Gortat to Big D!: Houston we still have a problem!

New New York

Quiet Storm
Gortat will sign with Dallas it looks like, meaning Houston still needs a center.

Can we get a deal done here?

Here is the funny thing about Houston,Dallas, and The Knicks

The Knicks covet Gortat and wanted to make him an offer, and they also want to trade Curry away. We are also currently causing Mark Cuban to lose sleep over losing his starting PG. Wanted T-Mac from Houston

Houston: Needs a center and Gortat was their first choice, with a rumor (still have not heard any Houston exec confirm) that they were somewhat considering Curry. Another rumor had them considering trading T-Mac to us

Dallas: Wants Gortat, wants to trade Dampier and wants to retain Kidd

I say lets get all three teams on the horn to see how we can help each other out!

We help out Houston by freeing up Gortat and offer Dallas Curry and Nate for Dampiers expiring contract and we take our offer to Kidd off the table.

For our favor to Houston they agree to the T-Mac swap for Hughes and Mobley

Transaction Breakdown:

NY: Gets Curry's contract off the Books (buys out Dampier before he even arrives at the airport), gets T-Mac

Houston: Gortat,Hughes and some financial relief

Dallas: Keeps Kidd,moves their worst FA signing to date, and adds Nate....ok so now their stuck with Curry, but he did play his best ball of the season in Dallas last year!

Ok, deals like this never get done, just having a little fun with the possibilities

Toons

is the Bo$$
we can offer gortat the same 5.6 mil for 3 years instead of kidd....donnie wtf!??!!? gortat already said he likes new york, this was the first place he landed when he came to the US. this makes me mad.

thats actually a nice 3way tho.

LeFlume

All Star
It would surprise me if the Rockets let T-Mac go when both Artest and Yao is gone. They might wanna keep him. They need a superstar more than ever now. Besides he comes for less than Eddie Curry.....

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Gortat will sign with Dallas it looks like, meaning Houston still needs a center.

Dallas: Keeps Kidd,moves their worst FA signing to date, and adds Nate....ok so now their stuck with Curry, but he did play his best ball of the season in Dallas last year!

LOLZ Yea he played 2 minutes in that game. Wow, Curry is pound by pound the worst NBA player in the history of the game.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
we can offer gortat the same 5.6 mil for 3 years instead of kidd....donnie wtf!??!!? gortat already said he likes new york, this was the first place he landed when he came to the US. this makes me mad.

Agreed. Donnie dropped the ball on this one, big time. It is still beyond my understanding why we went for Darko. Ok, he's got an expiring contract which is great but we are putting all our eggs in the 2010 basket. Darko doesn't make u better. Gortat would.

Even though Chris Dudley was pretty horrendous on the knicks

I agree that Curry is the worst player in the history of basketball

:agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed:

ANU

Starter
there is absolutely no reason to get upset about not getting gortat.we need to see what we have in hill, and darko,as well as give "touch me dave" some time if he isn't moved before the season.we can't forget about lee too.

THe last time I heard any rumor about the knicks targeting gortat was before we aquired Darko...DW already addressed that need , now we are looking to get a pg our other need. WE dont need gortat and darko at the same time.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Point Guard

I am with Don'tForgetDerekHarper. We need a point guard. All other positions are reasonably well addressed. I would not mind Kidd for one year, but as some other poster noted, Nash will be avaialble next year. Neither addresses a long term need.

Donnie must have some plan on a point guard beyond Kidd.

dpryde

Benchwarmer
Even though Chris Dudley was pretty horrendous on the knicks

I agree that Curry is the worst player in the history of basketball

:agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed:

no hes not, not even close