Project Wilson Chandler's Stats + Performance

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Personally, after seeing the Gallo thread, (which is a good one) I thought I'd throw in a Chandler prognostication thread to go along with it.

Mike D said that he's gonna need a big year out of both Willy C & The Cock this year & I'm sure we all agree.

Crazy8s' Statistical Prognosis for one W Chandler (including decimals) is as follows:

PPG: 18.1
RPG: 7.6 - ORPG 3.3
APG; 4.2
SPG: 1.7
BPG: 1.4

I personally am anticipating Chandler's upcoming season to be more of an interesting one than Gallo's. The Cock's is basically a rookie season really, and getting into the flow of the NBA is still something he'll have to adjust to.

Chandler has a full season under his belt and 50 odd starts. He's got to elevate his game and although my prognosis may be a little on the generous side, I'm still anticipating a solid season.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I don't know. If he had the offseason to work on his game maybe I would expect better things from him. But he hasn't. He's been recovering from bone spur surgery and hasn't been able to work on his ball-handling and shooting. I expect the same stats this year as last year, which still isn't bad.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
I don't know. If he had the offseason to work on his game maybe I would expect better things from him. But he hasn't. He's been recovering from bone spur surgery and hasn't been able to work on his ball-handling and shooting. I expect the same stats this year as last year, which still isn't bad.

Great post!

PPG: 15.2
RPG: 6.5 - ORPG 2.1
APG; 2.9
SPG: 1.1
BPG: 1.3

see chandlers handle looks off beat, but truly he doesnt turn the ball over allot off the dribble, usually when he makes his moves its three dribbles jump shot, or three dribbles attacking the basket, he fits the system well because he gets hes not a ball handler, but in truth I believe experience and confidence was his only downfall and that will come with another year under his belt. every player improves something every season if they want to be considered upper echalon players, but truly I think chandler will improve simply by last year being a rookie season as far as experience is concerned and now he knows he has to put up because he is now the go to, no more debates whether q rich or he starts, the 3 spot is his, and defensively and offensively he will improve with the minutes and the extra looks.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Like LJ said because of his surgery and lock of summer practice i expect only a sligth improvment. Still nice anyway.

PPG:16.5
RPG:6.1
APG:2.5
SPG:0.9
BPG:1.1

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
15 Ppg
7 Rpg
2 Apg
1.5 Spg
2 Bpg
45% Fg
30% 3fg

1.5 SPG may be a reach but but not as much as 2BPG. That's a huge reach considering he only play agresive sometimes. Damn Chris Anderson averaged 2.5BPG and was second in the league on that category behind D Howard. I surely hope he does that but that's hard to envision right now.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
16.9 Ppg
6.5 Rpg
2.2 Apg
0.9 Spg
1.2 Bpg
44% Fg
34% 3pt

If he gets aggressive like a mo****er....

18.8 Ppg
7.6 Rpg
2.2 Apg
1.1 Spg
1.8 Bpg
47% Fg
36% 3pt
Reason for high 3 point percentage is if he takes smarter shots. Basically, the first is my average expectation. 2nd is Above Average.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
15 Ppg
7 Rpg
2 Apg
1.5 Spg
2 Bpg
45% Fg
30% 3fg

When I saw those numbers I knew they look familiar and then I got it.........Josh Smith

15.6PPG, 7.2RPG, 2.4APG, 1.4SPG, 1.6BPG(subpar number for him last year) 49FG%, 30%3FG

Is Chandler going to be our next year Josh Smith......... I hope so but...........

JayJ44

Starter
1.5 SPG may be a reach but but not as much as 2BPG. That's a huge reach considering he only play agresive sometimes. Damn Chris Anderson averaged 2.5BPG and was second in the league on that category behind D Howard. I surely hope he does that but that's hard to envision right now.

Yeah, it's not likely. My thinking was that in addition to the system inflating stats, the perimeter defenders on this team are poor, meaning more opportunities to block shots.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Yeah, it's not likely. My thinking was that in addition to the system inflating stats, the perimeter defenders on this team are poor, meaning more opportunities to block shots.

Yeah this system may inflate offensive numbers but not that much deffensive numbers. But I really wish you had the best prediction. I'll tip my hat to that.

Kiyaman

Legend
Lets get this right

Wilson Chandler performance last season was better than over half of the SF in the league the last two seasons. Alot of things he did on the court can not be added on his stats, playing all 82 games which actually was his rookie season b/c he sat on the bench all of his first season and watch how his talent could compliment the performance of Lee, Zach, Crawful, Marbury, and Nate.
When Chandler got the chance to get playingtime with the above players his presence and B-Ball IQ on the court made each of those players performance a bit better than they been showing for years.

It is understandable how coach Dantoni got all the credit for anything good the Knicks did last season. I just dont buy it b/c I seen how good the Knicks played without Crawful steady dribbling for 35 minutes a game 4 years ago when coach Herb Williams benched Crawful, and when coach Larry Brown started and played Marbury & Nate for 34 minutes a game with complimentary player David Lee at the SF position helping the guards & bigmen throughout the game.

Every Preseason game no matter the oposition, when Marbury, Nate, and Chandler came off the bench in the middle of the first quarter the three players took control over every game and stretched their Knick lead anytime they wanted to.

Knicks Walsh & Dantoni have the N.Y media under their control b/c everytime the media mention Wilson Chandler name about anything they always have to add Danilo Galinari.....whats wrong with that picture? Gallo do not belong in any sentence that have Wilson Chandler name in it.

When Isiah Thomas coached his last 15 Knick games of the ending season, he finally gave rookie Wilson Chandler 30 minutes of playingtime in each of those games to show that Chandler had the skill set of a 20-5-4 player that he DNP all season b/c he refuse to play Chandler alongside of the attitude cancer players that demand-playingtime and refuse to come out of the game Zach, Q.Richardson, and Crawful.

Gallo rookie season stats cant touch Wilson Chandler ending season rookie stats and performance with a 100 mile pole.....Dantoni set up play after play for Gallo, while coach Isiah did not set-up one play for Chandler with ball hogging Crawful, Zach, and Q.Richardson calling all the shots.

Last edited:

Italian Stallion

Benchwarmer

Co-sign.

He'll be back on the court shortly and will still have some time to work on his game after he gets back in decent shape. I sent him a tweet and suggested he work on his game by watching film of better players with a similar game while he was on crutches. I hope he did that.

Italian Stallion

Benchwarmer
I won't mind if he doesn't score more than 15 PPG as long as his shot selection is better and he ups he FG%. If he also improves his shot, that would make it a lot easier. I think he also needs to draw more fouls.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Chandler will average:

14 PPG
8 Reb
6 ast
2.5 steals
1.5 blks

I believe he will be a more complete player if he plays the SG position. Most SG's will be overmatched by wilson's size and quickness, so expect his defensive stats to increase if he starts at Shooting Guard.

Kiyaman

Legend
Chandler will average:

14 PPG
8 Reb
6 ast
2.5 steals
1.5 blks

I believe he will be a more complete player if he plays the SG position. Most SG's will be overmatched by wilson's size and quickness, so expect his defensive stats to increase if he starts at Shooting Guard.

Sorry! but Wilson Chandler is a natural (born) SF for the NBA.
His talent and skillz at the SF position will excell each season if he just played at the SF position.

The Knicks should've been looking for a SG after Crawful first season as a Knick.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Sorry! but Wilson Chandler is a natural (born) SF for the NBA.
His talent and skillz at the SF position will excell each season if he just played at the SF position.

The Knicks should've been looking for a SG after Crawful first season as a Knick.

Of course he is, but to me Chandler is the best player who can play SG for us. I do not want to see the 30 percent shooter (hughes) play at SG.

Until we get a true SG (wade :crossfingers: ) , I wouldn't mind having chandler there.