Bad News for Knick Fans

johnstarky

Rotation player
Jason Kidd isn't going to the Knicks.

Kidd Staying Put: An informed source has told HOOPSWORLD that Jason Kidd intends to return to the Dallas Mavericks for a three-year, $24 million contract.
Kidd has indicated to the Mavericks and New York Knicks that he'll mull over their respective offers over the weekend. The Knicks are said to be offering Jason a guaranteed three years at the Mid-Level Exception (MLE) which works out to be approximately $18.1 million.
Barring a surprising change of events, Kidd is expected to notify the Dallas on Monday that he'll take their offer which would start at approximately $7.25 million for the upcoming season.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

mafra

Legend
What is HOOPSWORLD?

I trust Jefferson over some "informed" source? Still, Kidd can't pass on 18 million.... He probably used NY to get Cuban to guarantee that 3rd year. NO WAY he wasgoing to pass up on 12-18 million dollars-

I love how they try to make him out to be a family man.... wants to be near his kids. LOL! He can fly home when he wants to see them.

Kidd gets one more laugh at our expense, and DW fell right into his lap.

SO, the ONE guy we chased gets away.... and we're left with...?

Seems like DW is taking his Indy approach.... The 15 yr plan.

Coastyn

Rookie
I dont care for jason kidd much... I mean, it would be nice to have him for one, maybe 2 seasons...the man is almost 40 and theirs a new wave of guards in this league. Its not gonna take just jason kidd to gain the interest of lebron...As a fan, im not sad about kidd not commin at all. Lets get sessions or jus ride out duhons contract for one more year. Im hearing that nash is interested if he doesnt get an extention anyway....at least nash is 35, not 37 (and a proven mvp under d'antoni)

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
What is HOOPSWORLD?

I trust Jefferson over some "informed" source? Still, Kidd can't pass on 18 million.... He probably used NY to get Cuban to guarantee that 3rd year. NO WAY he wasgoing to pass up on 12-18 million dollars-

I love how they try to make him out to be a family man.... wants to be near his kids. LOL! He can fly home when he wants to see them.

Kidd gets one more laugh at our expense, and DW fell right into his lap.

SO, the ONE guy we chased gets away.... and we're left with...?

Funniest quote LOLZ, but I understand your frustration but bottom line is we aren't getting anybody of importance and we might not re-sign Lee and Nate which is good news for me. If we do get McGrady it would be to get rid of Curry's contract because I don't see McGrady playing more than 15 games next year. He's done, I can't belief that some here see us making the playoffs with him on our roster, dude couldn't even play in back to back games last season.

it doesnt matter if marbury is or isnt better then kidd marbury's attitude sucks and will never play in ny again.... amen
be a knicks fan or a marbury fan but make up your mind

th3realicon

Rotation player

That is not fair, especially knowing that the Donnie Walsh plan is really supposed to elevate in 2010. Than what team would you built aroung J Kidd anyways?He is old clearly past his prime and not championship material. he had his chances and he blew them. Whoy would it be different in NY? Ih he couldn't win in NJ and Dallas there is no way in hell he will be able to do it here.

Wait till Donnie is done with his 2010 FA signings than you read his obituaries if necessary.

mafra

Legend
That is not fair, especially knowing that the Donnie Walsh plan is really supposed to elevate in 2010. Than what team would you built aroung J Kidd anyways?He is old clearly past his prime and not championship material. he had his chances and he blew them. Whoy would it be different in NY? Ih he couldn't win in NJ and Dallas there is no way in hell he will be able to do it here.

Wait till Donnie is done with his 2010 FA signings than you read his obituaries if necessary.

I poke fun of DW, mainly b/c I wasn't on board with his hiring. I understand what he's trying to do.... And I agree with it actually.

My problem with DW is his "smaller" moves and draft, which were supposed to build the supporting cast.... So if the 2010 plan works, we have a team ready to compete for the title.

Signing Anthony Roberson? Really?

I liked the Duhon signing. I also LOVED the Crawford-Harrington trade.... Both are pretty much the same player, but at least Harrington is taller.

I thought the Radnolph dump was ill-advised. Sure, it was a gamble.... BUT< as we saw the other day.... We could have dealt him this off-season. AND, with him on the roster, we might have reached the playoffs... got some invaluable playoff experience.... showed Lebron we are worthy.

ANYWAY.... the two draft picks: Danilo Gallineri & Jordan Hill. In essence, these selections either make-or-break DW. I understand swinging for the fences.... maybe for one pick.... but for betting on potential with both picks?

WOW. He passed on Eric Gordon & Brook Lopez (2 players who would have appealed to Lebron). This year.... He passed on Terrence Williams, Ty Lawson, Gerald Henderson.

Who knows how it works out. BUT, you would think if you were building for 2010.... you would be conservative with your picks.... Better to get solid, starying players than guys who haven't performed but possess upside?

SO.... here it goes: WHAT IF it doesn't work? What if we do not get Wade or Lebron, Bosh or Amare? What then? We give up and build for 2016?

I understand clearing cap space and making a run at the BEST free agents... BUT, ultimately.... the success/failure of DW will depend on the smaller moves- the ones he's doing now.

I'm pulling for DW... of course.... Same with Danilo & Hill. Let's hope.

Paul1355

All Star
Jason Kidd isn't going to the Knicks.

Kidd Staying Put: An informed source has told HOOPSWORLD that Jason Kidd intends to return to the Dallas Mavericks for a three-year, $24 million contract.
Kidd has indicated to the Mavericks and New York Knicks that he'll mull over their respective offers over the weekend. The Knicks are said to be offering Jason a guaranteed three years at the Mid-Level Exception (MLE) which works out to be approximately $18.1 million.
Barring a surprising change of events, Kidd is expected to notify the Dallas on Monday that he'll take their offer which would start at approximately $7.25 million for the upcoming season.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Kidd isn't worth what Dallas is giving him...let them keep him...I'm content with Duhon and Nate as our Point guards. Duhon is close to Kidd's numbers in assist per game and Nate is a better scorer than both of them....and Kidd is old...36?