Halladay on the market

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Roy Halladay is on the market. Would you like him as a Yankee?

Wow, dude was the leader for the cy young award before his injury in my opinion, lets try to get rid of Wang if this does happen.

It probably won't though, but damn....

CC
AJ
Joba
Andy
Roy

Beastly Pitching.

Philly/Rockies/Angels

They are the 3 most in need with the pieces to make a serious run at it.

Boston and NY are always considerations but I think all in all he will stay where he is.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Philly/Rockies/Angels

They are the 3 most in need with the pieces to make a serious run at it.

Boston and NY are always considerations but I think all in all he will stay where he is.

I hope he does stay in toronto.

We would have to probably give up good talent (joba and minor leaguers) for halladay.

By staying in toronto he will not help an NL team that may eventually face us in the world series :cool:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Roy Halladay is 32 years old. In about three years, he's going to not be as good. In about five years, he's going to be league average.

If we did somehow trade for Halladay (it'd cost us a bundle to convince the Jays to trade within the division), not only would it require us to give up some very, very valuable pieces (Joba Chamberlain, Phil Hughes, Jesus Montero our 40 HR power catcher in the minors, Austin Jackson our 5-tool AAA outfielder, etc.) but we'd have to sign Halladay to an extension once we got him. That extension would likely be for 5-6 years, and would be at 20 million dollars a year, 120 million in total. For a pitcher who's not going to be all that great in 5-6 years? I don't really think it's worth it.

And those of you worried that the Red Sox are going to get him...needn't worry, as the Red Sox hardly need starting pitching right now - and if the Red Sox wanted to get him, they'd probably have to deal their star 1B prospect Lars Anderson - and given the fact that Mike Lowell is on his way out, they'll need a 1B since Youkilis is probably going to play third.

Just let him go to some NL team like the Phillies where he'll never face us. Even if he did go to the Phillies and we faced the Phillies in the WS the rest of the Phillies' rotation sucks anyway so whatever

jpz17

Starter
The Yankees have the tools to deal.

Ian Kennedy
Ryan Pope
Zach McAllister
Francisco Cervelli

Did we give Ajack Montero Joba or Hughes in that?? NOOO!

That deal would be great for the Jays, but we get Halladay

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
The Jays aren't going to accept that deal especially with Ian Kennedy's recent aneurysm. Ryan Pope is...questionable, given his high ERA (but good peripherals). McAllister is good, but Cervelli is a backup catcher.

The Yankees have tons of pitching prospects to deal but the Jays aren't looking for pitching prospects given that they have a strong rotation already (and that's WITH half of their rotation in the DL, when McGowan, Marcum, and Litsch come back they won't need Zach McAllister).

What the Jays DO covet is the most talented hitting catcher ever to grace the major leagues since Mike Piazza. The latest news out of the rumor mill indicates that Halladay being traded is even less likely than it was before.

Don't get me wrong, I want him. But I want Jesus Montero more.

KBlack25

Starter
This story is completely and utterly overblown.

All that the Jays' GM said was, "If someone calls asking for Halladay we will listen."

He did NOT say we are going to trade him.
He did NOT say we are actively trying to trade him.
He did NOT say we are going to trade him for pennies on the dollar.

There's no way this guy winds up in NY in a Yankees uniform. Toronto will not trade him to someone else in the AL East, period. Yankees, if they were to make a play, would HAVE to give up Hughes, and that's where it starts...it'd prob. have to be something like Phil Hughes, Austin Jackson AND something else, realistically.

No way he goes to the Yankees, end of thread.

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
Yankees need to go after Holliday not Halliday. We are going to lose most of our outfield to free agency. Damon/Matsui/Nady.
A OF of Gardener/Cabrera/Swisher isn't that appealing. (Gardener and Melky only work well as a platoon.) Austin Jackson isn't ready yet.
So hopefully
Holliday/(Cabrera/Gardener)/Swisher
1. SS. Jeter
2. RF. Swisher
3. 1B. Teixeira
4. 3B. Rodriguez
5. LF. Holliday
6. 2B. Cano
7. DH. Posada
8. C. Cervelli
9. CF. Cabrera/Gardener

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
It's true that the Jays aren't actively trying to trade him. That being said if they were given a really good offer, they wouldn't hesitate to do it. For example if we offered them Jesus Montero, Austin Jackson, and Joba Chamberlain, the Jays would give us Roy Halladay in a heartbeat.

We need to go OF shopping but I'm not sold on Matt Holliday. In fact, I'm dead set against getting Matt Holliday. His home/road splits have always been questioned and he's been accused of being a terrible player outside of Coors Field. Well, take a look at his play right now. He's got a .792 OPS. For a left fielder? That's not all that spectacular. It's also a contract year for him so he should be playing BETTER but no he's playing worse than he usually does. Add on the fact that it'd probably take a Mark Teixeira-sized contract to land Holliday and there's no way I'd want him on our team. He's a good defender but he's absolutely awful on offense outside of Coors Field. Obviously if we could get him for a decent-sized amount then I'd be all for it but seeing as how we can't...

I'm more keen on trading one of our pitching prospects to a NL team with some decent outfield prospects. We have a ton of young pitchers and we can afford to part with a few of them...