Nate Coming Back

JayJ44

Starter
Nate Robinson(notes) is close to signing a one-year, $5 million contract with the New York Knicks, a source with knowledge of the talks said Saturday. The deal is expected to be finalized early this week.
Robinson, a restricted free agent, was courted by Greek team Olympiakos. He averaged a career-best 17.2 points and 4.1 assists in 74 games with the Knicks last season. New York, which nearly traded Robinson to Sacramento midway through the season, is trying to preserve as much salary-cap room as possible for the 2010 free-agent class
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-freeagentbuzz072509&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

That's a good move. Allows us to keep Nate for another year, and possibly resign him in 2010.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Nate is to the Knicks what Leon Washington is to the Jets.

Big time spark plug and a guy who can shift a game within a matter of minutes.

When Nate Rob gets it going, he can be deadly. He just can't be holding onto the ball for so damn long - that's his only guilt.

He's not a spread ball player, can we stop trying to mold him into one and play to his strengths....

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Very good move for Nate and our Knicks if this is true. Nate is deadly when he gets it going, my only concern are his antics on the court that make him childish at times. But his play when he's on is incredible and I'm surprise a contending team didn't take him off our hands. I felt the Lakers, Rockets, or even the Jazz could of use his offensive explosion off the bench. I'll be very happy to see Nate back but he has to mature alot and stop all the dancing before, during, and after games.

TunerAddict

Starter
Do you even know how much Jared Jeffries and Eddy Curry get paid ?

Nate Robinson is most likely the best player on the Knicks Roster right now.

:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

Did I say Jeffries or Curry were worth their salary?

A one dimensional, no defense, shoot first, low % shooter is not our best player.

clumsy

Rotation player
I think the reason our team is trash is because we take things like ROI fan base into consideration. We don't sign players no one knows about who actually may help the team more. Hopefully this changes.

Being in the IT industry (and this is some major nerd ish here), one thing i love about the Dallas Mavericks is that they were one of the first teams to bring Data Mining to how they sign/trade players. Even to this day their team is built probably the most scientifically of most teams in the NBA because it is done from analysis of Querying all the data of a player against things like effectiveness with another player, effectiveness in certain play, etc. It takes out the element of having a "feeling". Maybe they don't win but they at least get close.

dre48ny

Rotation player
I think the reason our team is trash is because we take things like ROI fan base into consideration. We don't sign players no one knows about who actually may help the team more. Hopefully this changes.

Being in the IT industry (and this is some major nerd ish here), one thing i love about the Dallas Mavericks is that they were one of the first teams to bring Data Mining to how they sign/trade players. Even to this day their team is built probably the most scientifically of most teams in the NBA because it is done from analysis of Querying all the data of a player against things like effectiveness with another player, effectiveness in certain play, etc. It takes out the element of having a "feeling". Maybe they don't win but they at least get close.

I feel u on this, but this 5 million for 1 year makes sense financially for the Knicks because he will put asses on their seats and also can produce for the team itself. He is a baller and @ that price we are getting excellent value for his production.

Take a look @ Curry"s ROI, and Jefferies, and all the past scrubs we over paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
1 year for 5 MIL is pretty good, considering it is his first year putting up above average stats.

If he puts up similar numbers and we sneak into the play-offs this up-coming year, Nate will be asking for 8 to 10 MIL a year. There's no question.

tiger0330

Legend
Good deal for the Knicks but I'm sure Nate wanted a longer deal. Walsh is the opposite of that waste of space Isiah, he's cheaper than a tightwad with the teams money.

the portable man

Benchwarmer
walsh knows whats up, nate one of the best guards in the league

with only a 1 yr contract u know he'll put up stats next year to ensure a better contract come 2010

im glad sessions and miller is off, can u imagine how boring the games would be...they'd have to play that much harder and even 30 wins would be overachievin

smokes

Huge Member
Anything higher then the qualifying offer is too much.

Nah 5 mil is ok for a year, not gonna put a dent in anything. Nate might not be perfect or the best player on our team but he's a good player, was in contention for 6th man of the year award, probably top 3 player on this team.

Kiyaman

Legend
This have to be the best move the Knicks made this offseason.....was to resign Nate the Great Robinson however, Chicago and its Fans did not want to resign Ben Gordon to a decent contract last year.
And the funny thang is all the Bulls coaches & Fans wanted Ben Gordon to take all the important shots in every game last season.

Our "Nate the Great" show....with all his prancing, dancing, joking, and happy attitude has to be our best player on the roster when season after season we watched how his energy off the bench automatically takes control of the game to bring the best out of his teammates (another Sprewell).
The only time I liked Gallo on the court was when Nate was out there with him.
Nate is dangerous when he have two peremeter-shooters and a put-back rebounder on the court with him.
Nate will be an "unrestricted FA" next offseason following in the same foot steps as unrestricted Ben Gordon.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Hold on. Nothing has been offered yet. I guess Donnie still can't make up his mind.

Doubt Still Surrounds Nate's One-Year Deal With Knicks

Team officials squashed reports of a one-year deal between Nate Robinson and the Knicks on Monday.

There had been reports over the weekend that New York was close to a one-year contract worth between $5 and $6 million with the restricted free-agent guard.

An official told The New York Post that such a deal could eventually be agreed upon, but nothing is imminent.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...ll_surrounds_nates_one_year_deal_with_knicks/

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I agree that $5m is reasonable. I'm sure N8 would be foolish to disagree given the times.

As far as him having somewhere to raise his stock prior to free agency, NY is still the best place for him.

Also, with 1 year, his trade-ability is still available to us before we'd potentially lose him.

If it does actually go through, it's a good move for us for sure.