Sessions Will Sign Offer Sheet This Week

smokes

Huge Member
The Knicks are preparing to sign Ramon Sessions to an offer sheet using the team's mid-level exception.

Sessions is a restricted free-agent and the Bucks would have seven days to match the offer, something the Knicks now think the Bucks may not do if the team is ready to hand its point guard duties to lottery pick Brandon Jennings. Earlier the Knicks were reluctant to get involved believing the Bucks would match their offer.

Agent Chubby Wells said he hopes his client signs a four-year offer sheet with one of Sessions' suitors Tuesday or Wednesday.

"They've gotten real serious," he said of the Knicks.

If Sessions accepts New York's offer, it could affect Donnie Walsh's willingness to make a multi-year contract offer to restricted free-agent David Lee.

Damn I hope we get him, anything to bring talented young blood to our team and we sorely need an upgrade at PG. Don't match it Milwaukee!

Scribbles

Rotation player
I was just reading this on Newsday.

Look at like this...

If the Knicks go in this direction -- and it appears they will -- the obvious will be stated: they will go into the new season against an improved Eastern Conference as the Young Guns. Sessions is 23 and, along with Toney Douglas (23) is the oldest of the young core, which will include Wilson Chandler, 22, Jordan Hill, 21, and Danilo Gallinari, 20.

Compared to 2 years ago when we were mostly filled with a bunch of aging underachievers, we're in pretty good position.

I'd still like to be winning moreso than being young. Hopefully we won't be like the TrailBlazers.

Every year is the same thing, they're young and they're the future. Yea well, people were saying that 4 years ago and they still ain't make the Playoffs.

smokes

Huge Member
Well they do make the playoffs ok not past first round but at least they are getting there in the west also.

Red

TYPE-A
Sessions in means N8 out, and if Lee doesn't smart up- his a$$ is out too. O'well... so goes the story when we got a real GM in Donnie (from da Bronx). Finally someone who at the least won't waste money on limited players without a plan. Thanks Donnie (**smiles) so long N8 and possibly Lee.!.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
We better put Mobley's contract to good use and not let it go to Waste MGMT.

Agreed. That's our most valuable trading piece. I hope we can use it to get rid of Curry.

It's pretty sad when our most valuable trading piece is a player that has retired because of heart conditions.

Would you trade Sessions for Rubio in a deal now?

That is going to be the New Rumor , I bet .

No chance. We're going after Sessions because we have no chance at getting Rubio.

richtree

Rotation player
No chance. We're going after Sessions because we have no chance at getting Rubio.[/quote]

If we have Sessions to trade I think they would listen

JayJ44

Starter
If we have Sessions to trade I think they would listen

What would be the point of Minny trading Rubio for another PG? The reason they would trade him in the first place is because they have a logjam at PG with Rubio and Flynn. I would imagine they want a wing player.

mafra

Legend
NY Post says Knicks will sign Ramon Sessions (4 yr for 26 million) and ESPN 1050 Marchand says MIL will NOT match.

Folks, we are on the verge of having this nucleus for the near future:

Sessions (PG)
Chandler (SG)

Gallineri (PF)
Darko (C)

Bench: Douglas, Hill

(all YOUNG with potential)

This will attract 'you-know-who' next year. Especially if we convince Lee to take the money Walsh is offering!

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Minnesota and Point Guards

With the trade of Telfair for QRich, and excluding Rubio at least for the moment,I do not beieve that Minnesota has a point guard other than Flynn.

I have given up on Rubio and had hoped that he sign with Minnesota which might then free up Flynn. But Flynn has looked very good. Perhaps that makes Rubio less important to Minnesota, but they still need another point guard.

In any event, I do not see us getting either of Flynn or Rubio and if we offer Sessions a five year mid-level, I think Milwaukee will match. Nonethelesss, we need another point guard. I do not think Duhon and Douglas will be enough and Walsh does not appear anxious to keep Nate. I hope we keep him. I know he is immature, but that can change with time.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Can a possible starting lineup of...

PG-Sessions
SG-Chandler
SF-Gallo
PF-Lee
C-Milicic

...be any good? Or is this the worst lineup in the NBA?

All signs point to this being an awful lineup. But, if the stars align just right, is it possible for this to be a pretty good team in D'Antoni's system?? It would take:

1.) Sessions drastically improving his 3-point shooting
2.) Chandler to improve his shooting and ball handling
3.) Gallo staying healthy
4.) Milicic actually becoming the player people thought he could become (e.g. the player that showed up in the 2006 FIBA World Championship)

mafra

Legend
Can a possible starting lineup of...

PG-Sessions
SG-Chandler
SF-Gallo
PF-Lee
C-Milicic

...be any good? Or is this the worst lineup in the NBA?

All signs point to this being an awful lineup. But, if the stars align just right, is it possible for this to be a pretty good team in D'Antoni's system?? It would take:

1.) Sessions drastically improving his 3-point shooting
2.) Chandler to improve his shooting and ball handling
3.) Gallo staying healthy
4.) Milicic actually becoming the player people thought he could become (e.g. the player that showed up in the 2006 FIBA World Championship)

Well, if you toss in the bench: Harrington, Curry, Hughes, Hill, Douglas & Jeffries.... I think we have a nice 10-man rotation.

I would suspect a starting lineup like:

Sessions
Hughes
Chandler
Gallo
Lee

Harrington would be the 6th man. Darko & Curry would be used depending on match-ups, game plan and style of play. Curry when we want beef and half court sets, and Darko when we want to move the ball and play pick-n-roll.

Douglas & Hill will get their minutes, here and there, depending on how they're playing. They should bring energy.

Jeffries, if he stays, would also be used for defense and when our bigs are in foul trouble.

We would have SESSIONS to run the show, with Hughes & Gallo as outside, deep-3 threats. Chandler would be the slasher, and Lee would work the pick-n-roll....

In this system this starting lineup would be two things:

1- A very good offensive, explosive team in D'ant's system. Lots of points.
2- Young, with tons of potential.

YES, on paper this lineup doesn't scare most teams. BUT, what cannot be accounted for- how will Wilson and Danilo mature and grow this year? Does Chanlder take the next step, make the leap to a very good player? Does Gallo step in and prove how lethal he might be one day? This is all that matters, really.... right?

Going to be tough to defend though.... that's for sure.

Kiyaman

Legend
Sessions in means N8 out, and if Lee doesn't smart up- his a$$ is out too. O'well... so goes the story when we got a real GM in Donnie (from da Bronx). Finally someone who at the least won't waste money on limited players without a plan. Thanks Donnie (**smiles) so long N8 and possibly Lee.!.

Back to a 23 win season team.
But dont worry, we will be a 30 win season team in 2010-11.

dpryde

Benchwarmer
Well, if you toss in the bench: Harrington, Curry, Hughes, Hill, Douglas & Jeffries.... I think we have a nice 10-man rotation.

I would suspect a starting lineup like:

Sessions
Hughes
Chandler
Gallo
Lee

Harrington would be the 6th man. Darko & Curry would be used depending on match-ups, game plan and style of play. Curry when we want beef and half court sets, and Darko when we want to move the ball and play pick-n-roll.

Douglas & Hill will get their minutes, here and there, depending on how they're playing. They should bring energy.

Jeffries, if he stays, would also be used for defense and when our bigs are in foul trouble.

We would have SESSIONS to run the show, with Hughes & Gallo as outside, deep-3 threats. Chandler would be the slasher, and Lee would work the pick-n-roll....

In this system this starting lineup would be two things:

1- A very good offensive, explosive team in D'ant's system. Lots of points.
2- Young, with tons of potential.

YES, on paper this lineup doesn't scare most teams. BUT, what cannot be accounted for- how will Wilson and Danilo mature and grow this year? Does Chanlder take the next step, make the leap to a very good player? Does Gallo step in and prove how lethal he might be one day? This is all that matters, really.... right?

Going to be tough to defend though.... that's for sure.

definetely a good question, if our young guys dont mature and grow into much better players that lineup could very well be one of the worst in the league (assuming nate and dlee arent there)

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks were 3-1 vs the Bucks last season.
The only reason why the Bucks did get win 1 over Duhon & Nate was b/c Dantoni gave Larry Hughes over 30 minutes of playingtime in that game...

JayJ44

Starter
The Knicks were 3-1 vs the Bucks last season.
The only reason why the Bucks did get win 1 over Duhon & Nate was b/c Dantoni gave Larry Hughes over 30 minutes of playingtime in that game...

No, we were 1-3. We only won one game against them.