Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sessions Will Sign Offer Sheet This Week

Default Sessions Will Sign Offer Sheet This Week

The Knicks are preparing to sign Ramon Sessions to an offer sheet using the team's mid-level exception.

Sessions is a restricted free-agent and the Bucks would have seven days to match the offer, something the Knicks now think the Bucks may not do if the team is ready to hand its point guard duties to lottery pick Brandon Jennings. Earlier the Knicks were reluctant to get involved believing the Bucks would match their offer.

Agent Chubby Wells said he hopes his client signs a four-year offer sheet with one of Sessions' suitors Tuesday or Wednesday.

"They've gotten real serious," he said of the Knicks.

If Sessions accepts New York's offer, it could affect Donnie Walsh's willingness to make a multi-year contract offer to restricted free-agent David Lee.
    Damn I hope we get him, anything to bring talented young blood to our team and we sorely need an upgrade at PG. Don't match it Milwaukee!

I was just reading this on Newsday.

Look at like this...

If the Knicks go in this direction -- and it appears they will -- the obvious will be stated: they will go into the new season against an improved Eastern Conference as the Young Guns. Sessions is 23 and, along with Toney Douglas (23) is the oldest of the young core, which will include Wilson Chandler, 22, Jordan Hill, 21, and Danilo Gallinari, 20.
    Compared to 2 years ago when we were mostly filled with a bunch of aging underachievers, we're in pretty good position.

I'd still like to be winning moreso than being young. Hopefully we won't be like the TrailBlazers.

Every year is the same thing, they're young and they're the future. Yea well, people were saying that 4 years ago and they still ain't make the Playoffs.

Well they do make the playoffs ok not past first round but at least they are getting there in the west also.

Sessions in means N8 out, and if Lee doesn't smart up- his a$$ is out too. O'well... so goes the story when we got a real GM in Donnie (from da Bronx). Finally someone who at the least won't waste money on limited players without a plan. Thanks Donnie (**smiles) so long N8 and possibly Lee.!.

I wonder if Duhon will be traded now?

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    I wonder if Duhon will be traded now?
    One can only dream!

We better put Mobley's contract to good use and not let it go to Waste MGMT.

Would you trade Sessions for Rubio in a deal now?

That is going to be the New Rumor , I bet .

Originally Posted by Scribbles
    We better put Mobley's contract to good use and not let it go to Waste MGMT.
    Agreed. That's our most valuable trading piece. I hope we can use it to get rid of Curry.

It's pretty sad when our most valuable trading piece is a player that has retired because of heart conditions.

Originally Posted by richtree
    Would you trade Sessions for Rubio in a deal now?

That is going to be the New Rumor , I bet .
    No chance. We're going after Sessions because we have no chance at getting Rubio.

Let's hope UTAH wants that Mobely contract. If we get Sessions & Boozer.... WOW!

No chance. We're going after Sessions because we have no chance at getting Rubio.[/quote]

If we have Sessions to trade I think they would listen

Originally Posted by richtree
    If we have Sessions to trade I think they would listen
    What would be the point of Minny trading Rubio for another PG? The reason they would trade him in the first place is because they have a logjam at PG with Rubio and Flynn. I would imagine they want a wing player.

NY Post says Knicks will sign Ramon Sessions (4 yr for 26 million) and ESPN 1050 Marchand says MIL will NOT match.

Folks, we are on the verge of having this nucleus for the near future:

Sessions (PG)
    Chandler (SG)

Gallineri (PF)
    Darko (C)

Bench: Douglas, Hill

(all YOUNG with potential)

This will attract 'you-know-who' next year. Especially if we convince Lee to take the money Walsh is offering!

Superstar

Default Minnesota and Point Guards

With the trade of Telfair for QRich, and excluding Rubio at least for the moment,I do not beieve that Minnesota has a point guard other than Flynn.

I have given up on Rubio and had hoped that he sign with Minnesota which might then free up Flynn. But Flynn has looked very good. Perhaps that makes Rubio less important to Minnesota, but they still need another point guard.

In any event, I do not see us getting either of Flynn or Rubio and if we offer Sessions a five year mid-level, I think Milwaukee will match. Nonethelesss, we need another point guard. I do not think Duhon and Douglas will be enough and Walsh does not appear anxious to keep Nate. I hope we keep him. I know he is immature, but that can change with time.

Can a possible starting lineup of...

PG-Sessions
    SG-Chandler
    SF-Gallo
    PF-Lee
    C-Milicic

...be any good? Or is this the worst lineup in the NBA?

All signs point to this being an awful lineup. But, if the stars align just right, is it possible for this to be a pretty good team in D'Antoni's system?? It would take:

1.) Sessions drastically improving his 3-point shooting
    2.) Chandler to improve his shooting and ball handling
    3.) Gallo staying healthy
    4.) Milicic actually becoming the player people thought he could become (e.g. the player that showed up in the 2006 FIBA World Championship)