Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Allen Iverson to Knicks?

Default Allen Iverson to Knicks?

For the MLE or the veteran's minimum - wouldn't be a bad choice.

Think about it....

1) NY - If you're career is on the slide down, the best way to go out is here in NYC. Endorsements + future career opps loom here.

2) AI + LeBron share the same agent if that's any incentive for 2010

3) AI can flourish in this system. I know we say that about everyone, but think about it. This can be good for him.

4) We need a proven player at the SG position.

Might not be a bad pickup. But would he take an offer sheet for some of the MLE....

I'd like to have AI in NY, but I don't know if he wants too, he might go for a contender this season.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

if AI cant start he sayin he will retire... dont know if he can start on a contender...he will have to come off the bench to do that.

Well we're contending to give Utah a lottery pick this year, so I'm pretty sure he'd get the nod over Larry Hughes.

1 year MLE. I wouldn't mind that.

NO NO NO to AI!!!!!!!!!!!! Do not want him, his game nor his attitude anywhere near the Garden!!! Besides, if we wanted that type of player, then just resign Nate; he's a younger version of AI or Starbury.... Besides, AI is at the other side of his prime and he would probably want to play with a team that has the potential to go to the finals. AI would just be a distraction and bad role model to the younger guards on this team.

Yes, Yes why not bring in a great role model for Toney Douglas

Pass on that...AI wouldnt flourish in MD'A's system at all. He slows the game down by dribbling and trying to create his own shot. Plus Iverson's attitude is way above the Knicks chemistry... Theres no way he'd get along with the young talent on our team. AI wants to win, not begin to rebuild any team. The guy has skill but is past his prime....No go

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

I suggest he go to georgetown.. he'd probably mesh nicely with Arenas, Caron and Antawn

but NO WAY he should be brought to NY.

no..

He's not looking for a contender, don't you all remember him wanting to play for the grizz? He wants to start and he wants $$$. That being said, still no thanks on AI to the Knicks.

Well he is my favorite current player in the NBA so I would be all for it.Out of the veteran guards his age he's the most durable and can still break down defense and score.It'd just come down to him wanting to help the younger players.I'd have no problem him trying to take over a lot as long he gets the other players involved.

AI's best year came in 2001 when he was surrounded by defensive role players and he taking 1/3 of the shots. He couldn't play with Carmelo, couldn't play with Webber, couldn't play with Rasheed Wallace, so I don't understand why he wants to play for a contender where he would want to control tempo and ball while not deferring to others at his skill level or higher. I'll pass and Walsh wouldn't even think of bringing in another cancer like this as talented as he is. He is a great player a top 5 among his generation as nobody has score more points than him since he came to the league averaging 27 points a game. If we had a group of veteran role players then I'll be all for it. But with the group that we have, I don't think so.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Originally Posted by Coastyn
    Pass on that...AI wouldnt flourish in MD'A's system at all. He slows the game down by dribbling and trying to create his own shot. Plus Iverson's attitude is way above the Knicks chemistry... Theres no way he'd get along with the young talent on our team. AI wants to win, not begin to rebuild any team. The guy has skill but is past his prime....No go
    Got to disagree with you on this one. A.I. is this so called system of D'Antoni would be the ****. Not ****, THE ****. Sign him to a one year 5 or 6 million deal. We can go head and bench Hughes, it's not like he has a future with us or anything. I'd like to see A.I. play along side Chandler and Gallinari.

But in reality this **** will never happen. This team is ****ed.

Veteran

Derek Rose & Iverson would eat up the Eastern Conference alive next season with Deng & Tyrus at the SF position. Coach Del Negro would be in the award for top 3 coaches next season. If the Chicago Bulls dont sign Iverson to a 3 year contract after losing Ben Gordon to Detroit, then Paxon is dummer than (No PG) Dumars who knew Iverson was/is a Pure SG in the league that just average 6 assist in his career.