd have to give up to get him, though.

metrocard

Legend
Yea, Rudy would be awesome.

Only if he played defense, he would be an all star.
This is why Portland fans wouldn't care if Rudy left...Portland fans are full of shit and full of themselves. They don't want to realize Oden is a bust, and Aldridge is soft.

dpryde

Benchwarmer
Yea, Rudy would be awesome.

Only if he played defense, he would be an all star.
This is why Portland fans wouldn't care if Rudy left...Portland fans are full of shit and full of themselves. They don't want to realize Oden is a bust, and Aldridge is soft.

well wudnt u want to believe oden wasnt a bust if ur team picked him instead of kevin durant lol? the good thing for oden is that he doesnt have to be tim duncan on this team. the blazers only need oden to be a 15-17 pt 11-13 reb 2-3 blks type player. they got roy and soon turk to handle the scoring.

metrocard

Legend
well wudnt u want to believe oden wasnt a bust if ur team picked him instead of kevin durant lol? the good thing for oden is that he doesnt have to be tim duncan on this team. the blazers only need oden to be a 15-17 pt 11-13 reb 2-3 blks type player. they got roy and soon turk to handle the scoring.

Yeah, Oden would be that player if he wasn't so foul prone and played with more intensity.

Oden + Intensity = 15 ppg 11 rebs 3 blocks.
Regular Oden = 8 ppg 7.5 rebs 1.9 blks

dpryde

Benchwarmer
Yeah, Oden would be that player if he wasn't so foul prone and played with more intensity.

Oden + Intensity = 15 ppg 11 rebs 3 blocks.
Regular Oden = 8 ppg 7.5 rebs 1.9 blks

i agree, i was just putting it in the perspective of a blazers fan. during that rockets-blazers playoff series i swear he was neva in for more than a 2-3 min period, he makes some of the stupidest fouls sometimes. no doubt hes got talent, but we all kno talent alone doesnt get u very far.