Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bowen only Reason Sessions is not a knick

Nyk Logo Bowen only Reason Sessions is not a knick

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

LET THE KNICKS GET THIS DAMN PLAYER ALREADY HE WILL BE GREAT!

I must have missed something. What does Bruce Bowen have to do with anything?

yea, i'm confused as well...

Bowen got traded to the Bucks in the Richard Jefferson trade. The Bucks are looking to save money, so there are rumors that they will waive him, trade him, etc. I guess Walsh is waiting to see whether or not the Bucks will have to pay Bowen.

Originally Posted by JayJ44
    Bowen got traded to the Bucks in the Richard Jefferson trade. The Bucks are looking to save money, so there are rumors that they will waive him, trade him, etc. I guess Walsh is waiting to see whether or not the Bucks will have to pay Bowen.
    Why? If we want Sessions, make an offer while the Bucks can't match because they're tied up with Bowen. If they waive Bowen, they can match our offer to Sessions.

This doesn't make any sense at all.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Why? If we want Sessions, make an offer while the Bucks can't match because they're tied up with Bowen. If they waive Bowen, they can match our offer to Sessions.

This doesn't make any sense at all.
    Because he'll know how much to offer. If they waive Bowen, we can offer more, and the Bucks probably won't match. If not, we can offer less, because the Bucks will have worry about Bowen's salary. I dunno, that was my only guess.

Veteran

Yeah. Walsh is waiting to see whether or not the Bucks keep Bowen. If they keep Bowen, odds are they won't have the money to pay Sessions the full MLE so we can offer less. But if they waive Bowen, then we'd probably have to offer the full MLE to get the Bucks not to match. In either case, Walsh wants to get him for as cheap as possible, and if there's a chance that the Bucks keep Bowen and Walsh can offer him only like 4 mil/year, then Walsh should pounce on it since it'll keep the cap down for 2010.

If Bowen gets waived I'd try to sign him, he would bring championship experience with his attitude and most importantly, his great defense.
    Of course, Sessions is the priority here.

Originally Posted by Ewing
    If Bowen gets waived I'd try to sign him, he would bring championship experience with his attitude and most importantly, his great defense.
    Of course, Sessions is the priority here.
    If they waive him, he will sign with San Antonio again. I also wouldn't want him on the team. He isn't just a great defender. He is a terrible human being. He deliberately tries to injure players. That is not hard, but sick. Whenever a shooter jumps, he puts his foot underneath. That is disgusting.

There are hard players I would like to have on the team, even dirty defenders, but Bowen is clearly over the top.

Starks & Oakley loved clubbing mother****ers as well. Don't hate the henchman, hate the Don.

So I guess we've narrowed our interest to Sessions and Tinsley. Well we all know Tinsley can be had if we want him. He supposedly stated that he would play here for little money and I guess he's cool with Walsh. However, Sessions is the priority at this point talent wise. I just want the old son of a b**** to make a move already.

Hire Oakley! (random rant)

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Yeah. Walsh is waiting to see whether or not the Bucks keep Bowen. If they keep Bowen, odds are they won't have the money to pay Sessions the full MLE so we can offer less. But if they waive Bowen, then we'd probably have to offer the full MLE to get the Bucks not to match. In either case, Walsh wants to get him for as cheap as possible, and if there's a chance that the Bucks keep Bowen and Walsh can offer him only like 4 mil/year, then Walsh should pounce on it since it'll keep the cap down for 2010.
    Why wait though? Offer Sessions a lower amount now while the Bucks are tied up with Bowen's contract. The Bucks only have 7 days to match our offer.

Unless Donnie thinks the Bucks can negotiate Bowen's contract and waive him in less than 7 days, then I guess I understand the reasoning. Otherwise, it seems like we're shooting ourselves in the foot just to see if we can.

Originally Posted by NYK 33 TaVe
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

LET THE KNICKS GET THIS DAMN PLAYER ALREADY HE WILL BE GREAT!
    Just get both Bruce Bowen and Sessions....Bowen is a solid defender with an outside shot and Sessions can be our next PG of the future.

If Bowen means getting Sessions....get Bowen...sign Sessions....then sign and trade Nate or Duhon. Hey maybe this can open up a a trade to get Lee moved.

Veteran

Bruce Bowen and Ramon Sessions in a sign and trade for Duhon and filler.. or quite possibly something much larger. could even involve David going to them as well.. who knows..

Default Waiting for the Ram

at least this article offers fresh perspective on wtf is up with Knicks/Ram/Bucks
    guess we'll wait some more, while DW talks to old timers and wafers.
    let's hope Bucks keep Bowen and let Knicks walk in for the kill.
    Hopefully Sessions won't be the one that got away.

According to article:
    "The NBA's tax limit is $69.92 million and the Bucks' payroll, according to hoopshype.com, sits at $64,720,847. Should Bowen not be traded and the Bucks release him on Aug. 1, it would cost the team half of his $4 million salary, leaving the payroll slightly under $63 million. That would give the team room to match the Knicks' reported four-year, $26.5 million offer. The first year of the deal would be $5.8 million."

since when do we have a deal on table for Sessions?