Thread: Miller For Duhon Discussed

Trade Icon Miller For Duhon Discussed

A source close to the situation said that Chris Duhon's agent, Kevin Bradbury, "is exploring the possibility" of the Sixers signing and trading Andre Miller to the Knicks in return for Duhon.

The Sixers reportedly want more than just Duhon.

The mid-level exception is all the Knicks could offer Miller in a straight signing. But in a sign-and-trade, the team could pay Miller a bit over $7.6 million in the first contract season because of the 125% plus $100,000 rule governing trades. Duhon makes a little more than $6 million next season, his final contract year.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Now this would be pretty nice, definate upgrade at the point, but I guess it depends on the length of Miller's (new) contract.
    Last edited by smokes; Jul 11, 2009 at 08:44.

Nice PG, but what is the length of his new deal??

no please i wouldn't want this duhon plays better d and smaller contract

there is no way Duhon plays better D than Miller. There's no way the Knicks should over-do a contract for Miller or give any more than Duhon.

The Sixers roster is currently only at 9 signed players going into next year.
    Miller wants out apparently, so why should we offer them any more than just Duhon? They need the players.

It'd be nice to get Young, but it can't be done involving either Jeffries or Curry or Hughes so why would we bother sending more than just 1 man?

Straight 1 for 1 trade or no trade.

Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    there is no way Duhon plays better D than Miller. There's no way the Knicks should over-do a contract for Miller or give any more than Duhon.

The Sixers roster is currently only at 9 signed players going into next year.
    Miller wants out apparently, so why should we offer them any more than just Duhon? They need the players.

It'd be nice to get Young, but it can't be done involving either Jeffries or Curry or Hughes so why would we bother sending more than just 1 man?

Straight 1 for 1 trade or no trade.
    lol, thats exactly what i was thinkin...anyone who thinks duhorn is better then miller needs to off their on switch. Duhons defense was criminally overrated, i think hes a decent backup pg but hes not a starter. Andre Miller is a good point guard. This would be a good move for us

man i think if we get andre miller we have a big chance of makeing the playoffs he is a good defender and can make good play and he could be a good leader because i think he will be the only one in the team with some playoff experience i have been talking about him for a while and if darko works out at least a a decent center we have a nice five with good backup

andre miller/nate robison
    larry /tony douglas
    wilson /al/danilo
    lee/hill/danilo
    darko/jefferys

curry might play this year justand we will end up trade him andi hope jefferys to
    Last edited by knicksfancris; Jul 11, 2009 at 15:02.

Miller is 33, just rather have sessions. Duhon's contract ends next summer anyway so trading him should not be a priority.

Originally Posted by Rooster4Thra
    Miller is 33, just rather have sessions. Duhon's contract ends next summer anyway so trading him should not be a priority.
    Yeah what's the deal with Sessions?

Is he still available?

He's flawed for the 7.S.O with poor shooting, but he's a baller...Prefer to have a youngster than Miller & Duhon..

Someone look that up for me while I have a Cheech & Chong.