Walsh Said Leeway!!!!

umynot

Benchwarmer
Now if Mr tight lipped Walsh said "leeway that I dont want to talk about " something must be up!!!

We offered Kidd 3 years which i see is official!! Thats not the plan right?
We must protect cap for next year no? Kidd @ 37 through 40 helps that plan?
I mean he makes us better and for sure help Duhon from getting drained like last year but he will be on the books for 5 os 6 million in the year of Lebron.

Now I understand that Bron Bron is tight with Kidd from the Olympics but Bron is tight with a lot of NBA studs!! Is Kidd more important then cap space is what i really wonder......... Hmmmmmmmmm

Something is up!!!

But what? Is Curry really going to Houston for T-Mac?

Is Jeffries heading out? Did we find homes for both?

I hear there is a lot of teams trying to survive financially that would love to get Mobleys contract!

Is Rubio still on our Radar and would we somehow include a third team to help compensate Walsh's buddy Kahn for drafting the next best Point Guard for us!! He has said he is staying in Spain but once we get his rights he will quickly change his mind!!

I am convinced something is already decided on we are just waiting till the 8th to announce. Knowing NY it will get out before that!! ......

If we can really rid ourselves of both Curry and Jeffries for contracts that expire package Mobleys contract and a Hughes or Chandler or even Harrigton for Rubio's rights it would a perfect summer for the Knicks!!

Only way I see Kidd making sense is for both Curry and Jeffries gone!!!

BernardKing

Rookie
Now if Mr tight lipped Walsh said "leeway that I dont want to talk about " something must be up!!!

We offered Kidd 3 years which i see is official!! Thats not the plan right?
We must protect cap for next year no? Kidd @ 37 through 40 helps that plan?
I mean he makes us better and for sure help Duhon from getting drained like last year but he will be on the books for 5 os 6 million in the year of Lebron.

Now I understand that Bron Bron is tight with Kidd from the Olympics but Bron is tight with a lot of NBA studs!! Is Kidd more important then cap space is what i really wonder......... Hmmmmmmmmm

Something is up!!!

But what? Is Curry really going to Houston for T-Mac?

Is Jeffries heading out? Did we find homes for both?

I hear there is a lot of teams trying to survive financially that would love to get Mobleys contract!

Is Rubio still on our Radar and would we somehow include a third team to help compensate Walsh's buddy Kahn for drafting the next best Point Guard for us!! He has said he is staying in Spain but once we get his rights he will quickly change his mind!!

I am convinced something is already decided on we are just waiting till the 8th to announce. Knowing NY it will get out before that!! ......

If we can really rid ourselves of both Curry and Jeffries for contracts that expire package Mobleys contract and a Hughes or Chandler or even Harrigton for Rubio's rights it would a perfect summer for the Knicks!!

Only way I see Kidd making sense is for both Curry and Jeffries gone!!!

I saw this too on RealGM, and I want to get some more context. I mean, did he email AP for the sole purpose of planting this bombshell, or was it something that "slipped out" purposely within the context of some other story?

Any more details? Losing either one of those contracts would be huge...

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
The Knicks might as weill spit in David Lees face

If you can?t sign ?em, Donnie Walsh must believe that you might as well insult ?em. After averaging a career high 16 points and 11.7 rebounds per game, the Knicks are apparently only prepared to offer David Lee a four-year, $32 million deal.

To me that?s crazy. I understand teams not wanting to overpay for marginal players, but Lee was the third leading rebounder in the NBA last season and the heart and soul of the Knicks. While it appears the going rate (at least in Lee?s mind) is $10 million a season, it seems no matter how much Knicks fans love D-Lee, money also cheers louder.

?There?s no question he?d love to stay in New York,? Lee?s agent, Mark Bartelstein told the News? Frank Isola. ?But you are only a free agent so many times in our career, especially in the prime of your career.?

And teams with money that they?re willing to spend will eventually win out. If the Knicks are smart, they?ll pull off a sign-and-trade with either Lee or Nate Robinson rather than letting them walk away for nothing, and it appears Portland, Detroit, Oklahoma City and Memphis have the most interest in the power forward.

JayJ44

Starter
I thought Detroit were highly interested in Lee as well?

Not anymore, they signed Gordon and Villunueva. Memphis got Z-Bo, so they're out. Portland is more interested in Turkoglu and Andre Miller. OKC hasn't shown any interest, and they're more likely to go after Paul Millsap (who actually plays defense). We can pretty much sign Lee to whatever we want. I still think we should sign and trade him. He's overrated, and we could get some valuable pieces for him.

BernardKing

Rookie
I still think we should sign and trade him. He's overrated, and we could get some valuable pieces for him.

I agree with doing a sign-and-trade with DLee if it rids us of Curry's contract or Jeffries contract. I'd also sign-and-trade Lee in a Rubio scenario.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
If we can sign and trade David Lee to a small contract (all of his rumored suitors have pretty much focused their eyes elsewhere) and trade him, it could convince another team to take Eddy Curry as well

David Lee's 8 million + Eddy Curry's 10 million + Cuttino Mobley's contract for T-Mac?

Goodness I would LOVE that deal

BernardKing

Rookie
If we can sign and trade David Lee to a small contract (all of his rumored suitors have pretty much focused their eyes elsewhere) and trade him, it could convince another team to take Eddy Curry as well

David Lee's 8 million + Eddy Curry's 10 million + Cuttino Mobley's contract for T-Mac?

Goodness I would LOVE that deal

+1

If that's the leeway, I'll be happier than a pig eating sh*t.

My hunch is that the "Leeway" involves that rumor of Nate/Jeffries going to the Kings. In that case, the expiring contract of Kenny Thomas.

portega1968

El Cacique
I suspect the "leeway" refers to a possible threeway with Atlanta and Houston thatll have the Knicks taking Josh Smith, the Rockets taking Eddy Curry, Jared Jeffries and Joe JOhnson and the Hawks getting Aaron Brooks, Luis Scola, Wilson Chandler and McGrady's expiring deal.

Morris Almond is a high school teammate of Josh Smith and his signing to the summer league may be an accomodation to get Smith to approve the trade (he can veto any trade before Aug13th). Smith wants out and rumors are that Atlanta is looking to make him happy.

So, if we analyze this, Atlanta also stands to lose Joe Johnson next summer and have moved in a possible replacement with Jamal Crawford. With this trade, they can clear space to resign Johnson next season or attract any agent.

They dont want Eddy Curry nor Jared Jeffries, so a direct swap is impossible.

Enter the Houston Rockets who are willing to move TMac's huge expiring deal and and due to Yao's injury are probably the only team that has a strong incentive to acquire Eddy (now that Gortat will sign with the Mavs).

Hence, the following deal or something similar may be in the oven:

[REALGM]5167322[/REALGM]

Successful Trade Scenario
Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to Atlanta, New York, and Houston being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Atlanta, New York, and Houston had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective
Bargaining Agreement.

Trade ID #5167322

Atlanta Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +16.9 ppg, +9.0 rpg, and +3.3 apg.

Incoming Players
Wilson Chandler
6-8 SF from DePaul
14.4 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 2.1 apg in 33.4 minutes

Aaron Brooks
5-11 PG from Oregon
11.2 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 3.0 apg in 25.0 minutes

Luis Scola
6-9 PF from Buenos Aires (Argentina)
12.7 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 1.5 apg in 30.3 minutes

Tracy McGrady
6-8 SG / SF from Mount Zion Christian Academy (HS)
15.6 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 5.0 apg in 33.8 minutes

Outgoing Players
Josh Smith
6-9 PF from Oak Hill Academy (HS)
15.6 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 2.5 apg in 35.1 minutes

Joe Johnson
6-7 SG from Arkansas
21.4 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 5.8 apg in 39.5 minutes

New York Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -2.3 ppg, -2.0 rpg, and -0.8 apg.

Incoming Players

Josh Smith

Brian Cook
6-9 PF from Illinois
3.0 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 0.2 apg in 6.9 minutes

Outgoing Players

Wilson Chandler
6-8 SF from DePaul

Jared Jeffries
6-11 SF from Indiana
5.3 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 1.4 apg in 23.4 minutes

Eddy Curry
6-11 C from Thornwood (HS)
1.2 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 0.0 apg in 2.9 minutes

Houston Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -14.6 ppg, -7.0 rpg, and -2.5 apg.

Incoming Players

Joe Johnson
6-7 SG from Arkansas

Jared Jeffries
6-11 SF from Indiana

Eddy Curry

Outgoing Players

Aaron Brooks
5-11 PG from Oregon

Luis Scola

Brian Cook
6-9 PF from Illinois

Tracy McGrady

Knicks Starting 5:
Darko
Josh Smith
Gallinari
Nate
Kidd

Atlanta Starting 5:
Aaron Brooks
Jamal Crawford
Marvin Williams
Luis Scola
Al Horford

Rockets Starting 5:
Joe Johnson
Trevor Ariza
Shane Battier
Carl Landry
Eddy Curry

This would allow us to sign Chris Bosh and Lebron/Wade next year.

jpz17

Starter
I suspect the "leeway" refers to a possible threeway with Atlanta and Houston thatll have the Knicks taking Josh Smith, the Rockets taking Eddy Curry, Jared Jeffries and Joe JOhnson and the Hawks getting Aaron Brooks, Luis Scola, Wilson Chandler and McGrady's expiring deal.

Morris Almond is a high school teammate of Josh Smith and his signing to the summer league may be an accomodation to get Smith to approve the trade (he can veto any trade before Aug13th). Smith wants out and rumors are that Atlanta is looking to make him happy.

So, if we analyze this, Atlanta also stands to lose Joe Johnson next summer and have moved in a possible replacement with Jamal Crawford. With this trade, they can clear space to resign Johnson next season or attract any agent.

They dont want Eddy Curry nor Jared Jeffries, so a direct swap is impossible.

Enter the Houston Rockets who are willing to move TMac's huge expiring deal and and due to Yao's injury are probably the only team that has a strong incentive to acquire Eddy (now that Gortat will sign with the Mavs).

Hence, the following deal or something similar may be in the oven:

[REALGM]5167322[/REALGM]

Successful Trade Scenario
Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to Atlanta, New York, and Houston being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Atlanta, New York, and Houston had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective
Bargaining Agreement.

Trade ID #5167322

Atlanta Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +16.9 ppg, +9.0 rpg, and +3.3 apg.

Incoming Players
Wilson Chandler
6-8 SF from DePaul

Aaron Brooks
5-11 PG from Oregon

Luis Scola

Tracy McGrady

Outgoing Players
Josh Smith

Joe Johnson
6-7 SG from Arkansas

New York Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -2.3 ppg, -2.0 rpg, and -0.8 apg.

Incoming Players

Josh Smith

Brian Cook
6-9 PF from Illinois

Outgoing Players

Wilson Chandler
6-8 SF from DePaul

Jared Jeffries
6-11 SF from Indiana

Eddy Curry

Houston Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -14.6 ppg, -7.0 rpg, and -2.5 apg.

Incoming Players

Joe Johnson
6-7 SG from Arkansas

Jared Jeffries
6-11 SF from Indiana

Eddy Curry

Outgoing Players

Aaron Brooks
5-11 PG from Oregon

Luis Scola

Brian Cook
6-9 PF from Illinois

Tracy McGrady

Knicks Starting 5:
Darko
Josh Smith
Gallinari
Nate
Kidd

Atlanta Starting 5:
Aaron Brooks
Jamal Crawford
Marvin Williams
Luis Scola
Al Horford

Rockets Starting 5:
Joe Johnson
Trevor Ariza
Shane Battier
Carl Landry
Eddy Curry

This would allow us to sign Chris Bosh and Lebron/Wade next year.

boo, jj will only go to ny if he goes. Mike D likes him

portega1968

El Cacique
I made it up after connecting the dots here in the past weeks

1. Walsh offers JKidd 3 years and talks about leeway, which means a deal is cooking for jeffries and curry
2. the signing of morris almond (josh smiths buddy)
3. josh smith can veto any trade until aug19
4. houston wants curry and wants to ship out tmac
5. atlanta wants to move smith and may lose a shot at JJ next year if they dont move him

all teams win in this scenario any which way you look at it

BernardKing

Rookie
I made it up after connecting the dots here in the past weeks

1. Walsh offers JKidd 3 years and talks about leeway, which means a deal is cooking for jeffries and curry
2. the signing of morris almond (josh smiths buddy)
3. josh smith can veto any trade until aug19
4. houston wants curry and wants to ship out tmac
5. atlanta wants to move smith and may lose a shot at JJ next year if they dont move him

all teams win in this scenario any which way you look at it

The whole point of getting rid of Curry and Jeffries is to remove 18 mil from our cap for next summer. Overall, this trade would only save us 7 mil for next summer... That's significant, but I'm hoping we can do better than that, and remove the full 18 mil... However, If this kind of trade is the best we can do, then maybe you have to consider it...

mafra

Legend
Kidd used Walsh to force Cuban's hand.... to get a guarantee on that 3rd year. HE WAS NEVER going to turn down 12-18 million to come play for the Knicks.

Looks like Morris Almond is this year's Anthony Robeson.

MAN, Walsh better luck out- get Lebron & Bosh- or else what then? He turns around and retires, saying he tried?

ANU

Starter
The Knicks might as weill spit in David Lees face

If you can?t sign ?em, Donnie Walsh must believe that you might as well insult ?em. After averaging a career high 16 points and 11.7 rebounds per game, the Knicks are apparently only prepared to offer David Lee a four-year, $32 million deal.

To me that?s crazy. I understand teams not wanting to overpay for marginal players, but Lee was the third leading rebounder in the NBA last season and the heart and soul of the Knicks. While it appears the going rate (at least in Lee?s mind) is $10 million a season, it seems no matter how much Knicks fans love D-Lee, money also cheers louder.

?There?s no question he?d love to stay in New York,? Lee?s agent, Mark Bartelstein told the News? Frank Isola. ?But you are only a free agent so many times in our career, especially in the prime of your career.?

And teams with money that they?re willing to spend will eventually win out. If the Knicks are smart, they?ll pull off a sign-and-trade with either Lee or Nate Robinson rather than letting them walk away for nothing, and it appears Portland, Detroit, Oklahoma City and Memphis have the most interest in the power forward.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ekQ_Ja02gTY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ekQ_Ja02gTY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

either you're him, his girl, or his agent, and if you're neither and complaining about his money get the **** outta knicks online and start a avi lee forum.

we want a championship.the knicks aren't in it for rebounding titles.smh at this dickhead.

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ekQ_Ja02gTY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

either you're him, his girl, or his agent, and if you're neither and complaining about his money get the **** outta knicks online and start a avi lee forum.

we want a championship.the knicks aren't in it for rebounding titles.smh at this dickhead.
So I guess I am not the only one who calls him. avi Lee. The stat pader plays no D.
Maybe we can sign him for cheap and deal him.

Kiyaman

Legend
Looking at all the starting PF in the league the last two seasons, and all the top contender teams that could use the services of David Lee, makes me real angry (upset) when I read a Knick-Fan write David Lee is worth $6M or $7M.

David Lee would actually average 30 mpg on the Celtics (we better hope like hell the Celtics dont pull off some em to get Lee this offseason).....Lee may not be worth the $15M bracket in the league b/c he was drafted by a confused Knick organization who only had one decent bigman (Dale Davis) since Lee was drafted to tandem with in the frontcourt.

But for anyone to think that David Lee is not worth $9M to $12M his 5th season in the NBA need to only watch college ball and Euro-League B-Ball (semi-pro).
Earning $10M per in the NBA is not All-Star or Star status but it is Horry, Ginobli, Odom, Prince, Richard Jefferson, and that guy Larry Hughes on the Wizards between Jamison & Arenas, which is the middle man to boost the team to the next level.
Lee's hustle in the paint and "pick n role" with Duhon or Nate makes him a pure 3rd option on offense alongside of 3rd option Nate & Chandler.
Now take this so-call 2010 plan and get a first option SG or Center.

How many strong rebounding Bigmen did Duncan have in his rotation for each of his Championship Rings?
KG would still be in Minny if Dum Dum Mchale would've drafted David Lee.

The Knicks finally drafts another Bigman that can rebound alongside of David Lee & Chandler to give Knick opositions just "one shot" at the basket, and all u silly 2010 Fans dont think the top "double double" player last season dont deserve half of the salary that Amare & Bosh will demand.

Well, if we lose David Lee and all our oponents have 2 and 3 chances to make a shot this season and in the 2010-11 season b/c we were not able to convince a rebounder to sign for $15M it will be on all u so-call Fan Favorites dont know the value of NBA B-Ball.....u guys are willing to give Amare & Bosh $20M, but not Lee $10M.

U so-call Knick-Fans Disgust a hard nose 40 year Knick-Fan (Kiya)...<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Kiyaman

Legend
All u David Lee Haters.....I have not forgotten all the Laydum and Isiah traded players u gloated over....but that was the past.

Hypothetically writing, if the Knicks did get Lebron James what position would he let Gallo play alongside of him?

I know what positions Lebron James would have Lee, Nate, & Chandler play alongside of him for 30 mpg, bc we all know their best talents.
And those 3 players talents over match the talents Lebron had on his 66 win team.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Lee ain't coming back after getting Milicic and Jordan Hill here both being 6'11 and 7'1. His services are no longer needed here and hope he signs or traded somewhere else. I just don't envisioned Lee being part of our nucleus come next season and beyond. He is not a 10 million dollar player who lacks so much to even be starter, just because he averaged 16/11 last season can u ask yourselves, Lee Lovers, how many did he give up on the other end. I would say at least 40 points in the paint and at least 28 defending one on one. I have never seen someone so athletic be so pathetic defending the post. Just raising your arms like an idiot, not even trying to block one shot, not even one all season long. I see us retaining Nate, who has more of a killer instinct than anybody on our roster. I have to give him that, and hope he signs with us.