Team sources there is "no interest whatsoever" in Iverson

Getting Iverson would of been idiotic. He would take shots away from our young players, and ruin team chemistry. Why waste the MLE on him, when we could use it on Ramon Sessions.

How is Darko a gamble? We gave up Q-Rich for him. Worst case scenario he sucks and doesn't play. Worst case scenario with AI: he hogs the ball, slows the development of Chandler and Gallo, he ruins team chemistry, and we blow an opportunity to pick up a young, pass first PG with potential in Sessions.

I am tired of hearing this crap about taking shots away from young players
These young players are not all league(ers) they need to learn to be productive with out needing to get shots 4 example ( these young knickerbockers need to learn how to pay with a star) if it begins with iverson so be it, but if they cant play winning ball with iverson then they wont be able to with lebron or wade or who ever.
My point is, these guys have posted better than their talent number based on the fact that the team as a whole has no legit star.
Al harrington is not a 20 ppg scorer, lee is not a 16-11 player and nate is not a 17-4-4 player on a winning basketball team.

They are all role players.

Bring in iverson, he will teach them how to win and it will be preparatory for Mike D in the sense where he can teach players to move with out the ball better and focus on the little things that make winning teams.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I really do not get why people are afraid of bringing in Allen Iverson.

He would only be getting a one year deal for about 2 million dollars, he would likely generate at least half of that in merchandise and ticket sales. Statistically he would be a monster in Dantoni's system

Think about it....Q-Brick was pratically an All Star in Phoenix, Jamal Crawford was putting up very good numbers in Dantoni's system, now picture a player like Iverson who shoots about as good as both of those players but knows when/how to take the ball to the hoop when The J isnt falling unlike Q and Jamal

Iverson average 27 playing next to fellow scorer Carmelo as a full-time starter in 2007-08 and managed 18 for Detroit playing out of position and on a defensive minded squad. Can you imagine the numbers in Dantoni's sytem

No Less than 24 ppg!

Now plus the fact that Larry Hughes is our truest SG (a thread on that later this week) then this seems to a NO Brainer.

Get the dude for 2 million, if he acts up buy him out. This is a low rish, high reward sort of move. He is still an A player in this league, he is still capable of 40 or 50 on any given night.

I know there is the whole argument about him being a bad influence on the young players, to that I say....even our young players are grown a@# men, they can think for themselves!

Seriously, was Zach Randolph a bad influence on the same group of young players? Did Jerome James' poor work ethic rub off on David Lee and Nate Robinson who have been teamates with him since they were rookies?

Add Iverson to this roster and we have a legit shot at the playoffs

Duhon/Nate
Iverson/Nate/Hughes
Chandler/Gallanari
Lee/Harrington/Hill
Curry/Darko/Lee

Now add Sessions and Iverson and we are pretty much a lock

Sessions/Duhon
Iverson/Nate/Huges
Chandler/Gallanari/Harrington
Lee/Harrington/Hill
Curry/Darko/Lee

Last point....we would have his "bird rights' meaning, if he puts up sick numbes -you know the type that would make a big name FA come in 2010- we can resign him for as much as we would want, thus alliviating this whole cap crisis everyone is so leary of.

JayJ44

Starter
haha what an idiot. Jay. AI is a former MVP and he will score 21ppg for us right now. We don't have anyone on the team that is a scoring threat that is any good (Al Harrington sucks. Nate Robinson is a piece of crap).

:lol: @ you calling anyone an idiot. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, dumbass. Harrington averaged 20 PPG and Nate averaged 17 PPG. Who cares that he was MVP like 8 years ago? He doesn't fit this system because he hogs the ball, and isn't a willing passer.

I am tired of hearing this crap about taking shots away from young players
These young players are not all league(ers) they need to learn to be productive with out needing to get shots 4 example ( these young knickerbockers need to learn how to pay with a star) if it begins with iverson so be it, but if they cant play winning ball with iverson then they wont be able to with lebron or wade or who ever.
My point is, these guys have posted better than their talent number based on the fact that the team as a whole has no legit star.
Al harrington is not a 20 ppg scorer, lee is not a 16-11 player and nate is not a 17-4-4 player on a winning basketball team.

They are all role players.

Bring in iverson, he will teach them how to win and it will be preparatory for Mike D in the sense where he can teach players to move with out the ball better and focus on the little things that make winning teams.

Iverson isn't a star anymore. At this point in his career, Nate>AI. Nate's younger, more athletic, and a better shooter. There's no point in bringing in Iverson.

dave2138

Rotation player
The only difference Iverson will make is giving Utah the 8th or 9th pick instead of the 2nd or 3rd pick in the 2010 draft.

dude what r u talking about, he averaged 27 a game just 2 yrs ago, and last year was relegated to the bench for no reason what so ever by a coach who ( well get fired)..

NAte robinson is not now and never will be better than Iverson is even at this stage in his career.

JAy I cannot believe you just really said Nate robinson is better than Allan Iverson

MEH. SMH. and LMFAO.

JayJ44

Starter
dude what r u talking about, he averaged 27 a game just 2 yrs ago, and last year was relegated to the bench for no reason what so ever by a coach who ( well get fired)..

NAte robinson is not now and never will be better than Iverson is even at this stage in his career.

JAy I cannot believe you just really said Nate robinson is better than Allan Iverson

MEH. SMH. and LMFAO.

He also averaged 42 minutes per game, while Nate averaged less than 30 this year. Per 36 minutes AI averaged about 23 points in 07-08, while Nate averaged about 21 points per 36 last season. Since Nate is young, he will probably improve his game for the coming season. AI on the other hand is getting older, and will decline. Nate can bring everything that AI does, but Nate is a better shooter, making him a better fit in the system.

dude numbers stats blah blah blah blah, Nate plays losing basketball.

Iverson has been playing
MVP
ALL STAR MVP
All NBA first team
LEague leading Scoring
Ball every year of his career until this past one.
He will bounce back and in Mike D's hands he ill be 3 times the player nate could ever dream of.
Stop riding Nates (((). HE is not better than Iverson.
STOP IT
will some one with logic on this forum please step in and support this because people not wanting IVerson for a year for cheap on this site must not be knicks fans.

jpz17

Starter
I really do not get why people are afraid of bringing in Allen Iverson.

He would only be getting a one year deal for about 2 million dollars, he would likely generate at least half of that in merchandise and ticket sales. Statistically he would be a monster in Dantoni's system

Think about it....Q-Brick was pratically an All Star in Phoenix, Jamal Crawford was putting up very good numbers in Dantoni's system, now picture a player like Iverson who shoots about as good as both of those players but knows when/how to take the ball to the hoop when The J isnt falling unlike Q and Jamal

Iverson average 27 playing next to fellow scorer Carmelo as a full-time starter in 2007-08 and managed 18 for Detroit playing out of position and on a defensive minded squad. Can you imagine the numbers in Dantoni's sytem

No Less than 24 ppg!

Now plus the fact that Larry Hughes is our truest SG (a thread on that later this week) then this seems to a NO Brainer.

Get the dude for 2 million, if he acts up buy him out. This is a low rish, high reward sort of move. He is still an A player in this league, he is still capable of 40 or 50 on any given night.

I know there is the whole argument about him being a bad influence on the young players, to that I say....even our young players are grown a@# men, they can think for themselves!

Seriously, was Zach Randolph a bad influence on the same group of young players? Did Jerome James' poor work ethic rub off on David Lee and Nate Robinson who have been teamates with him since they were rookies?

Add Iverson to this roster and we have a legit shot at the playoffs

Duhon/Nate
Iverson/Nate/Hughes
Chandler/Gallanari
Lee/Harrington/Hill
Curry/Darko/Lee

Now add Sessions and Iverson and we are pretty much a lock

Sessions/Duhon
Iverson/Nate/Huges
Chandler/Gallanari/Harrington
Lee/Harrington/Hill
Curry/Darko/Lee

Last point....we would have his "bird rights' meaning, if he puts up sick numbes -you know the type that would make a big name FA come in 2010- we can resign him for as much as we would want, thus alliviating this whole cap crisis everyone is so leary of.

best post I've ever seen you post

JayJ44

Starter
dude numbers stats blah blah blah blah, Nate plays losing basketball.

Iverson has been playing
MVP
ALL STAR MVP
All NBA first team
LEague leading Scoring
Ball every year of his career until this past one.
He will bounce back and in Mike D's hands he ill be 3 times the player nate could ever dream of.
Stop riding Nates (((). HE is not better than Iverson.
STOP IT
will some one with logic on this forum please step in and support this because people not wanting IVerson for a year for cheap on this site must not be knicks fans.

You still havn't explained why AI>Nate, besides listing his awards and making a bunch of random predictions with no facts to back it up. How do you know he'll bounce back under D'antoni? It's more likely that they clash since D'antoni likes ball movement, and AI likes chucking up shots. We know he led the league in scoring and won an MVP like 8 years ago. Who cares? If Nate plays losing basketball, what does AI play? He has individual achievements but NO ONE wants him on their team. He's a me-first player, we don't need that. We have enough scoring. Doesn't matter anyway, because Donnie won't sign him. He has no interest in him:

I tossed in a mention of the Allen Iverson situation at the bottom of the previous blog because I didn't see it necessary to report something that wasn't going to happen. But the fact that Iverson mentioned New York and other news outlets insisted on including the Knicks as a destination despite our reporting here, let's make the point clear. I mean, crystal clear.
To reiterate our reporting, we've been told by several sources -- impeccable ones (as opposed to those misguided peccable types) --that Iverson has never been seriously considered by the Knicks and, despite his available status, will not be.
One source suggested we here at the Fix "take a very strong position that the Knicks are not a destination for Iverson."
Another put it succinctly that Iverson's future team is "definitely not" the Knicks.
From the intelligence I have gathered -- which includes these sources and also reading veteran NBA writers such as Rick Bonnell (Bobcats) and Ira Winderman(Heat) -- it sounds as if Iverson's only real desintation would be Charlotte, where he would be reunited with Larry Brown.
http://www.newsday.com/sports/baske....812055/iverson-will-not-be-a-knick-1.1382819

ANU

Starter
the problem is, lee,nate, and sessions....if all that shit was taken care of i could see it happening.

Nate doesnt chuck up shots, Come on
your making me hate on nate and I love nate, but really he is not at allen iversons level, not many guards are at his level, you are talking about allen iverson here, not stephon marbury or jamal crawford.
I speak over iversons career accolades for the sole purpose of proving the "type" of player we would be getting, a true winner, who in this offense would flourish. While Nate may have more energy and strength and charisma on the court, down the stretch with 3 minutes to go we dont have any players who can take the ball in their hands and finish a game, im sorry nate just isnt that type of player, proof is in the pudding

NO ONE IN THE LEAGUE WANTED HIM, HE DIDNT GET ONE OFFER.

from that stand point alone it proves that nate is a bench or role player only, and after 5 years in the league it is quite obvious that we have seen the best you are going to see from him, players dont really improve after their 5-6th season they hit their peak and stay that way until they decline.

While I understand your argument, I cant agree

Iverson is better than NAte robinson, Not just based on his track record, but based on skill, veteran leadership, close out ability, and respect from other teams who base their defenses on figuring out how to stop this guy, while Mike D is shoring up an offense built upon utilizing iverson's ability to open the floor for the plethora of role players who can all knock down jumpers and cut to the basket.

Iverson would change everything here, and I hope to god we get him.

JayJ44

Starter
Nate doesnt chuck up shots, Come on
your making me hate on nate and I love nate, but really he is not at allen iversons level, not many guards are at his level, you are talking about allen iverson here, not stephon marbury or jamal crawford.
I speak over iversons career accolades for the sole purpose of proving the "type" of player we would be getting, a true winner, who in this offense would flourish. While Nate may have more energy and strength and charisma on the court, down the stretch with 3 minutes to go we dont have any players who can take the ball in their hands and finish a game, im sorry nate just isnt that type of player, proof is in the pudding

NO ONE IN THE LEAGUE WANTED HIM, HE DIDNT GET ONE OFFER.

from that stand point alone it proves that nate is a bench or role player only, and after 5 years in the league it is quite obvious that we have seen the best you are going to see from him, players dont really improve after their 5-6th season they hit their peak and stay that way until they decline.

While I understand your argument, I cant agree

Iverson is better than NAte robinson, Not just based on his track record, but based on skill, veteran leadership, close out ability, and respect from other teams who base their defenses on figuring out how to stop this guy, while Mike D is shoring up an offense built upon utilizing iverson's ability to open the floor for the plethora of role players who can all knock down jumpers and cut to the basket.

Iverson would change everything here, and I hope to god we get him.

You do realize AI is in the exact same position? Not one team as offered AI a contract yet, and he's unrestricted, making it much easier to sign him rather than Nate.

This is my final argument in favor of Nate>AI:

@1:18 Nate drains the game winner over AI. :afro:

jpz17

Starter
You do realize AI is in the exact same position? Not one team as offered AI a contract yet, and he's unrestricted, making it much easier to sign him rather than Nate.

This is my final argument in favor of Nate>AI:

@1:18 Nate drains the game winner over AI. :afro:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

jpz17

Starter
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah Ahahahahahahahahaha
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

its different, AI is more of a concern because no one knows what the market for him is. They have no idea, and I believe that its more on AI's camp waiting for the right time for him to sign, there is nothing going on with nate no rumors, no offers, nothing. no one is even talking about him other than him getting arrested.

smokes

Huge Member
its different, AI is more of a concern because no one knows what the market for him is. They have no idea, and I believe that its more on AI's camp waiting for the right time for him to sign, there is nothing going on with nate no rumors, no offers, nothing. no one is even talking about him other than him getting arrested.

Actually, both players got offered contract by the same team, Olympiakos. Nate got offered it first and turned it down, then they approached AI when they couldn't get Nate.

Let's be serious, Nate ain't as good as Iverson individually, but Iverson is drying up. It's not like we can chuck Iverson into our lineup and instantly become a contender. So who the hell cares anyway?

A sure way to kill the chemistry of our young core is to bring in an aging star who still wants to shoot the rock more than the rest of your team combined. If you guys (jpz, derekharper) can't see those kind of issues then it's very shortsighted.