Knicks might be interested in Bender?

Pricey

Rotation player
Cant say i know much about him, is this a good person to pick up if injury free?
Also are they saying we would be interested as the connection with Donnie or would be really be interested?

Jonathan Bender is plotting an NBA comeback after a injury-forced retirement.
Bender left the Pacers midway through the 2005-06 season because of persistent knee troubles that limited him to just 237 games in seven NBA seasons.
"My potential is still enormous and I can still do a lot for a team," Bender told ESPN.com. "If it happens, then everything flows. And if it doesn't, at least I tried."
Bender said he was encouraged by cousin Morris Peterson of the New Orleans Hornets and various friends to make a comeback.
"I didn't want the windows to close on me," Bender said. "I wanted the opportunity to fight off the demons inside my head ... I read these articles that say, 'He's the top bust' or 'He's one of the guys who didn't live up to their potential.' I don't want to be 38 or 40 looking back thinking, 'I should've done this.'"
Donnie Walsh and the Knicks would likely be interested in signing Bender.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
This article is bullshit. Gender bender is a dud as well. I seem to remember him having a purple patch of 30 and even 40 point games consecutively and then wilting like the flower he is b4 forced retirement.

nyk_nyk

All Star
If he were tearing shit up before he was forced to stop playing then i'd say yeah let's take a chance but I don't remember him being that guy. On second thought, If he wants to play for a non-guaranteed minimum contract then eh whatever. Lets keep adding on to the gang of forwards we already have.

How bout Rik Smits? 1 year deal? You're right, it's getting silly. I understand wanting to save cap space but you're still supposed to try to build a team, right? Just signing vets for 1 year is assembling a team to put on the floor, it's not "building" a team.

Paul1355

All Star
Cant say i know much about him, is this a good person to pick up if injury free?
Also are they saying we would be interested as the connection with Donnie or would be really be interested?

Allan Houston had the best chance of a comeback and he couldn't even survive training camp last year without getting hurt again.....knee problems stick with a player for a long time....hopefully he can come back...but with the Knicks? He should have went to summer league...we don't need a comeback retired player and/or Jamal Tinsley who also hasn't played in some time......

Let Bender come back but not with NY

Scribbles

Rotation player
How bout Rik Smits? 1 year deal? You're right, it's getting silly. I understand wanting to save cap space but you're still supposed to try to build a team, right? Just signing vets for 1 year is assembling a team to put on the floor, it's not "building" a team.

It's the Boston Celtics. :teeth:

richtree

Rotation player
This kid is young and long -- he is def worth a look -- if he is healthy and the last man on our bench it would be better than some 6 - 4 player that can't do anything else..