Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nate Coming Back

Default Nate Coming Back

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] is close to signing a one-year, $5 million contract with the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], a source with knowledge of the talks said Saturday. The deal is expected to be finalized early this week.
    Robinson, a restricted free agent, was courted by Greek team Olympiakos. He averaged a career-best 17.2 points and 4.1 assists in 74 games with the Knicks last season. New York, which nearly traded Robinson to Sacramento midway through the season, is trying to preserve as much salary-cap room as possible for the 2010 free-agent class
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

That's a good move. Allows us to keep Nate for another year, and possibly resign him in 2010.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Hit the brakes on the Nate/signing story. I'm hearing nothing is immiment.

Too much money...

Nate is to the Knicks what Leon Washington is to the Jets.

Big time spark plug and a guy who can shift a game within a matter of minutes.

When Nate Rob gets it going, he can be deadly. He just can't be holding onto the ball for so damn long - that's his only guilt.

He's not a spread ball player, can we stop trying to mold him into one and play to his strengths....

Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Too much money...
    Too much money? For a 1 year deal? The ROI is great for this number considering his fan base.

Very good move for Nate and our Knicks if this is true. Nate is deadly when he gets it going, my only concern are his antics on the court that make him childish at times. But his play when he's on is incredible and I'm surprise a contending team didn't take him off our hands. I felt the Lakers, Rockets, or even the Jazz could of use his offensive explosion off the bench. I'll be very happy to see Nate back but he has to mature alot and stop all the dancing before, during, and after games.

Too much money...
    Do you even know how much Jared Jeffries and Eddy Curry get paid ?

Nate Robinson is most likely the best player on the Knicks Roster right now.

Originally Posted by AlboKnickFan
    Do you even know how much Jared Jeffries and Eddy Curry get paid ?

Nate Robinson is most likely the best player on the Knicks Roster right now.

Did I say Jeffries or Curry were worth their salary?

A one dimensional, no defense, shoot first, low % shooter is not our best player.

Superstar

I think the reason our team is trash is because we take things like ROI fan base into consideration. We don't sign players no one knows about who actually may help the team more. Hopefully this changes.

Being in the IT industry (and this is some major nerd ish here), one thing i love about the Dallas Mavericks is that they were one of the first teams to bring Data Mining to how they sign/trade players. Even to this day their team is built probably the most scientifically of most teams in the NBA because it is done from analysis of Querying all the data of a player against things like effectiveness with another player, effectiveness in certain play, etc. It takes out the element of having a "feeling". Maybe they don't win but they at least get close.

Originally Posted by clumsy
    I think the reason our team is trash is because we take things like ROI fan base into consideration. We don't sign players no one knows about who actually may help the team more. Hopefully this changes.

Being in the IT industry (and this is some major nerd ish here), one thing i love about the Dallas Mavericks is that they were one of the first teams to bring Data Mining to how they sign/trade players. Even to this day their team is built probably the most scientifically of most teams in the NBA because it is done from analysis of Querying all the data of a player against things like effectiveness with another player, effectiveness in certain play, etc. It takes out the element of having a "feeling". Maybe they don't win but they at least get close.
    I feel u on this, but this 5 million for 1 year makes sense financially for the Knicks because he will put asses on their seats and also can produce for the team itself. He is a baller and @ that price we are getting excellent value for his production.

Take a look @ Curry"s ROI, and Jefferies, and all the past scrubs we over paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 year for 5 MIL is pretty good, considering it is his first year putting up above average stats.

If he puts up similar numbers and we sneak into the play-offs this up-coming year, Nate will be asking for 8 to 10 MIL a year. There's no question.

Veteran

Good deal for the Knicks but I'm sure Nate wanted a longer deal. Walsh is the opposite of that waste of space Isiah, he's cheaper than a tightwad with the teams money.

Anything higher then the qualifying offer is too much.

walsh knows whats up, nate one of the best guards in the league

with only a 1 yr contract u know he'll put up stats next year to ensure a better contract come 2010

im glad sessions and miller is off, can u imagine how boring the games would be...they'd have to play that much harder and even 30 wins would be overachievin

Anything higher then the qualifying offer is too much.
    Nah 5 mil is ok for a year, not gonna put a dent in anything. Nate might not be perfect or the best player on our team but he's a good player, was in contention for 6th man of the year award, probably top 3 player on this team.