Jared Jeffries for Mike James?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Marc Berman of NYPost said:
One scenario is the Knicks trading Jeffries back to Washington for guard Mike James, who's expendable following the Wizards' additions of Randy Foye and Mike Miller. The contracts of James and Jeffries match.

A rumor surfaced a few months ago that Washington were interested in bringing back Jeffries. This may sound odd to Knicks fans but it is believed that the Wiz miss Jefferies defensive abilities. Unlike the Knicks, the Wiz don't seem to be chasing 2010 as they already have three All-Star level players in Butler,Arenas and Jamison.

GetRealistic

Starter
What's the point? We are trying to cut salary not substitute it.

The point is Mike James only has one year left on his contract while JJ has two. So we would be cutting Salary for 2010 and adding a backup point guard (a decent one at that). That would mean all we have to do is trade Eddy Curry before the deadline and Walsh has successfully cleared all the cap hell Isiah made in one season.

It would definately mean Nate is gone but i'd rather lose Nate and Jefferies for Mike James who is somewhat useful then trade them for Kenny Thomas of the Kings who has no value.

This also will clear some money for David Lees signing. And hopefully we'd be able to trade Nate for some sort of asset or a draft choice.

CoolClyde

The point is Mike James only has one year left on his contract while JJ has two. So we would be cutting Salary for 2010 and adding a backup point guard (a decent one at that). That would mean all we have to do is trade Eddy Curry before the deadline and Walsh has successfully cleared all the cap hell Isiah made in one season.

It would definately mean Nate is gone but i'd rather lose Nate and Jefferies for Mike James who is somewhat useful then trade them for Kenny Thomas of the Kings who has no value.

This also will clear some money for David Lees signing. And hopefully we'd be able to trade Nate for some sort of asset or a draft choice

:agreed::agreed::agreed:
plus Duhon needs help in the backcourt;
Mike James is a good player with a high bball IQ;
can't say the same for Jefferies.

Good trade, fits 2010. Do it!

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Thing is there were rumors about the Wizards pursuing Jared Jeffries as well

I mean he WAS (no pun intended) on the team back when they were, you know, good. I assume they could use his defense and what do they really need Mike James for at this point, really?