Is Eddy McFlurry Really That Big of a Gamble?

Will Walsh be able to move Curry to free up space for 2010?

• Yes

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • NO

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I think it is crucial for the Knicks to move either Jefferies or Curry to free up room for 2010. I don't see why moving a 26 year old with Curry's size is going to be so difficult even knowing his history. Truth be told he only has 2 years left at 10mil a year. That is not very expensive and I think Walsh will be able to find someone who is willing to gamble on Curry.

I think he has to do it before Curry ever has an oportunity to play for the Knicks again. My reasoning is that I don't think Curry is going to actually get in game shape and be effective. If he fails which I believe he will then his trade value is ZERO. Right now he has POTENTIAL and is a bit of a mystery so hopefully some team lacking in size or depth might be willing to roll the dice with the big man and take his 2 year contract on.

ANU

Starter
it isn't.the issue is, a ten million dollar piece of shit, is still a ten million dollar piece of shit.he needs to play, and show he can still play.its all up to him.he needs this.he'll be 28 when his contract is up, and he's reportedly to have some crazy debts.so, if this doesn't wake him up, i doubt anything will.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
No team no matter how stupid is going to take a chance on Eddy Curry if he hasn't shown he can play yet. If he can get in enough shape to at least play in somebody's system (doesn't have to be D'Antoni's) then somebody out there is going to want him. I mean, bottom line is he was at one point a 6'11" center who scored 19 points per game and was explosive and quick for his size...

The problem that I have with this scenario is that I dont want to experiment with curry any more, If we dont trade him before the season begins or by pre-season ( and if when he does play in pre-season he is not able to play in Mike d's system) I Do not want to experiment during the regular season to up his market value for trading. I dont want chemistry issues where a young Jordan Hill and a 23 yr old Better shot blocker Darko have to share minutes with Curry just to try and trade him, I understand that its all for cap space, but We now have a true core young nucleus barring a PG, and I am convinced that if DOnnie cant move him, MIke Wont play him ala marbury.

Now, allot rests on what we do with nate and lee , those two are monumentally key to moving curry or jefferies, even though IDe rather move curry than jefferies because I feel jefferies 15 mins off the bench for us can actually help ( dude does play hard ). but if we can move both thats a plus.

so its a step by step process

D LEE
N ROB

Sign and Trade ?

Curry

Jefferies

Pre-Season

no trade curry gets benched

2010 we buy curry out.

mafra

Legend
The knock on Curry is he has NO HEART. No love for the game, no work ethic.... IT ignored this.... CHI dumped him b/c of this.

The only way Curry returns to his 2006-2007 form is if he wants money (which is thew case). He wont dedicate himself to the game for his love of the game. BUT, being broke and knowing he doesn't stand to make the money after his NBA days.... He knows this is his last chance to make that $. He has 2 years to convinve some fool to give him a few million more.

SO, in a sense, we might see something out of Curry this year. I sure hope we do. AND, as soon as we see it- SELL to the first bidder!!!

Dirk

Benchwarmer
Eddy curry is a MESS! I have absolutely no faith in the guy. Many years I've wished for him and hoped for him but he FAILS every time. I'm out of hope for him. You know what's going to happen? He's going to come back a fat piece of garbage just like he was before except fatter and worse. Fat bastard. This guy gets paid millions to play a game and he can't get himself in shape to play it. F**K Eddy Curry, he doesn't deserve to wear a Knick shirt. FAT PIECE OF SH*T. END OF.

if this curry and (jeffries/hughes/mobley) for Tracy McGrady then it should happen immediately.

The garden needs some huge name to come for the year and have everyone else on the team look better...maybe even allen iverson can do what he did with the 76ers for one year here

Jeffries and Curry are junk to say the least and whoever comes barking up the trees of those two should have Walsh pull a trigger quickly.

Package harrington or hughes with curry to houston
package jeffries with nate to the Kings

Blas

Benchwarmer
The knock on Curry is he has NO HEART. No love for the game, no work ethic.... IT ignored this.... CHI dumped him b/c of this.

The only way Curry returns to his 2006-2007 form is if he wants money (which is thew case). He wont dedicate himself to the game for his love of the game. BUT, being broke and knowing he doesn't stand to make the money after his NBA days.... He knows this is his last chance to make that $. He has 2 years to convinve some fool to give him a few million more.

SO, in a sense, we might see something out of Curry this year. I sure hope we do. AND, as soon as we see it- SELL to the first bidder!!!

I could have sworn chicago actually wanted to keep him. The problem was his whole heart murmur issue. He refused to take some test, NY said they didn't care, so he came to NY in a trade.

No one knew about his lack of work ethic at the time. They were all worried about him potentially dying while playing basketball.

mafra

Legend
That was the excuse CHI used, to lure some sucker to take Curry off their hands (and fork over the boatload of first rounders we sent)... The word around the campfire in CHI, with the beat writers, was just that- Curry had no fire... no desire.... no work ethic.

Call Donnie Walsh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trade Jeffries for Ridnour

Trade Curry, nate, and harrington for T-Mac and Brent Barry

Sign Lee then sign Grant Hill for a year or anyone F or C for a year

barry/ridnour/duhon/douglas
hughes/tmac
chandler/gallo
lee/hill
darko

That makes only hill, douglas, gallo, chandler, and lee signed for 2010

WHICH Would Leave close to 30 million left for free agent signing

If all goes well dor Darko, he could sign back for less money and have the number one and number two pick of the draft play together when lebron strolls into NYC......BUT I KNOW DARKO IS A LONG SHOT TO EVER BE GOOD SO HE PROBABLY WONT BE HERE

I say these trades should happen because gortat seems to be going to dallas with cuban offering him a contract with the magic needing to match it which leaves the rockets with holes at the Center and SG position for most of the season and Artest also seems to be out the door.

I SAY DONNIE WALSH NEEDS TO WORK WITH THIS AND HAVE TMAC JUST FALL INTO A TRADE FOR THIS SEASON

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star

Well E-city's house mansion here in Chicago just went into forclosure and Eddy is sueing his former money manager because of it. Not to mention Eddy pays 15k per MONTH (that's right) for his two kids and thats until they are at least 18. So I don't think Eddy feels he is set for life right now. Its funny that everyone is so excited to have Darko on the squad with his 5 points a game average. What's Darko's motivation to play well???? Darko just married a supermodel and is a celeb back in his own country. Can we all repeat Metro's new motto together now: Production over Potential.

mafra

Legend
Well E-city's house mansion here in Chicago just went into forclosure and Eddy is sueing his former money manager because of it. Not to mention Eddy pays 15k per MONTH (that's right) for his two kids and thats until they are at least 18. So I don't think Eddy feels he is set for life right now. Its funny that everyone is so excited to have Darko on the squad with his 5 points a game average. What's Darko's motivation to play well???? Darko just married a supermodel and is a celeb back in his own country. Can we all repeat Metro's new motto together now: Production over Potential.

Has Curry ever blocked a shot in his NBA career? Hey, I'm not saying Darko is the answer either. I make a run at BOSH next year....

Even if Curry plays well this seasons, and even if he plays well again next year.... As soon as he gets his next contract, back to 300 pounds for Eddie.

Bottom line: Curry could care less about winning basketball games. Same might be said for Darko as well.

Why do we want either on this team?

We will find out if Darko wants to play here in 2010. AT LEAST Darko keeps in shape (even if it's b/c he wants hot women).

New New York

Quiet Storm
Curry is in the same boat that Zach and Crawford were in last season. Teams want to see him first!

Curry's last good season was in 2007, that is an eternity in the Sports world! Since then his numbers and conditioning has gotten even worse.

If he comes into camp in good shape, then teams will take notice, but he still is going to have to produce to be moved before January.

Oh yeah, more than 6 missed games by the All Star break, consider it impossible to move him.

But what we need to also realize is that trading Curry isnt our only option. If he does play well all season maybe he opts out for a chance for a longer term deal.

For instance he is scheduled to make 11 million in 2010-11, and I doubt a team matches that, but if he can get a 4 yr deal for 28 million he may decide to do that because once his contract is up in 2010-2011 he may be looking at Vin Baker type contracts, short term MLE money for the rest of his career

jimkcchief88

All Star
Has Curry ever blocked a shot in his NBA career? Hey, I'm not saying Darko is the answer either. I make a run at BOSH next year....

Even if Curry plays well this seasons, and even if he plays well again next year.... As soon as he gets his next contract, back to 300 pounds for Eddie.

Bottom line: Curry could care less about winning basketball games. Same might be said for Darko as well.

Why do we want either on this team?

We will find out if Darko wants to play here in 2010. AT LEAST Darko keeps in shape (even if it's b/c he wants hot women).

Has Darko ever scored double-digits in an NBA game??? So just how in shape do you have to be in to have career averages of 5 points and 1.5 rebounds per game???? Its funny how players who have actually had sucess in the NBA like Jamal and Eddy are judged so harshly on this board, while projects like Rubio, Gallinari, and Darko are given a free pass on "potential." At least E-city has put up numbers in an NBA uni. Oh yeah Jay44, I know "It was all because Isiah force fed him the ball." I guess Isiah jumped into Eddy's body like Ghostdad and scored for him as well. I am starting to agree with the Moderators. Knicks fans don't know ****

mafra

Legend
Has Darko ever scored double-digits in an NBA game??? So just how in shape do you have to be in to have career averages of 5 points and 1.5 rebounds per game???? Its funny how players who have actually had sucess in the NBA like Jamal and Eddy are judged so harshly on this board, while projects like Rubio, Gallinari, and Darko are given a free pass on "potential." At least E-city has put up numbers in an NBA uni. Oh yeah Jay44, I know "It was all because Isiah force fed him the ball." I guess Isiah jumped into Eddy's body like Ghostdad and scored for him as well. I am starting to agree with the Moderators. Knicks fans don't know ****

STOP! After you mentioned success & Jamal in the same sentence.... Well, you lost me.

Some of us look at winning PCT, not PPG, as an indicator of a player's value. I do not care if you score 17 points in the 3rd quarter when your team is trailing by 25 points, and you're playing against subs...

Nobody here is applauding Rubio, Darko, Gallo are anybody else.

A BIG difference paying Darko 1/5 what you pat Curry, and expecting much less. We gave up a boatload of picks, spent million on Curry, and he couldn't even bother to get in shape, act motivated and even pretend to care?

Come on.

Losers are losers, and you cannot win with them.... Simple as that.

Did Curry-Jamal get us to the playoffs? NOPE!

SO, they key is to get rid of the garbage and rebuild. Nobody says Darko-Gallo-Rubio will win us a championship.... BUT, if we get Lebron & Bosh, those guys MIGHT be a sweet supporting cast.

We wont get Bosh if Curry is making 10 million in 2010.

dpryde

Benchwarmer
actually mafra darko getting like 8 mil while cury getinn 10-11, but ur right about the lesser expectations. how many seasons have we knick fans hoped eddy curry became a good center, only to be dissapointed time afta time, afta time again

JayJ44

Starter

If only Rubio, Gallinari, and Darko were from Chicago. Then they would get this dumbass's approval. Let's take a look at Curry's stats and Darko's stats per 36 minutes. Bolded stats show which player has the advantage.

Darko
PPG: 11.6
APG: 1.5
RPG: 8.5
SPG: 0.8
BPG: 2.6
TOV: 2.2
FGA: 10.5

Curry
PPG: 18.8
APG: 0.8
RPG: 7.5
SPG: 0.4
BPG: 1.1
TOV: 3.2
FGA: 13

I would prefer Darko's superior passing, rebounding, defense, and shot-blocking over Curry's scoring. The only reason Curry scores more, is because he averaged about 3 more field goal attempts per 36 minutes. Plus, Curry's scoring is a detriment to team chemistry, because he requires the entire shot clock, and most of his possesions end in a turnover or bad shot. So, in conclusion, Darko>Curry.

jimkcchief88

All Star
If only Rubio, Gallinari, and Darko were from Chicago. Then they would get this dumbass's approval. Let's take a look at Curry's stats and Darko's stats per 36 minutes. Bolded stats show which player has the advantage.

Darko
PPG: 11.6
APG: 1.5
RPG: 8.5
SPG: 0.8
BPG: 2.6
TOV: 2.2
FGA: 10.5

Curry
PPG: 18.8
APG: 0.8
RPG: 7.5
SPG: 0.4
BPG: 1.1
TOV: 3.2
FGA: 13

I would prefer Darko's superior passing, rebounding, defense, and shot-blocking over Curry's scoring. The only reason Curry scores more, is because he averaged about 3 more field goal attempts per 36 minutes. Plus, Curry's scoring is a detriment to team chemistry, because he requires the entire shot clock, and most of his possesions end in a turnover or bad shot. So, in conclusion, Darko>Curry.

You know the great thing about stats is that they can be used and misrepsented to make any point. I love your "per 36 minutes" variation. Last time I checked, NBA games are 48 minutes long. So no matter how you mess with the stats Darko "The Donut" averages 5 points per game with 1.5 boards for his career. This is a number 2# overall pick we are talking about here. So keep prefering "Darko the Donut."

jimkcchief88

All Star
STOP! After you mentioned success & Jamal in the same sentence.... Well, you lost me.

Some of us look at winning PCT, not PPG, as an indicator of a player's value. I do not care if you score 17 points in the 3rd quarter when your team is trailing by 25 points, and you're playing against subs...

Nobody here is applauding Rubio, Darko, Gallo are anybody else.

A BIG difference paying Darko 1/5 what you pat Curry, and expecting much less. We gave up a boatload of picks, spent million on Curry, and he couldn't even bother to get in shape, act motivated and even pretend to care?

Come on.

Losers are losers, and you cannot win with them.... Simple as that.

Did Curry-Jamal get us to the playoffs? NOPE!

SO, they key is to get rid of the garbage and rebuild. Nobody says Darko-Gallo-Rubio will win us a championship.... BUT, if we get Lebron & Bosh, those guys MIGHT be a sweet supporting cast.

We wont get Bosh if Curry is making 10 million in 2010.

No, plenty on this board are applauding Rubio, Darko and Gallo. What board have you been reading??? All I know is when Steph quit on us 2 years ago, Jamal stepped up and took over the 1 spot and lead our team in scoring. For that he was scorned and shipped out. Newsflash: If winning is the only measure of sucess, every Knick that has suited up for the last DECADE is a LOSER. Did Jamal and Eddy get us to the playoffs??? NO. But you think a cast lead by Darko, Gallinari, and everybody's dreamboat Rubio would lead us back to the promised land??? Please..... Like I said above I'm just going to agree with the Moderators. Knicks fans don't know **** and I lose basketball IQ points even trying to talk hoops in this basketball bizarro world called KO.com. Guys that have never busted a grape have "potential" while guys who have put in actual work are losers.