Knicks to choose between Sessions or Tinsley by end of week.

JayJ44

Starter
I think we'll end up with Sessions. I don't believe Donnie Walsh is stupid enough to choose an old, injury prone player with character issues over a young, talented, athletic, pass first PG.

Let's keep the faith. D'antoni really wants Sessions and he does have some pull. Donnie would be crazy to sign Tinsley imo. An aging, bad character guy who won't be here next year. That doesn't make sense to me.

Paul1355

All Star
I think we'll end up with Sessions. I don't believe Donnie Walsh is stupid enough to choose an old, injury prone player with character issues over a young, talented, athletic, pass first PG.

I agree....also the fact that him and Dantoni have searching for that "point guard of the future" since being with the Knicks and Sessions has that potential to shine in NY.

We went after Hughes and Wilcox who were in the same spot as Tinsley with not playing and having contract issues etc....so Donnie should try as hard as he can to get Sessions and leave Tinsley as a back up if there is no way to get Sessions.

nyk_nyk

All Star
It appears as though the Knicks are going with Sessions but I don't even know why they were trying to choose. You go with the younger, more athletic pg with major upside. Are they trying to make this team better or not? Session can be had for a pretty low price AND I believe he's only going to get better.

They wouldn't be stupid enough to sign 33yr old Tinsley... or would they?

New New York

Quiet Storm
N-O(Space)B-R-A-I-N-E-R

There is my answer to this question spelled out!

Look if Tinsley had even 50 games last year this would be up for discussion (still would be in favor of Session tho). But a player who misses the entire season, and who is injury prone, bad charecter,suspect Jumper, bad FT shooter (for a guard) and TO prone ,means to me his interview w/ The Knicks was just a formality. Plus why a interview and not a workout? My opinion is Mike didnt really care to see what Tinsley still had.

Out of respect for a former player (and the 2010 plan) Donnie probably begged Dantoni to at least consider him, I think the meeting this week was extension of that consideration on Dantoni's part. I highly doubt he was a canidate in Mike's eyes.

And from that emerged talks of us (finally) making an offer to Sessions, which is another indication of how against signing Tinsley Dantoni is.

And I respect Walsh, but I'm riding with Mike Dantoni on this one!

Hakeem Warrick is a Buck and they are out of roster space as of now, so matching would put them over the cap, and would neccessitate a buy out, so lets hope this isnt a rumor about our offer to him, because we can get him it appears.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Would the Knicks make an offer to Sessions already! Damn Walsh really does drag his damn feet with this shit. Everyday its the same damn story. Either you want the guy or not.

Donnie probably begged Dantoni to at least consider him, I think the meeting this week was extension of that consideration on Dantoni's part. I highly doubt he was a canidate in Mike's eyes.

And from that emerged talks of us (finally) making an offer to Sessions, which is another indication of how against signing Tinsley Dantoni is.

And I respect Walsh, but I'm riding with Mike Dantoni on this one!

I agree completely...well, at least I hope you're right!

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Would the Knicks make an offer to Sessions already! Damn Walsh really does drag his damn feet with this shit. Everyday its the same damn story. Either you want the guy or not.

We should be thankful that they haven't made an offer yet. Donnie Walsh realizes the value that patience has when it comes to things like this. If Walsh made an offer, earlier, the Bucks probably would have matched it. But now that they signed Hakim Warrick and matching the offer would make them over the luxury tax threshold, they're MUCH less likely to match it as matching ANY offer would put them over the threshold.

What does this mean? Not only are we more likely to get Sessions now, but we're more likely to get him for less than the full MLE. A week ago, it would've taken the full MLE to get him.

New New York

Quiet Storm
We should be thankful that they haven't made an offer yet. Donnie Walsh realizes the value that patience has when it comes to things like this. If Walsh made an offer, earlier, the Bucks probably would have matched it. But now that they signed Hakim Warrick and matching the offer would make them over the luxury tax threshold, they're MUCH less likely to match it as matching ANY offer would put them over the threshold.

What does this mean? Not only are we more likely to get Sessions now, but we're more likely to get him for less than the full MLE. A week ago, it would've taken the full MLE to get him.

Yeah you're right! The most important difference between Walsh and Isiah is patience. Isiah wouldve offered the full MLE to Sessions stuffed with trade kickers and incentives (ultimatley costing us more money) just to prevent Mil. from matching. As it might turn out Mil. may have prevented themselves from being able to match!

But, if/when we do sign him to an offer sheet we still have a week to wait to see what Mil does, all indications are that they wont match, but, no one thought Orl would match on Dallas' offer to Gorat!

Anyways I hoops hyped Sessions (cuz to tell you the truth I really know very little about him) and he seems to be a more athletic version of Andre Miller

ramon_sessions.jpg
Quite a playmaker,very unselfish,long arms,has improved on J