Harrington's future

Coastyn

Rookie
Man, In the midst of all of these threads I barely see anything about good ol' Al Harrington. Everyones future lineups always include Gallo, or Hill, Or Darko... But never any word on Al... Lets not forget that Harrington was our leading scorer next year. Yet, I honestly dont see him here in the future. You can't just bench a guy who scores 20 points per game. I would think that Al' is some-what a valuable trade item... Thoughts about Al's future?

moneyg

Starter
al is not goin anywhere... he is our only low post palyer..other than curry..lol.. it would be foolish to let him go. he will surely have a good role with our team:smokin:

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Agreed. Al is a good player and he's got a good relationship with Donnie. He'll be here for a minute.

yep I have to go along with that when I say that al really stepped it up last year when the offense was faltering at times he looked to shoot allot, but I felt it was because he had too, what were our scoring options really, nate, lee, duhon... those guys are like 3rd 4th options on any other team.
I feel that al is still learning how to play basketball the right way and if Mike D has faith in him, hell be a valuable piece for not just this year but for many to come.

Dirk

Benchwarmer
What age is he? I have to hand it to him, he is one of the one guys who looked like he really gave a sh*t about what he was doing consistently. But those 2 plays (the technical fouls) in seperate games where he hung off the rim costing us the games...that just shouldn't happen when you think of someone of his NBA experience. I hope our team gels quickly come the new season and Al plays a pivotal role. He needs to be a real leader now on this team and I think he has the ability to do it. I always valued him with Golden State.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Harrington will definitely start next season. The only way he remains in this team long term is if guys like gallo and chandler don't develop into all-star caliber players. Or if big time free agents don't come our way.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
What age is he? I have to hand it to him, he is one of the one guys who looked like he really gave a sh*t about what he was doing consistently. But those 2 plays (the technical fouls) in seperate games where he hung off the rim costing us the games...that just shouldn't happen when you think of someone of his NBA experience. I hope our team gels quickly come the new season and Al plays a pivotal role. He needs to be a real leader now on this team and I think he has the ability to do it. I always valued him with Golden State.

You hit it right on target with the last sentence, so did i. He is a 6th man on a championship caliber team (and im not saying GS was a championship team) And if we do hit the 2010 jackpit and assemble some serious role players, i wouldnt mind Al here as the 6th man. Besides, he grew up a Knicks fan and wants to stay here, doesn't he?

dave2138

Rotation player
He is worthless to the team since its clear the he won't resign with us next year to come off the bench. Also I think we all should hope Jordan Hill and Gallinari will be deserving of the starting PF/SF by then.

We are looking at 2010+, not 2009..yes, Harrington is our #1 scoring option for next year, but due Gallinari/Hill he has no place here in the future. Whatever they can get for him..future draft pick, or packaged off with curry/jefferies for an expiring contract is a clear no brainer.

Well, I agree with some of the posts here that Harrington is a good player, is only 29, and does seem to care. To recruit a big free agent, we can't just have a team where everyone's under 25. At this point, after seeing him last year, I would like to see him resign. On a good team, maybe he's your 3rd scoring option or a great 6th man. Time will tell but I like his game and attitude.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Al will more than likely be packaged with Cuttino Mobley to send Carlos Boozer here. we dont have much more to offer and i have a feeling that would be the deal if not Chandler included (hence the TThomas attraction). the only other deal thatd come to mind is a sign and trade or using Larry Hughes which would mroe than guarantee adding Chandler.

either way I like Harrington. I think he is a true professional who can play atleast two positions for us. Defense is suspect but can score from anywhere not a bad guy on the floor or in the lockerroom and has already admitted to wanting to take a lesser role to be on a 2010 team with LeBron

portega1968

El Cacique
Harrington's future?

hopefully not in a Knick uniform.

his plusus are cancelled by his minuses.

he's streaky... a mismatch.. but his antics, selfishness and mistake-prone efforts are not worth our money.

He's at best an awesome six man... but not a reliable starter.

if here after next season, shold be for an MLE at the most

Coastyn

Rookie
Word...I think if we put him in the mix him of a good trade that can better the team, we can get somethin very valuable from it...And I know my man portega is all about Josh Smith BAYBEE...They both make the same amount a year (10 mil) and Josh aint likin' it over in ATL much...Make somethin happen Donnie

Scribbles

Rotation player
Alan Hahn confirmed in his chat today that indeed - Al Harr IS being shopped in trade scenarios for Boozer.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Alan Hahn confirmed in his chat today that indeed - Al Harr IS being shopped in trade scenarios for Boozer.

If that's true and we get boozer for harrington, then Lee is on his way out too. Boozer and Lee are simillar with boozer being a better player at this time but injury prone and a primadonna and Lee being younger.

Coastyn

Rookie
yep...If the jazz really take Al for carlos then David will be a portland trailblazer. Lee was the man for us, i wonder if he's stil guna be that double double guy for any other team.

MY WORST FEAR IS if Lee transforms into that rookie sophomore MVP David Lee

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
yep...If the jazz really take Al for carlos then David will be a portland trailblazer. Lee was the man for us, i wonder if he's stil guna be that double double guy for any other team.

MY WORST FEAR IS if Lee transforms into that rookie sophomore MVP David Lee

Lee will be a double double guy for other team. He proved that in his second year without being a starter and almost did it in his third year when he played behind Zach. And I hope if he will transforms into that rookie sophomore MVP it will be with us. This it doesn't mean we got to break the bank for him but 8-9 mill/4-5 years it's a good deal.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I've said for months that Lee is overrated but I'm starting to think letting Lee walk is a bad idea. Trade Lee to get something in return (Not Boozer) I can see. IMO there aren't any free agents out there that can really help us get better. There was talk of a possible Lee/Jeffries trade, that I can see to clear cap. That and the fact that Jeffries is completely useless. But the more I think about it Lee is not only the teams best rebounder, he's a top rebounder in the league. Does this mean he should get 10 mill a year? Hell No, but we should meet him half way.

If we don't have some kind of strategy to get to the playoffs now don't expect anyone of supreme quality to come to NY over staying where they are.