Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47

Thread: Team sources there is "no interest whatsoever" in Iverson

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,671
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Team sources there is "no interest whatsoever" in Iverson

    According to the NY Post Multiple team sources said there is "no interest whatsoever" in free agent Allen Iverson.

    WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can gamble for one season in Darko but not Iverson?

  2. #2
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,969
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    This is downright stupid and annoying. A former MVP, tough and hard working player, and people make him out like he's gonna destroy a team.The Clippers and and Grizzlies haven't done **** and they should have cared more. The Knicks really should make an offer.

  3. #3
    Veteran JayJ44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,700
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Getting Iverson would of been idiotic. He would take shots away from our young players, and ruin team chemistry. Why waste the MLE on him, when we could use it on Ramon Sessions.

    How is Darko a gamble? We gave up Q-Rich for him. Worst case scenario he sucks and doesn't play. Worst case scenario with AI: he hogs the ball, slows the development of Chandler and Gallo, he ruins team chemistry, and we blow an opportunity to pick up a young, pass first PG with potential in Sessions.

  4. #4
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,402
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by JayJ44
    Getting Iverson would of been idiotic. He would take shots away from our young players, and ruin team chemistry. Why waste the MLE on him, when we could use it on Ramon Sessions.

    How is Darko a gamble? We gave up Q-Rich for him. Worst case scenario he sucks and doesn't play. Worst case scenario with AI: he hogs the ball, slows the development of Chandler and Gallo, he ruins team chemistry, and we blow an opportunity to pick up a young, pass first PG with potential in Sessions
    .

    well put. Sessions should be #1 priority, a young guard to be part of the team for years to come. It's time to stop looking at 30-somethings for 1-year flings, and start building a core of players. Sessions will fit right in with Chandler, Gallo, Hill, Douglas and hopefully Lee and N8 (and Darko). Iverson would be the 2nd coming of Me-bury, no way he's a team player. AI pretty much led to the downfall of Detroit; what a sh*t trade they made losing Billups!

    NO AI - YES SESSIONS

  5. #5
    Member the portable man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    274
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    duhon > AI

  6. #6
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    How is practice going to make me any better?

  7. #7
    Veteran Trin_Starr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Trumbull, CT
    Posts
    1,093
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by the portable man
    duhon > AI
    Wow - now that takes some balls to say something like that lol

    Career backup > 10 Time All-Star

    Looks about right to me lol

  8. #8
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,262
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by JayJ44
    Getting Iverson would of been idiotic. He would take shots away from our young players, and ruin team chemistry. Why waste the MLE on him, when we could use it on Ramon Sessions.

    How is Darko a gamble? We gave up Q-Rich for him. Worst case scenario he sucks and doesn't play. Worst case scenario with AI: he hogs the ball, slows the development of Chandler and Gallo, he ruins team chemistry, and we blow an opportunity to pick up a young, pass first PG with potential in Sessions.
    I am tired of hearing this crap about taking shots away from young players
    These young players are not all league(ers) they need to learn to be productive with out needing to get shots 4 example ( these young knickerbockers need to learn how to pay with a star) if it begins with iverson so be it, but if they cant play winning ball with iverson then they wont be able to with lebron or wade or who ever.
    My point is, these guys have posted better than their talent number based on the fact that the team as a whole has no legit star.
    Al harrington is not a 20 ppg scorer, lee is not a 16-11 player and nate is not a 17-4-4 player on a winning basketball team.

    They are all role players.

    Bring in iverson, he will teach them how to win and it will be preparatory for Mike D in the sense where he can teach players to move with out the ball better and focus on the little things that make winning teams.

  9. #9
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,464
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by donchris
    According to the NY Post Multiple team sources said there is "no interest whatsoever" in free agent Allen Iverson.

    WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can gamble for one season in Darko but not Iverson?
    High risk and high reward.............I'm all for Iverson coming to the big apple........we are a bad team and Iverson would be amazing in this system and with this team. Iverson plays better with bad teams....they can dish him the ball as much as he wants and their is no problem.

    ALL YOU KNICK FANS KNOW THAT THERE WERE PLENTY OF GAMES WERE NO ONE SHOT THE BALL BUT Q RICH....IMAGINE IF IVERSON WAS THE ONE TAKING OVER THE GAME INSTEAD OF A BUNCH OF BUMS.

    Problem is that Iverson is not team oriented and Mike D is crazy when it comes to that....there would be a couple arguments in one year between those two....

    The reward would be our first all star caliber leader since Allan Houston and a guy that wants to restore his name on the basketball court....(reminds me too much of the Stephon Marbury situation with the Knicks) let's hope not....

    Signing Iverson to a one year deal is a risk and the team will have to understand that Iverson is the best scorer and needs the ball......I personally feel that he would be great with the Knicks even for one year....but him being signed here is unlikely unless you here Mike D or Donnie give any hint.

  10. #10
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    been followin AI on twitter....

    If you think that I am just going away-Think again! I am getting ready for the NBA season. Waiting for the call. Charlotte, Miami, NY.5:04 AM Aug 18th from web

    Getting in shape, running, lifting and thinking about which team that I will help compete for a championship! Whoever gets me will be happy5:09 AM Aug 18th from web

    If you think that I am just going away-Think again! I am getting ready for the NBA season. Waiting for the call. Charlotte, Miami, NY.5:04 AM Aug 18th from web

    best that I can be. One doesn't plan to fail, they fail to plan. I am planning for my comeback. Plan to hear from me daily on Twitter.com5:18 AM Aug 18th from we

    My people just informed me that we are getting close to a deal. I asked them to call me the when its done. I am so ready to know!about 4 hours ago from web

    I have been blessed to make plenty of money in this league. Now it's not about the money, its about playing me getting back on the court &

  11. #11
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by JayJ44
    Getting Iverson would of been idiotic. He would take shots away from our young players, and ruin team chemistry. Why waste the MLE on him, when we could use it on Ramon Sessions.

    How is Darko a gamble? We gave up Q-Rich for him. Worst case scenario he sucks and doesn't play. Worst case scenario with AI: he hogs the ball, slows the development of Chandler and Gallo, he ruins team chemistry, and we blow an opportunity to pick up a young, pass first PG with potential in Sessions.
    haha what an idiot. Jay. AI is a former MVP and he will score 21ppg for us right now. We don't have anyone on the team that is a scoring threat that is any good (Al Harrington sucks. Nate Robinson is a piece of crap).

    Originally Posted by CoolClyde

    well put. Sessions should be #1 priority, a young guard to be part of the team for years to come. It's time to stop looking at 30-somethings for 1-year flings, and start building a core of players. Sessions will fit right in with Chandler, Gallo, Hill, Douglas and hopefully Lee and N8 (and Darko). Iverson would be the 2nd coming of Me-bury, no way he's a team player. AI pretty much led to the downfall of Detroit; what a sh*t trade they made losing Billups!

    NO AI - YES SESSIONS
    Sessions is crap. Sign AI and get that crap off payroll

    Originally Posted by the portable man
    duhon > AI
    right.... Lifetime bench player >>>> Former MVP, threat to score 22

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    How is practice going to make me any better?
    Shut up

    Originally Posted by NYK 33 TaVe
    Do the knicks wants every top cancer known to the NBA?

    Stephon Marbury
    Steve Francis
    now iverson?

    PLease no. SESSIONS IS THE MAN FOR THE JOB
    I did know Steve Francis was a cancer? and Marbury is no cancer for sure

    Originally Posted by johnstarky
    Iverson's best days are behind him and even though he would help the Knicks with his scoring ability, he is a veteran that is on the decline.Like another poster mentioned earlier, the Knicks don't need to throw any of their money at a guy that is thirty something years old when they're trying to rebuild.This would of been a move that Isiah Thomas would of made.Let AI go to another team and let us focus on Sessions.
    He can still score 21 ppg idiot

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    High risk and high reward.............I'm all for Iverson coming to the big apple........we are a bad team and Iverson would be amazing in this system and with this team. Iverson plays better with bad teams....they can dish him the ball as much as he wants and their is no problem.

    ALL YOU KNICK FANS KNOW THAT THERE WERE PLENTY OF GAMES WERE NO ONE SHOT THE BALL BUT Q RICH....IMAGINE IF IVERSON WAS THE ONE TAKING OVER THE GAME INSTEAD OF A BUNCH OF BUMS.

    Problem is that Iverson is not team oriented and Mike D is crazy when it comes to that....there would be a couple arguments in one year between those two....

    The reward would be our first all star caliber leader since Allan Houston and a guy that wants to restore his name on the basketball court....(reminds me too much of the Stephon Marbury situation with the Knicks) let's hope not....

    Signing Iverson to a one year deal is a risk and the team will have to understand that Iverson is the best scorer and needs the ball......I personally feel that he would be great with the Knicks even for one year....but him being signed here is unlikely unless you here Mike D or Donnie give any hint.
    Yeah thats pretty much all right.

    Originally Posted by Toons
    been followin AI on twitter....

    If you think that I am just going away-Think again! I am getting ready for the NBA season. Waiting for the call. Charlotte, Miami, NY.5:04 AM Aug 18th from web

    Getting in shape, running, lifting and thinking about which team that I will help compete for a championship! Whoever gets me will be happy5:09 AM Aug 18th from web

    If you think that I am just going away-Think again! I am getting ready for the NBA season. Waiting for the call. Charlotte, Miami, NY.5:04 AM Aug 18th from web

    best that I can be. One doesn't plan to fail, they fail to plan. I am planning for my comeback. Plan to hear from me daily on Twitter.com5:18 AM Aug 18th from we

    My people just informed me that we are getting close to a deal. I asked them to call me the when its done. I am so ready to know!about 4 hours ago from web

    I have been blessed to make plenty of money in this league. Now it's not about the money, its about playing me getting back on the court &
    what does that have to do with this

    Originally Posted by donchris
    According to the NY Post Multiple team sources said there is "no interest whatsoever" in free agent Allen Iverson.

    WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can gamble for one season in Darko but not Iverson?
    agreed

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    This is downright stupid and annoying. A former MVP, tough and hard working player, and people make him out like he's gonna destroy a team.The Clippers and and Grizzlies haven't done **** and they should have cared more. The Knicks really should make an offer.



    Theres my opinion on all yours posts. If you think AI is bad your bad

  12. #12
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    its an update genius. its the first time AI publicly mentions NYC as one of his options. and it also says he's not all about the money....vets minimum...it also says he's lifting and getting stronger in the gym. IMO, all of that is relevant information to knick fans.

  13. #13
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,969
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    I also like that he's still watching videos to make himself better.I really think he would be one huge pickup.It would be a bigger steal than Iverson's ability to steal.

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,396
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Toons
    its an update genius. its the first time AI publicly mentions NYC as one of his options. and it also says he's not all about the money....vets minimum...it also says he's lifting and getting stronger in the gym. IMO, all of that is relevant information to knick fans.
    Gotta be a category in Ripley's Believe it or Not if AI signs for the vets minimum. If he's willing the Knicks should sign him to a 3 year deal at 1.3M.

  15. #15
    Superstar johnstarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by jpz17



    He can still score 21 ppg idiot



    First of all, what's with the name calling? I don't usually argue with strangers on a forum but are you still in Junior High School or did your family forget to teach you how to respect other people?

    Second of all, if Allen Iverson is such a great player at this point of his career why didn't the Nuggets keep him? Why aren't the Pistons willing to bring him back? Do you actually believe that the Knicks are going to have so much trouble scoring points under Mike D'antoni's system that they will desperately need to add a player so that he can average more than 20 points a game for them? If you paid close attention to the Knicks last season they were 4th in the league in scoring, averaging more than 105 points per game.Only the Lakers, Warriors and Suns were ahead of the Knicks in scoring.I don't expect that number to dramatically increase or decrease for the Knicks next season.

    If you really want Allen Iverson on the Knicks so that he can sell a lot of Knick Jerseys at the NBA store or you just want him on the Knicks to watch him make ESPN Sports Center's top 10 plays then I don't know what else to tell you.

Similar Threads

  1. Brown Buries Stephon
    By rady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Mar 16, 2006, 12:19
  2. Jay Williams
    By Skyhi300 in forum NBA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jan 17, 2005, 13:14
  3. Marbury Officially On USA Team
    By frankwilliams in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: May 15, 2004, 12:44
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: Apr 22, 2004, 02:38
  5. Dream Team
    By KnickFan2080 in forum NBA
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Dec 08, 2003, 11:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •