LeBron won't be a Knick, told Ariza staying with Cavs

quiggle

Starter
According to Chris Broussard from ESPN The Magazine, LeBron James told Ariza he would remain with the Cavaliers past 2010.

Even that wasn't enough to get Ariza, who verbally committed to join the Rockets last Thursday, to change his mind and go to Cleveland.

"Trevor asked LeBron if he would be in Cleveland after next season," the source said. "And LeBron said, 'I'll be there. Of course, I'll be there.'"

GetRealistic

Starter
The thing everybody including Lebron has to consider is Cleveland can't land Lebron a supporting cast. Cleveland has argueabley the best player in basketball and had the best record int he sport and they cant recruit guys to come play there. Cleveland as a city just isn't a draw. And as much as Danny Ferry is trying he won't be able to appease Lebron by bringing in big names.

If Lebron was a Knick and he was making these recruiting trips i have no doubt in my mind he'd be able to get some guys to come play with him in NY for a cheaper contract.

And whats he supposed to tell Ariza.. "Yea i want you to sign a long contract here, but i have no intentions of staying here past next season"

smokes

Huge Member
Well we don't seem to be able to recruit anyone either so we're not in any stronger position.

moneyg

Starter
According to Chris Broussard from ESPN The Magazine, LeBron James told Ariza he would remain with the Cavaliers past 2010.

Even that wasn't enough to get Ariza, who verbally committed to join the Rockets last Thursday, to change his mind and go to Cleveland.

"Trevor asked LeBron if he would be in Cleveland after next season," the source said. "And LeBron said, 'I'll be there. Of course, I'll be there.'"

yeah but Ariza also said he wasn't convinced LBJ would stay in cleveland thats one of the reasons why he didnt sign with them

ANU

Starter
which is why the knicks need to keep their options open, and they need to target more than one possible franchise player.he could very well be serious about it

dave2138

Rotation player
I don't understand..if Lebron was serious about staying in Cleveland wouldn't he have signed an extension already? He's not going to convince anyone to go to Cleveland as long as the rumors of him leaving is still around. What would be his reasoning for waiting until his current contract expires if he planned on staying in Cleveland all along? The same question goes for Wade.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The title thread should say "More bull shit that doesn't mean much at all regarding Lebron James & the Knicks".

moneyg

Starter
The title thread should say "More bull shit that doesn't mean much at all regarding Lebron James & the Knicks".
exactly....:update::update:

James_LeBron_cle.jpg
Contradicting an earlier report, Chris Broussard writes that "sources close to the Cavaliers' superstar" said that LeBron James did not tell Trevor Ariza he would remain in Cleveland after next season.
A source told Broussard on Monday that James, in his pitch to get Ariza to sign in Cleveland, informed Ariza that he'll play with the Cavaliers past 2010.
"ut on Tuesday, sources who spoke to James said the story told by the person close to Ariza was wrong," Broussard reports.
Via ESPN

Red

TYPE-A
I don't understand..if Lebron was serious about staying in Cleveland wouldn't he have signed an extension already? He's not going to convince anyone to go to Cleveland as long as the rumors of him leaving is still around. What would be his reasoning for waiting until his current contract expires if he planned on staying in Cleveland all along? The same question goes for Wade.

He's waiting for 2010 when he becomes a free agent to drive clevelands price up (which in turn will reduce his chances of adding another star & makes him greedy like most).

dave2138

Rotation player
He's waiting for 2010 when he becomes a free agent to drive clevelands price up (which in turn will reduce his chances of adding another star & makes him greedy like most).

Does it really drive Cleveland's price up? Either way he gets the max contract..How often do the best players in sports reach FA and then resign with their current team? If the player really wanted to stay in 1 place I feel like they would never actually get to FA because they would sign an extension years earlier. I get the feeling all 4 - Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Stoudemire will be on different teams in 2010.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Does it really drive Cleveland's price up? Either way he gets the max contract..How often do the best players in sports reach FA and then resign with their current team? If the player really wanted to stay in 1 place I feel like they would never actually get to FA because they would sign an extension years earlier. I get the feeling all 4 - Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Stoudemire will be on different teams in 2010.

First of all, the current team's max contract is more money than any competing team can offer. That rule was put into place to allow the current team financial leverage in order to retain their stars payer(s).
LeBron and Wade will resign with their current teams either before the start of the season or during the season. Cleveland might just wait until the end of the season so they could sign a free agent first and then resign LaBron (to get him some help).

Bosh and Stoudemire might end up on different teams but only via a trade. There is no way Toronto and Pheonix let's those type of players just walf away with nothing to show for it!!!

I've been saying it all along; LaBron, Kobe and Wade will stay put so this pipe dream the Knicks front office has about signing them is just that; a pipe dream. The Knicks need to make a move NOW! Contact Toronto about a sign and trade for Bosh with Lee as the main piece. Then the very next move the Knicks should make is to make a move for Tyson Chandler; offer either Darko or Sene plus one of the expiring contracts for him. Now The Knicks starting 5 and 4 would be Chandler and Bosh; I would sign for that right now!!! Curry off the bench.... Not a bad 3 man rotation (if Curry can stay focused and in shape).
Then the Knicks could set their sites on a guard... I think Hughes should be give a second chance to see if can be the guard he was just 2 seasons ago! But, if they have a chance to use his expiring contract to land a next tiered player, then so be it. I would contact Atlanta to see if they would be interested in a Johnson for Hughes slaray swap. I know the pot needs to be sweetened more for Atlanta but maybe an un-protected 1st rounder as well might be enough... From what is rumoured; Smith does not want to resign with Atlanta and Atlanta is not as enamoured with him as they were when they aquired him from Pheonix. Wilson Chandler is the only player I would like to see the Knicks really try to retain... I think he is on his way to becoming a Tayshaun Prince type player...

portega1968

El Cacique
as far as I know, the team that does sign Lebron in 2010 is not guaranteed to win the next 10 championships

so, I really dont give a shiiit if he stays in Cleveland.

Personally, Id rather have DWade, Joe Johnson and Tyson Chandler to accompany Danilo and Toney Douglas to the promised land.

Talk about overhyping our rookies ah!!!