Four Year 26 million dollar offer to Sessions

New New York

Quiet Storm
http://www.brewhoop.com/2009/7/21/956741/knicks-offering-sessions-four

Ok, so what this means is Duhon will be our backup PG. There is no way the Bucks can trade Sessions until Dec. 15 if they match the offer, meaning a trade for Duhon is dead. The only thing Mil. can do now is match the offer.

Some factors in our favor

Matching a four year deal for a PG when you already have your PG of the future is foolish.

Per this article Mil. has not shown a lot of interest in re-signing him because of Jennings. Plus they do have Luke Ridnour to backup (or start in front of) Jennings.

matching this deal puts them in luxary tax territory, and they are not exactly leading the league in ticket sales and merchandise.

Not to mention the loss of Charlie V and Richard Jefferson means they are likely not in the hunt for the playoffs. Meaning they will be paying a luxuary tax on a low market, losing squad (gotta love Dolan's money at a time like this!)

Walsh has good reason to sign and not offer a trade, we will see in seven days what the verdict will be on this decsion.

tiger0330

Legend
I hope we get him, young up and coming PG with a reasonable contract. If the Bucks are in win mode, they will match, no way you leave the PG position in the hands of a teenager. Lets hope they're in tank mode and just want to stay under the cap and reduce salary.

tiger0330

Legend
http://www.brewhoop.com/2009/7/21/956741/knicks-offering-sessions-four

Ok, so what this means is Duhon will be our backup PG. There is no way the Bucks can trade Sessions until Dec. 15 if they match the offer, meaning a trade for Duhon is dead. The only thing Mil. can do now is match the offer.

Some factors in our favor

Matching a four year deal for a PG when you already have your PG of the future is foolish.

Per this article Mil. has not shown a lot of interest in re-signing him because of Jennings. Plus they do have Luke Ridnour to backup (or start in front of) Jennings.

matching this deal puts them in luxary tax territory, and they are not exactly leading the league in ticket sales and merchandise.

Not to mention the loss of Charlie V and Richard Jefferson means they are likely not in the hunt for the playoffs. Meaning they will be paying a luxuary tax on a low market, losing squad (gotta love Dolan's money at a time like this!)

Walsh has good reason to sign and not offer a trade, we will see in seven days what the verdict will be on this decsion.
Just read the article, it states.

Still, the Bucks have the cap flexibility to both re-sign Sessions at the MLE and stay under the tax, so that shouldn't be the issue. Hey, Larry Harris can't be blamed for everything.

The cap won't be a reason not to sign him.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Just read the article, it states.

Still, the Bucks have the cap flexibility to both re-sign Sessions at the MLE and stay under the tax, so that shouldn't be the issue. Hey, Larry Harris can't be blamed for everything.

The cap won't be a reason not to sign him.

I think that's not true. New New York is right.

The luxury tax for 2009-2010 is set at 69.92mill. As of right now the Bucks payroll is 63.6mill(acording to ESPN) or 62.5mill(acording to HoopsHype) and they still have to sign their top pick Brandon Jennings(that is another 1.8mill) which will bring them to around 64.5-65mill. If they match the MLE (5.8mill)for Session they will go over the luxury tax(about 1mill).
Another thing, the Bucks right now have 14 signed players not including Jennings(wich they will sign) and Session. Unless they get rid of one of their contracts they can't sign both.

So I think Session will be gone if another team offer him the MLE for like 4-5 years.

Scribbles

Rotation player
How hilarious would it be if Duhon was traded to MIL. He'll be teaming up with the same rookie who put him on blast. :teeth:

so I guess nate is a goner.

we cant have t doug, r sess, c du, and n8 on the same team, not enough minutes, balls, court, tp lines, lockers, and coaches to manage 4 guys who all need the rock in their hands to be effective. If we sign sess and keep nate we will be asking for trouble.

Blas

Benchwarmer
I do not think Nate is a goner... yet

Nate is still one of the best 6th men in the NBA. We know what he is capable/incapable of.

Douglas is still unproven and needs to develop.

Sessions with Nate off the bench can be a future, if Nate realizes he is only worth 6th man money.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I do not think Nate is a goner... yet

Nate is still one of the best 6th men in the NBA. We know what he is capable/incapable of.

Douglas is still unproven and needs to develop.

Sessions with Nate off the bench can be a future, if Nate realizes he is only worth 6th man money.

Co-sign. I don't think nate will be gone either. Out of all the young guards we have/will have, nate has the best talent.

If sessions does become a knick, duhon is the one that will most likely have to pack his bags. They both play that "pure PG" position. We also won't need duhon as a back-up because nate and douglas could take care of that role.

nyk_nyk

All Star
There hasn't even been a formal offer yet. This thread is misleading.

This thread should be tiltled "IF the Knicks give four Year 26 million dollar offer to Sessions"