In nearly every thread I read on here someone is running thier mouth off about 2010 and this vision of Lebron James/Chris Bosh signing for the Knicks and automatically we become the beasts of the East, championships handed to us because we will just be too good, all the other teams will just bail out cause we have Lebron etc etc. Why do we have to skip over an entire year? Why not concentrate on now rather than 2010? Why can't you just support your team? I refuse to look toward 2010, it defeats the whole purpose of being a "fan". I believe the Knicks can win the NBA championship in 2009. If I didn't believe that then I may as well not call myself a Knick fan. Who's to say that under the right leadership we can't go the distance? I'm a realist though, the chances of us actually winning the whole thing is probably like an 8% chance. However I don't want to hang my coat on Lebron James joining the Knicks. Would I like it to happen? yes. Will it happen, I have no f**king idea. Go Knicks 2009.
Some things to take into consideration:
- What's the chances Lebron will sign for the Knicks?
- What's the chances we have a good team by the time he supposedly sign
- What happens if he signs an extension with Cleveland halfway through the season, then what the f**k happens to "2010" and blowing a whole 2009 season trying to get in position
- What's the chances if he does sign we can sign any other good free agent
- If he does sign how does that guarantee us championships, Cleveland didnt go to the finals, the Lakers and the Magic did
F**k 2010, I'm not going to dream. 2009 is the only year I'm thinking of. Agree? Disagree?