Thread: What is our starting lineup if no moves are made this offseason

Hybrid View

Default What is our starting lineup if no moves are made this offseason

By no moves, I mean no changes to our roster, meaning we keep Lee and Nate.

Look for better or worst Walsh is sticking to this 2010 plan and we have to come to the realization that possibly this will be the team we head into training camp with.

With that said, who is your starting five, based on talent. What I mean is, not putting Curry in the starting five simply to boost his trade value.

PG: Well no mystery here, if no moves are made Duhon wins by default. No way Nate or Toney Douglas are given the keys.

SG: I like Larry Hughes, I think that he is the best fit for the position, but Wilson Chandler -while not a true SG by no means- would get the nod from Dantoni to convince folks we have a future. But Hughes look ok at times coming to us from Chi. where he was on the bench most of the time, he should look really good being able to start the season a Knick. He and Duhon is a pretty backcourt on D.

SF:This is tough, because I am pulling for Danillo, Walsh needs for Danillo to have a great season, but the Knicks are better off starting Al Harrington here.

PF: Another no Brainer, but unlike the Duhon selection this one is based off him being the best. David Lee is the best PF The Knicks have had since LJ retired. He is arguably our best player, if (big if) we re-sign him he and Duhon are our sure shot starters.

Center:Well with Al at the SF and David at the PF, there is no mystery as to who our starting Center will be from my point of view. Look if (another big if) Eddy Curry comes into camp in the shape that his trainers are talking about gettig him into, then he is our starting Center. He and David should be a 30 pt 19 reb frontcourt....of course they will average less than a blk between the two of them and they should give up more points than any other frontcourt tandem in the league.

So lets look at what in all likelyhood will be our team.

Duhon
    Hughes
    Harrington
    Lee
    Curry

Bench
    1. Nate
    2. Wilson
    3. Danillo
    4. Hill
    5. Millic
    I tell you what, we will find out how good Dantoni is as a coach if that is our lineup, because I think a good coach could win 35 or more (especially playing in the East) with that lineup.

I must say. That bench looks pretty damn decent right there. I would like TOney Douglas to gewt a decent amount of burn however.

I would love for Douglas to crack the rotation too, but I doubt he will. Which is kinda a good thing because it will allow him to come along slowly.

yeah douglas wont crack the rotation unless he truly earns it. I could see him playing spot minutes similar to what q rich did this past season, play 35 mins one game, and then 10 the next, and then sit for a game.

Duhon
    Wilson
    Harrington
    Lee
    Milicic

Douglas
    Nate
    Hughes
    Danilo
    Curry/Hill

Realistic line-up:

PG- Duhon
    SG- Hughes
    SF- Chandler
    PF- Harrington
    C- Lee

Talent-wise, every player on the above line-up will excel best at the position I put them in. For example, even though hughes is a piece of ****, he still is a better fit at SG than any other player we have.

My dream line-up:

PG- Nate the Great
    SG- Chandler
    SF- Danilo
    PF- Harrington
    C- Lee

The DREAM line-up would give us endless energy, a lot of fast breaks and also solid defense. No more slow starts.

Originally Posted by Supermansdaddy
    Duhon
    Wilson
    Harrington
    Lee
    Milicic

Douglas
    Nate
    Hughes
    Danilo
    Curry/Hill
    Actually that is almost a complete frontcourt. I mean in theory Lee and he average 20 rebs, Darko gets about a 1.5 blocks per, Lee scores on the inside and Dantoni plans to use Darko to hit J's....Now realistically that doesnt go down that way!

I wouldnt mind Darko our starting Center if Lee was a better scorer, or Darko was a better defender.

I think w/ Eddy and David you get a frontcourt that all the way sucks on defense, but is a really compliments each other on offense (especially if David's jumper continues to improve like it has every year). As oppossed to being an less than average defensive frontcourt while being only an average (at best) frontcourt offensively with Darko and Lee. Might as well be completly good on one side of the ball!