View Poll Results: Who'd you prefer to keep on board?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lee

5 16.13%
  • N8

1 3.23%
  • Gallo

18 58.06%
  • Hill

2 6.45%
  • Harrington

2 6.45%
  • Chandler

3 9.68%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official David Lee Thread.

Originally Posted by paris401
    dampier/murphy/others were signed a few years ago... its a new world out there... owners are not throwing stupid $$$ at marginal players... and while i like lee/his work ethic, he is def a marginal player...
    I dont get it

Dampier plays twice as good defense than LEe and got that big contract coming off of a 12 reb per game season

Murphy like lee similar stats all on losing teams, but can hit the three.

So explain to me why if these guys make the money they made, and are equal if not better than Lee and you consider being over paid, why should we or any one else over pay LEe ?

Here's the view of Charley Rosen on Foxsports.com of the Nate and David Lee contract status. It's tough to disagree with his assessment. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by sufferingknickfan
    Here's the view of Charley Rosen on Foxsports.com of the Nate and David Lee contract status. It's tough to disagree with his assessment. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

great article, nothing more needs to be said.

Veteran

Yeah, that's a great article. Fact is any GM with a brain knows Lee is barely worth half of what he's seeking. Nobody's paying 12 million a year for a player who's good only for rebounds and layups and has no offensive game from more than 5 feet away from the basket. That's not even taking into account his pathetic defense.

no GM will offer Lee want he wants,it looks like he wants to get overpaid.
    he should settle for the mid level before it gets too late.
    with the bad economy,no team wants overpay anymore and specially with a player like David who ain't got no defense and is limited offensively.

How are we loving D Lee now?

Ambidexterity takes on a new meaning with this guy. That right handed dunk tonight looked effortless when in motion.

If he doesn't make the all-star team I will be very disappointed.

i hope he does.

Lee is starting to earn my respect, by actually standing in front of penetrating offensive players.

Gallo, because of his attitude prior to being drafted: demanding to be drafted by NY, under threat of staying in Italy, will never get my respect.

To put my feelings towards this player into perspective, I'll use Jordan Hill as an example. I didn't want Jordan Hill, but he was a humble, quiet man, prior to, and after, being drafted. The Knicks drafted him, he didn't draft himself, and hopefully he develops, over the coming years, into a great player.

Gallo, on the other hand, is a little bitch, whose feelings of entitlement disgust me. I'd rather keep Duhon than this bitch.

Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    Lee is starting to earn my respect, by actually standing in front of penetrating offensive players.

Gallo, because of his attitude prior to being drafted: demanding to be drafted by NY, under threat of staying in Italy, will never get my respect.

To put my feelings towards this player into perspective, I'll use Jordan Hill as an example. I didn't want Jordan Hill, but he was a humble, quiet man, prior to, and after, being drafted. The Knicks drafted him, he didn't draft himself, and hopefully he develops, over the coming years, into a great player.

Gallo, on the other hand, is a little bitch, whose feelings of entitlement disgust me. I'd rather keep Duhon than this bitch.

You fault a player for demanding to come to the team you are supposedly a fan of? No matter what he does you won't respect him because of that? A decision he made at the age of 20! You rather keep Duhon over Gallo because he wanted to be a Knick or stay in Europe? GTFOH!

Your emo posts based on everything but the actual game of basketball are quite nauseating. SMH
    Last edited by TR1LL10N; Jan 08, 2010 at 08:33.

As a note: if i was being drafted as a top tier pick, I also would of demanded I go to the knicks. Struggling team with lots of opportunities and money. And they're willing to spend big money on players that will improve the team. Plus it's New York City. oh and the NY city dancers... yeah... I'd have demanded NYK's just for them!

Can you find the quote where he said that? I don't remember him saying that during the draft. I remember him saying he'd like to play for NY but would consider other teams as well. NJ was committed to taking him at the 10th spot.

I don't know. Maybe he said that but it seems like you are trying to find excuses for hating him now that you've realized you were wrong about his talent.

I don't know. Maybe he said that but it seems like you are trying to find excuses for hating him now that you've realized you were wrong about his talent.
    I don't think it's that so much as an attempt to generate some animosity among Gallo fans after the little N8 spat. He's still venting.

It's standard procedure for this guy. Here's a prologue of his monotonous modus operandi:

-Start ****.

-Wait for back up from his henchman; who'll say something about Brook Lopez (20 or so months after we DIDN'T draft him..Gallo being the perfect excuse) with a garnish of copy & pastes, a collage of seminal references and a dash of low class word plays. And if we're lucky a sprinkle of online anti white protests as well!!.

-Suggest you hang yourself (or something to that extent)

-Declare either your loss or his victory.

-Repeat step one.

It's like watching a retarded dog chase it's own tail. And I only say retarded because of this statement:

Double bitched by a bitch in the name of Chris Duhon.

Flagrant 2.

From the horses mouth himself Gallo say's that he will play for any team regardless of what number he is drafted but lets it be known he is going to be drafted early rather than later.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by Simonus
    From the horses mouth himself Gallo say's that he will play for any team regardless of what number he is drafted but lets it be known he is going to be drafted early rather than later.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Good find, it's nothing new that OG and his chums make up a bunch of nonsense to back up their irrational hate/love for certain individuals, you'll get used to it.