The Official Carlos Arroyo Thread

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
Heat have won 5 of the last 6 games with him starting. He is a great ball handler and distributor, plus his defense has been great. Take a close look at how good he is defending. In addition, his Ast/To ratio is among the best in the NBA so far this season:

The actual (as of Dic/26) leading PGs in AST/TO ratio of the East:

1- Jason Williams, ORL 4.28

2- Carlos Arroyo, MIA 3.60

3- Rajon Rondo, BOS 3.49

4-Mike Bibby, ATL 3.35

5-Chris Duhon, NYK 3.33

6-Luke Ridnour, MIL 3.24

7-Willie Green, PHI 3.13

8-Jeff Teague, ATL 3.06

Knicks passed on Carlos Arroyo...this is as bad as passing on Lopez.
HAHAAAHAHAH as bad as passing on Lopez...

There's plenty of expendable 3rd string point guards in the NBA, but maybe 3 or 4 legitimate centers that can score, play defense, and control the glass.

SMFH.

This thread was already hilarious, but now it's just ridiculous.

How is he ANY more accomplished than Duhon? Because he was on better teams? He's played in 34 playoff games and guess what his averages looked like?

AST:
2002- 1.7
2004- 2.1
2006- 2.0
2008- 1.0
2009- 2.2

All culminating to a magnificent average of 1.9 assists per game. If anything, he's less accomplished because he's proven to disappear in the playoffs, considering he's averaged as high as 5.1 assists per game (not that that is even sufficient as a starter...but still..only furthering my point) during the regular season, and goes down to below 2 assists per game during the playoffs.

Some ball wizard.

Duhon and Arroyo are both scrubs.

It's actually sad that your reasoning behind signing a player who has never even had a +/ rating of over 8,(league average is 15...) even as a starter, is biased opinions, and youtube videos.

The stats all prove that he is inefficient, disappears in the playoffs, and when he plays, teams DON'T WIN. Check his stints with Miami, Denver, Toronto, Utah (3x), and Orlando (3x). SMFH again. He was traded away off the only team that won a championship in the middle of the season!!!!

Are you seeing something that I'm not?????????

metrocard

Legend
There are expendable 3rd string PG's in the NBA, unfortunately for your weak arguement, Arroyo is a NBA starter. An NBA starter of a PLAYOFF TEAM, that won 47 games, twice more than Duhon has had in his last two seasons, there is no comparison.

Arroyo ain't no star, but he definitely isn't a scrub which makes your argument weak.

and Arroyo playoff stats mean nothing since he was playing behind All Star PG with Chauncey Billups, 19 games out of the 30 or so games he played.

Arroyo is more of an intangibles guy, he doesn't play the pad his stats.

Arroyo plays turnover free basketball, creating opportunity and plays for his teammates and his rhythm with the ball makes the offense flow in sync. Miami's offense saw great improvement when they benched Alston and Chalmers, two point guards who are superior to Duhon, for Arroyo.

and its not even a question if Arroyo is established. Everyone in the NBA and the world knows he's talented and gifted, that isn't even a question(unless your a hater). Arroyo in the past was immature and hard headed, thus leading to him getting traded. But the fact remains he has a lot of skill and talent this team can use, he's a proven international star, and one of the best ball handlers in the NBA. He's a strong PG at 6"2 and 202 lbs with good midrange jumper and can use the pick and roll as good as anyone in the league. His weaknesses are his 3pt range and he's not a blazing fast PG, but not slow by any means.

Getting traded alot doesn't mean your bad at all. Business is business. You're obviously reaching here and not making any sense. Arroyo would be a nice upgrade for us, period. STOP HATING kid. Thanks.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
There are expendable 3rd string PG's in the NBA, unfortunately for your weak arguement, Arroyo is a NBA starter. An NBA starter of a PLAYOFF TEAM, that won 47 games, twice more than Duhon has had in his last two seasons, there is no comparison.

Arroyo ain't no star, but he definitely isn't a scrub which makes your argument weak.

and Arroyo playoff stats mean nothing since he was playing behind All Star PG with Chauncey Billups, 19 games out of the 30 or so games he played.

Arroyo is more of an intangibles guy, he doesn't play the pad his stats.

Arroyo plays turnover free basketball, creating opportunity and plays for his teammates and his rhythm with the ball makes the offense flow in sync. Miami's offense saw great improvement when they benched Alston and Chalmers, two point guards who are superior to Duhon, for Arroyo.

and its not even a question if Arroyo is established. Everyone in the NBA and the world knows he's talented and gifted, that isn't even a question(unless your a hater). Arroyo in the past was immature and hard headed, thus leading to him getting traded. But the fact remains he has a lot of skill and talent this team can use, he's a proven international star, and one of the best ball handlers in the NBA. He's a strong PG at 6"2 and 202 lbs with good midrange jumper and can use the pick and roll as good as anyone in the league. His weaknesses are his 3pt range and he's not a blazing fast PG, but not slow by any means.

Getting traded alot doesn't mean your bad at all. Business is business. You're obviously reaching here and not making any sense. Arroyo would be a nice upgrade for us, period. STOP HATING kid. Thanks.
I never argued against him not being an upgrade. He's an experienced veteran who has seen a lot in his NBA stints with a variety of teams. But, i guess the premise of my argument was in light of our 2010 plan to put a contender on the court.

The playoff stats i posted were relevant considering he was on the Jazz getting minutes in the playoffs...not playing behind Chauncey. But anyway, he seemingly disappears in every playoff series...no denying that as evident by his drop in stats during the playoffs. Stats dont lie...its fair to say that Arroyo is an intangibles guy, but the discrepency in stats cant be denied.

I wouldnt mind Arroyo and dont hate him a a player, but if im building a winner, i stay away from Arroyo and look for my PG elsewhere because free agency is putting out dud PGs this year.

You cant honestly think passing on Arroyo was as big a blunder as passing on Lopez...cmon man really?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
We need youth at the point. Douglas should be backing up a better/younger PG. Infatuations with a career 7 point and 3 assist per game player?

Why waste time on the internet?

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Arroyo would be a the PG off the bench. Yea he's better than Duhon, but first we need a Starting PG. Then we could look for Arroyo to backup.

Metro, the vigor with which you back up your opinion about Carlos Arroyo, for nearly a year (which i find incredibly comical), should be commended - however misguided it may be.

Arroyo is about to turn 31 which puts him on the decline for his career which was never stellar in the first place. Arroyo wouldn't be an upgrade over Toney Douglas, especially when you consider that Douglas will be getting better while Arroyo deteriorates.

Bigger mistake than not drafting Lopez?...Get your mind right

And about FIBA, it will never be as big as FIFA because millions more people play and follow soccer rather than basketball whihc means the talent pool is not as deep. So in a relational sense, compared to FIFA, no one really does care about FIBA.

metrocard

Legend
NYKnuniversity, we all want an all star PG, whether its Nash or Paul...or a potential all star like John Wall. We want a guy who we can call our superstar at the PG position, because lets face it; PG is the most important position in this system.
Look at Phoneix, they have an MVP level PG and a good young PG off the bench...they're the Western Conference Finals now.
Look at New York, they have one of the worst PG's in the league, had one of the most clown-idiot PG's in the league, and have a defensive combo guard playing PG. The difference is immense, and the results show in the record.

Arroyo to me hasn't had enough opportunities to show what he can do in the playoffs. I'm not going to base my judgement on that, and playoffs are playoffs. Shit changes over seasons.

I never argued against him not being an upgrade. He's an experienced veteran who has seen a lot in his NBA stints with a variety of teams. But, i guess the premise of my argument was in light of our 2010 plan to put a contender on the court.

I feel Arroyo is the best next best thing that isn't an all star in the FA list.

Arroyo is NOT a bench player, he proved his quality as a starter in Miami, a 47 win team who was a sub.500 team until Arroyo optimized their offense into turnover free and high percentage basketball.

Arroyo in this system would excel beyond imagination, the man is very talented and knows how to capitalize on offense. The rest of the PG's in the free agent list are elementary PG's who can score, but don't have the wizardry Arroyo posses.

Arroyo to me is a GOOD renting option, better than most. I rather wait a season or two till we draft our PG of the future, whoever that may be.

Crazy8s, riiight.

BringHoopinHome2010, what are you talking about?

Arroyo started the most games in 2010 than he did in a while, he actually got better and more mature and more skilled...and played the most unselfish I ever seen him play. Just because you get older doesn't mean you deteriorate. Thats pretty ignorant to say because everyone varies when he hit the wall and begin go down in performance in their career. Some guys it could be 31, others 38 others even 26. People vary, recognize that.

Douglas is good, but he's not a PG. He's a combo guard with great defensive skills.

I never talked about FIBA vs FIFA, please don't make up subjects to make yourself look "smart" by stating the obvious.

"No one cares" about FIBA doesn't mean anything to me.
I'm here to discuss with basketball heads, and basketball heads are into FIBA and basically any form of basketball because its an excellent sport to watch an follow. If knowledge is limited on FIBA, don't be insecure and throw at me "no one cares about it". Just admit you really don't know what you're talking about. FIBA is a huge event, and it has been getting bigger and more competitive each year, the USA takes it very seriously as well other countries.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
Arroyo is NOT a bench player, he proved his quality as a starter in Miami, a 47 win team who was a sub.500 team until Arroyo optimized their offense into turnover free and high percentage basketball.

Were you watching the Miami-Boston series at all?????? They brought in 2 washed up point guards to feed the ball to Dwayne Wade...who did EVERYTHING. Arroyo averaged 5 points and 2.2 assists as a STARTER!!! You can claim stats don't mean anything, but that's just being ignorant of your crazy gay bias. He had a 6.4 +/ rating as well...well below the league average of 15.

Let me put this in prospective for you since you obviously don't get it. Here are players with higher +/'s then Arroyo

Danilo Gallinari- 14.64
Chris Duhon- 10.64
Kris Humphries- 9.04

All players who averaged starter minutes like Arroyo, and had more minutes often to bring down their +/ rating as they played for losing teams.

Arroyo had a chance to show what he could do in the playoffs. Guess what he did at age 30? NOTHING!!! He didn't have turnovers because Dwayne Wade had the ball in his hands EVERY possession. Miami was a bunch of role players being carried by a top 5 NBA talent. Guess what that lead to? An early first round exit!!!! Arroyo got 20+ minutes and still didnt break 5 assists, or 10 points. It's obvious he's hit his ceiling as his stats steadily have declined, even when getting starter minutes on a perennial LOSING Miami Wade's. Let's put it this way; if Miami resigns Arroyo to be their starter this year, you can kiss Dwayne Wade good bye.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Were you watching the Miami-Boston series at all?????? They brought in 2 washed up point guards to feed the ball to Dwayne Wade...who did EVERYTHING. Arroyo averaged 5 points and 2.2 assists as a STARTER!!! You can claim stats don't mean anything, but that's just being ignorant of your crazy gay bias. He had a 6.4 +/ rating as well...well below the league average of 15.

Let me put this in prospective for you since you obviously don't get it. Here are players with higher +/'s then Arroyo

Danilo Gallinari- 14.64
Chris Duhon- 10.64
Kris Humphries- 9.04

All players who averaged starter minutes like Arroyo, and had more minutes often to bring down their +/ rating as they played for losing teams.

Arroyo had a chance to show what he could do in the playoffs. Guess what he did at age 30? NOTHING!!! He didn't have turnovers because Dwayne Wade had the ball in his hands EVERY possession. Miami was a bunch of role players being carried by a top 5 NBA talent. Guess what that lead to? An early first round exit!!!! Arroyo got 20+ minutes and still didnt break 5 assists, or 10 points. It's obvious he's hit his ceiling as his stats steadily have declined, even when getting starter minutes on a perennial LOSING Miami Wade's. Let's put it this way; if Miami resigns Arroyo to be their starter this year, you can kiss Dwayne Wade good bye.

Comparing 5 games to an entire regular season kills your argument.

Like I said before, its not always about stats.

If you watched the Miami Heat, their entire turn around happen when Arroyo took over.

Miami went on a 4 game losing streak at the end of Feb, they decided to change their rotation and make Arroyo the starter.

Look at the results.

In the Month of March, Arroyo continue to help the Heat, their team chemistry was at an all time high.
Team Record of 12-3
Shot 48% on 8.4 points, 1.1 turnovers and over 5 assist, 95% FT

In the Month of April, Arroyo was flawless.

Team Record of 6-1
Shot over 52% on 10 points, .7 turnovers and over 3 assist on 32 minutes of action.

started 35 games in a totally new system with new players he never played with before. Arroyo did not decline at all, he showed more maturity, poise and skills than he has ever in his career, and I would know that because I followed his career since he was 19.

Arroyo plays controlled basketball, not to pad his stats. In an offense like this, stats will come, even to a scrub like Chris Duhon.

The difference maker is ability, to run the pick and roll and not turn the ball over.

Arroyo is excellent at both of those attributes, which makes him an great canidate as a PG in the free agency market.

Even as a back up if we do obtain a higher quality and younger PG. You can't go wrong with Arroyo unless he ****ed your mother and pissed in your cherrios, which is how you sounding right now.

metrocard

Legend
Hey bitch, actually Wade is infatuated with Arroyo

Not only is Arroyo's 4.27-to-1 assist-to-turnover ratio second in the NBA -- just behind Chris Paul -- but it's the best in Heat history. Besides being a ``real good midrange shooter and gutsy player, he just doesn't make mistakes,'' Wade said. Arroyo has made a strong case to return in 2010-11 at the league minimum.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/14/1578039/tv-analysts-dont-expect-heat-to.html#ixzz0l4vSkjTb

"Carlos Arroyo is a closer. He hits big shots, he makes free throws." Wade said.

with ALL HONESTLY and objectivity, Carlos Arroyo is like Andre Miller: A solid veteran point guard that can run a team, distribute the ball, limit turnovers, hit an open jumper, and put 6-12 points on the board. Thats about as honest as one can get at this point.

metrocard

Legend
Arroyo just plays his role.
Distributing the ball, making sure the offense runs fluently and make the jumpers when teams double team wade.
When you have a superstar like Wade you don't need a point guard that competes with him.
Example #1 Jordan that had Paxson who averaged 7.2 points/ 3.6 assist and .08 TO in his career, also with Jordan Steve Kerr who averaged 6.0pts/1.8 assist/ .55 to and #2 ANOTHER superstar Koby Bryant who has had Derek Fisher as a point guard in his career. Fisher has average 9.0pts/3.2 and 1.2 TO in his career. Arroyo has average 6.9pts/3.2 ASSIST/ 1.2 TO in his career, very similar to this point guards.

When you want him to score, he can score too. Does it all the time against the most elite FIBA teams.

Whatever, I stated my facts. Can't deny them.
Im out.

metrocard

Legend
By your appearance and lack of masculinity, you should be able to answer that question.

P.S: Your history on this forum shows more than you asskissing, but also suckingthed of my rivals.

You stalk my entire life. SMH.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
By your appearance and lack of masculinity, you should be able to answer that question.

P.S: Your history on this forum shows more than you asskissing, but also suckingthed of my rivals.

You stalk my entire life. SMH.
I just enjoy giving shit to dumb ****s... pretty plain and simple.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
LOL! metro and Carlos Arroyo are countrymen which explains this entire thread. And I'm amazed metro finally went as far as even creating a thread for his idol in a NY Knicks fansite. Anyway, everyone with a brain knows Arroyo has never been a "somebody" in the NBA. Arroyo = role player. That's it. He's not a bad player. But what's up with this attention here in this forum? Very irrelevant. He's even way past his prime already, if ever he had one. What's the point?? And the Assist-to-TO ratio?? WTH. You're reaching...

metrocard

Legend
LOL! metro and Carlos Arroyo are countrymen which explains this entire thread. And I'm amazed metro finally went as far as even creating a thread for his idol in a NY Knicks fansite. Anyway, everyone with a brain knows Arroyo has never been a "somebody" in the NBA. Arroyo = role player. That's it. He's not a bad player. But what's up with this attention here in this forum? Very irrelevant. He's even way past his prime already, if ever he had one. What's the point?? And the Assist-to-TO ratio?? WTH. You're reaching...

Arroyo isn't my idol, next time make a post knowing what you're talking about.

Arroyo can be both a role player and a starter; research his history and do your own research.
It is actually relevant, because he's on the FREE AGENT MARKET.
Its already been proven in this thread that Arroyo isn't past his prime, but is in his prime years; once again READ and RESEARCH, It'll take you a long way.

Ignoring Assist to turnover ratio? Whatever helps you sleep at night...