Is there anyway to trade Curry?

He's obviously a guy that D'antoni despises and won't play. Do you guys think there is any way we can trade him? I'll throw Jeffries in there too (more tradeable than Curry imo), but I'm more concerned with Curry and his bloated contract.

Only way I can think of getting rid of him is sending him to the Rockets. They are in need of a replacement Center since Yao is out all season and Curry can give them that replacement.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=n9f9dg

New York sends:
Larry Hughes
Eddy Curry

Houston sends:
Tracy McGrady
Brian Cook

Why they do it:
New York gets a go-to guy for the season which expires away for the 2010/2011 season. And a PF that can shoot the ball from beyond the arc. Houston gets rid of McGrady who didn't fit them and just never appeared to be ready to play for them. They get a center who can replace Yao for the season whose been a starter before and might just return healthy. And a shooting guard who can play great defense and get 2-3 steals a game.

dave2138

Rotation player
I bet that's the main thing Walsh has been working on all off season..trying to find a taker for Curry or Jefferies. I don't think either must be traded now for the 2010 plan to work. There is always mid season and next offseason. Their trade values increase anyway as they get closer to FA and become expiring contracts that other teams want. So no need to get desperate and offer future 1st round picks, robinson, lee or hill along with 1 of Curry/Jefferies just to get them to leave.

In my opinion if nothing opens up now, they should wait until Jan-Feb, and see what team could use a proven scorer like Al Harrington for a playoff run. Package of Harrington and 1 of Jefferies/Curry for a worthless expiring contract.

dave2138

Rotation player
Only way I can think of getting rid of him is sending him to the Rockets. They are in need of a replacement Center since Yao is out all season and Curry can give them that replacement.

New York sends:
Larry Hughes
Eddy Curry

Houston sends:
Tracy McGrady
Brian Cook

Why they do it:
New York gets a go-to guy for the season which expires away for the 2010/2011 season. And a PF that can shoot the ball from beyond the arc. Houston gets rid of McGrady who didn't fit them and just never appeared to be ready to play for them. They get a center who can replace Yao for the season whose been a starter before and might just return healthy. And a shooting guard who can play great defense and get 2-3 steals a game.

The problem with that is the Rockets lose money in that deal since Curry's contract = Tmac over 2 years + Larry Hughes. They are a non contending team, why would they do that? Curry is a center, but has no value and who knows if he can play more than 20 minutes/game..even if he was on Houston, they would still have to find a replacement center for Yao.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
McGrady's $23MM contract expires next season. It will be ALOT more valuable to Rockets than Larry Hughes and Eddy Curry. The only way I can see the Rockets taking Curry for McGrady is if you throw in David Lee as well. Lee is looking for a $10-$12MM contract. Sign Lee for $10-$12MM, add Curry's $10MM and the dollars match up to McGrady's $23MM.

It's easy to understand why we would do it. We get out from Curry's contract 1 year early, and we get an additional $23MM in cap space at the end of this season. If that happens we'll only have $10MM in salaries on our books (not including possible signing of Sessions). With that much cap space we'd be able to sign TWO max contracts and some bench fillers (I wouldn't mind resigning Al Harrington if he comes cheap).

Houston MAY do it because Curry fills the void left by Yao. If Curry doesn't work out next season they only have him for one more season at $11MM, which is relatively cheap and can be used as trade bait during the 2010/2011 season. The key to the trade will be Lee. If Lee can continue to develop under Adelman, he will not only give them the same type of production that he provided for us (league leader in double doubles), but he may actually have better numbers.

Kiyaman

Legend
The best way to trade Curry is to call off the 2010 Plan.
Curry is not ready to pack-up and leave the Big-Apple.
Or wait untill Curry ending contract season when (2010 FA are signed) alot of teams will want a low post scoring bigman for the low price of $11M per.

We Knick-Fans need to stop acting like Phoenix ex-coach Dantoni have a clue on coaching bigmen b/c he is as clueless as Miami ex-coach Stan Van Gundy which is why Shaq presence got rid of both coaches from their original teams.
If Dantoni wanted to impress me as a NBA coach he should've got better results out of the Curry & Zach tandem then Isiah did....by not going to the Olympic Games and train the two players last summer.
That would've showed me devotion for his new job.

Hint: Did coach Dantoni have a clue on how to use Wilcox & Lee as tandems in the frontcourt with SF-Harrington or SF-Chandler? HELL-NO!
Why did'nt Shawn Marion visit New York as a FA, rather than fly out to Dallas and persuade Dallas that he would sign with them only if they resign Kidd who was in New York?
There are to many questions concerning celebrity coach Dantoni in New York.
Like the big hype last year about so many NBA players wanting to play for him.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
The best way to trade Curry to Houston is to package him with Mobley's contract for Tracy McGrady. This will actually save them money this year. Maybe throw in a signed (1 year contract) Nate Robinson to give them scoring off the bench.

Remember, Houston is without McGrady for most of next year and without Yao for all of next year. Giving them Mobley's contract saves them money this year and giving them Nate and Curry could still keep them somewhat competitive for this year (essentially more than what they would have without them, which is nothing).

I agree that it shouldn't be desparation to trade him. I just don't think he'll play at all so I was wondering what the options were. Not many! I agree that Houston could potentially be a fit. They play a half-court style, which suits his "game".

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
When I read comments talking about trading Curry they make me laugh.
HE is a waste nobody wants Curry except for Isiah Thomas. And I dont think there is any stupid manager that would make that stupid mistake.

Therefore, we should just buy Curry`s contract out. Just like we did with Shitbury.

Paul1355

All Star

New York sends:
Larry Hughes
Eddy Curry

Houston sends:
Tracy McGrady
Brian Cook

Why they do it:

That could work....we might have to give up a draft pick or cash considerations but I would do it to dump Curry's contract.

Kiyaman

Legend
The best way to trade Curry to Houston is to package him with Mobley's contract for Tracy McGrady. This will actually save them money this year. Maybe throw in a signed (1 year contract) Nate Robinson to give them scoring off the bench.

Remember, Houston is without McGrady for most of next year and without Yao for all of next year. Giving them Mobley's contract saves them money this year and giving them Nate and Curry could still keep them somewhat competitive for this year (essentially more than what they would have without them, which is nothing).

The Houston Rockets is not going to make any moves untill the 2010 offseason....they will play out this season with what they got on their roster this offseason.
There are way to many postseason teams in the west that improved to the point of sweeping the no-Yao, no-T-Mac, no-Artest, and no-Skip Rockets in the first round.

We have to accept the fact that Eddy Curry is not going anywhere.
When Donnie Walsh mentioned his 2010 Plan, this made Eddy Curry agent (on Park av.) start treating Curry to the McDonalds, Burger King, and Wendy's by his office in Manhattan.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Curry + Mobley for T-Mac?

That's a deal that'd make sense.

2009 T-Mac makes like 23 mil
Curry makes like 10 mil
Mobley's contract is like 9 million but 80% insured

2010 T-Mac is FA
Curry makes 10 mil
Mobley is FA

That means basically the Rockets pay the same amount in salary, except over a two year period. But the thing is? Cuttino Mobley's contract has a negative dollar value in the sense that whatever team has it gets 8 million dollars. For the 2009 year, the Rockets would have Mobley and Curry for 9 million and 10.5 million each. But? Cuttino Mobley's 80% insured contract basically means that the Rockets get Eddy Curry for like 2 million dollars in 2009, and pay his full salary in 2010.

In other words giving them Cuttino Mobley and T-Mac gives them Eddy Curry for a MLE-level salary. The Rockets would be stupid to NOT do this, T-Mac is pretty much injured and not going to do a damned thing for them, the Knicks are one of the few teams who absolutely don't care about taking on more salary and we'd have no problem picking up T-Mac's. Sadly the truth is Eddy Curry will help the Rockets more than T-Mac will for the 2009 year. They'd get a serviceable center (who might actually be good, who knows) for a premium price AND they get to save money. Why not?

LeFlume

All Star
NO GM in this league could be that dumb that he trade for Eddie Curry...There is only one Isiah Thomas..:boohoo:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Yeah but Jesus.....

Economic drought + Fat Lesbian + Big ca$h + Zero intent + Heart issues + Off court disturbances + 2010 free agency

=

A big fat
**** that!
from anyone who would even consider in the slightest taking on the league's biggest, gayest underachiever.

Harsh? Yes. I hope I end up eating my words though.

Kiyaman

Legend
I would rather keep Eddy Curry and trade Donnie Walsh, Dantoni, and Gallo to the Nets for G.M. Kiki Vandeweigh, the Nets assistant coach, and Brook Lopez or Terrence Williams.
To have a 50-50 chance at being a 7th or 8th slot playoff team next season...

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Rockets want no part of Curry contrary to any internet rumors you may have read or created. Curry has zero value right now. Maybe next year when his contract expires we'll have a shot at moving him, but until he does something productive on the court, which probably wont happen because DanO won't play him, he will have zero trade value. Kill the Houston rumor, the shit makes no sense.

Paul1355

All Star
Yeah but Jesus.....

Economic drought + Fat Lesbian + Big ca$h + Zero intent + Heart issues + Off court disturbances + 2010 free agency

=

A big fat from anyone who would even consider in the slightest taking on the league's biggest, gayest underachiever.

Harsh? Yes. I hope I end up eating my words though.

I think you will eat up those words.....he was involved in a lot of drama last season and wants to come back more than ever and he lost 30 pounds this offseason. A healthy and in shape Curry can be a dominant offensive weapon in the post.