Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: LeBron won't be a Knick, told Ariza staying with Cavs

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Veteran quiggle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,246
    Rep Power
    0

    Default LeBron won't be a Knick, told Ariza staying with Cavs

    According to Chris Broussard from ESPN The Magazine, LeBron James told Ariza he would remain with the Cavaliers past 2010.


    Even that wasn't enough to get Ariza, who verbally committed to join the Rockets last Thursday, to change his mind and go to Cleveland.

    "Trevor asked LeBron if he would be in Cleveland after next season," the source said. "And LeBron said, 'I'll be there. Of course, I'll be there.'"

  2. #2
    Member Ewing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    310
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    It was just a way to get Ariza...bull**** in my opinion.

  3. #3
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    The thing everybody including Lebron has to consider is Cleveland can't land Lebron a supporting cast. Cleveland has argueabley the best player in basketball and had the best record int he sport and they cant recruit guys to come play there. Cleveland as a city just isn't a draw. And as much as Danny Ferry is trying he won't be able to appease Lebron by bringing in big names.


    If Lebron was a Knick and he was making these recruiting trips i have no doubt in my mind he'd be able to get some guys to come play with him in NY for a cheaper contract.

    And whats he supposed to tell Ariza.. "Yea i want you to sign a long contract here, but i have no intentions of staying here past next season"

  4. #4
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Well we don't seem to be able to recruit anyone either so we're not in any stronger position.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    8

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by quiggle
    According to Chris Broussard from ESPN The Magazine, LeBron James told Ariza he would remain with the Cavaliers past 2010.


    Even that wasn't enough to get Ariza, who verbally committed to join the Rockets last Thursday, to change his mind and go to Cleveland.

    "Trevor asked LeBron if he would be in Cleveland after next season," the source said. "And LeBron said, 'I'll be there. Of course, I'll be there.'"
    yeah but Ariza also said he wasn't convinced LBJ would stay in cleveland thats one of the reasons why he didnt sign with them

  6. #6
    Veteran ANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,068
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    which is why the knicks need to keep their options open, and they need to target more than one possible franchise player.he could very well be serious about it

  7. #7
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    599
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I don't understand..if Lebron was serious about staying in Cleveland wouldn't he have signed an extension already? He's not going to convince anyone to go to Cleveland as long as the rumors of him leaving is still around. What would be his reasoning for waiting until his current contract expires if he planned on staying in Cleveland all along? The same question goes for Wade.

  8. #8
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    The title thread should say "More bull **** that doesn't mean much at all regarding Lebron James & the Knicks".

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    8

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    The title thread should say "More bull **** that doesn't mean much at all regarding Lebron James & the Knicks".
    exactly....

    Contradicting an earlier report, Chris Broussard writes that "sources close to the Cavaliers' superstar" said that LeBron James did not tell Trevor Ariza he would remain in Cleveland after next season.
    A source told Broussard on Monday that James, in his pitch to get Ariza to sign in Cleveland, informed Ariza that he'll play with the Cavaliers past 2010.
    "[B]ut on Tuesday, sources who spoke to James said the story told by the person close to Ariza was wrong," Broussard reports.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  10. #10
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by dave2138
    I don't understand..if Lebron was serious about staying in Cleveland wouldn't he have signed an extension already? He's not going to convince anyone to go to Cleveland as long as the rumors of him leaving is still around. What would be his reasoning for waiting until his current contract expires if he planned on staying in Cleveland all along? The same question goes for Wade.
    He's waiting for 2010 when he becomes a free agent to drive clevelands price up (which in turn will reduce his chances of adding another star & makes him greedy like most).

  11. #11
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    dont you all forget...
    larry brown said Ariza was delusional

    lol.


    it just might be the case.

  12. #12
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    599
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    He's waiting for 2010 when he becomes a free agent to drive clevelands price up (which in turn will reduce his chances of adding another star & makes him greedy like most).
    Does it really drive Cleveland's price up? Either way he gets the max contract..How often do the best players in sports reach FA and then resign with their current team? If the player really wanted to stay in 1 place I feel like they would never actually get to FA because they would sign an extension years earlier. I get the feeling all 4 - Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Stoudemire will be on different teams in 2010.

Similar Threads

  1. Forget about Lebron
    By LJ4ptplay in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Jun 08, 2009, 01:38
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: Jun 04, 2009, 23:29
  3. Cavs @ Knicks 11/25 7:30 PM ET
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: Nov 26, 2008, 20:10
  4. A GM Dumber Than Isiah: Joe Johnson a Knick?
    By New New York in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jun 30, 2008, 14:31
  5. Kobe wants to be traded
    By Trin_Starr in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: Jun 08, 2007, 21:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •