Thread: Phillies getting Halladay?

Hybrid View

Default Phillies getting Halladay?

annoucement within 24 hours
    -per a lot of twitters
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

**** the Phillies.

Philadelphia is the worst sport city in America...

Thank the Lord!!! As long as he doesn't come to the Yankees, I'm happy. We would have lost much talent. Phillies are going to give up a lot for halladay.

the mets better blow that team up if they do.forget about it.phil win it this year, and maybe next year.the yanks will end up with him next year anyway so it doesn't matter.

Originally Posted by ANU
    the mets better blow that team up if they do.forget about it.phil win it this year, and maybe next year.the yanks will end up with him next year anyway so it doesn't matter.
    Mets should have blown there team up after last season... Minaya is a ****ing retard..

Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    **** the Phillies.

Philadelphia is the worst sport city in America...
    Absolutely right my friend..

It's back again.
    3-team deal: Phillies get Halladay, Seattle likely to get Cliff Lee, Toronto probably massive amounts of prospects.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Lackey might be going to Boston...
    Halladay might now be a Philly...

Yankees need to do something with out pitching, I got a feeling that CC-Andy-AJ-Joba won't win us a second ring.

And Mets better get Jason Bay and Bengie Molina. As much as I am a Yankee fan, I don't want to see Philly dominate them this year.

Originally Posted by StreetDreams21
    Lackey might be going to Boston...
    Halladay might now be a Philly...

Yankees need to do something with out pitching, I got a feeling that CC-Andy-AJ-Joba won't win us a second ring.

And Mets better get Jason Bay and Bengie Molina. As much as I am a Yankee fan, I don't want to see Philly dominate them this year.
    Bengie Molina is **** but he's the only option available. If he gets signed for anything over 2yrs i'll be pissed.

Personally, I'd perfer Bay over Holliday because he's cheaper, and his swing fits Citi Field better.

If all the details of the Halladay deal turn out to be true, it's really a lateral move for Philly. They're giving up Lee, who is younger and less injury prone, and dominated the NL last season. Some reports say they're giving up Dominic Brown, their top prospect, and on top of all this they have to lock up Halladay long term, tying their hands financially for years. From a Mets fan's perspective, it could be worse.

Originally Posted by GoKnIcKsDLEE42
    Bengie Molina is **** but he's the only option available. If he gets signed for anything over 2yrs i'll be pissed.

Personally, I'd perfer Bay over Holliday because he's cheaper, and his swing fits Citi Field better.

If all the details of the Halladay deal turn out to be true, it's really a lateral move for Philly. They're giving up Lee, who is younger and less injury prone, and dominated the NL last season. Some reports say they're giving up Dominic Brown, their top prospect, and on top of all this they have to lock up Halladay long term, tying their hands financially for years. From a Mets fan's perspective, it could be worse.
    Exactly, and what do the Mets have at Catcher?

The Mets could be a wildcard team next year if they stay healthy...
    Reyes
    Castillo
    Wright
    Beltran
    Bay
    Murphy
    Francouer
    Molina

That sounds like an 85 win team or so. (idk the exact lineup)

I dont really know the Mets pitchers besides Johan and Maine.

And if the Phillies trade both Lee and Happ, you can breathe a sigh of relief. Trading 2 great guys...I hope Happ is included in that trade

Originally Posted by StreetDreams21
    Exactly, and what do the Mets have at Catcher?

The Mets could be a wildcard team next year if they stay healthy...
    Reyes
    Castillo
    Wright
    Beltran
    Bay
    Murphy
    Francouer
    Molina

That sounds like an 85 win team or so. (idk the exact lineup)

I dont really know the Mets pitchers besides Johan and Maine.

And if the Phillies trade both Lee and Happ, you can breathe a sigh of relief. Trading 2 great guys...I hope Happ is included in that trade
    That's still a sad, sad bottom of the lineup (Fancouer, Murphy, Molina). Francouer is not as good as he played in the 2nd half of the season with the Mets. Look for him to hit about .250-.275. Murphy's approach changed mid-season last year from conservative, walk-first, to attack. His average climbed because of this but his OBP didn't see the same increase. Molina..meh. Look for 5-10 homers from a 35 year old starting catcher.

The rotation as-is looks like:
    Johan
    Pelfrey
    Maine
    Perez
    Niese

They needed one of Lackey/Halladay badly for that spark after Santana's spot in the rotation. Now what's left is Chapman (Cuban kid), Marquis, Piniero, Sheets, etc. And Sheets is asking for $10MM per.
    Last edited by GoKnIcKsDLEE42; Dec 14, 2009 at 16:39.

the mets could have had halladay for reyes and change? are you ****ing kidding me? omar should punch himself in the face.fire his ass.with johan and halladay, maybe holiday or bay, you're in the championship conversation.what an idiot.