oh we are the knicks blah blah
    role players

allen iverson wants to play here cheap

Nooo dont sign him

idiotsss.

Hes AI

you bring him here.

Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    dude numbers stats blah blah blah blah, Nate plays losing basketball.

Iverson has been playing
    MVP
    ALL STAR MVP
    All NBA first team
    LEague leading Scoring
    Ball every year of his career until this past one.
    He will bounce back and in Mike D's hands he ill be 3 times the player nate could ever dream of.
    Stop riding Nates (((). HE is not better than Iverson.
    STOP IT
    will some one with logic on this forum please step in and support this because people not wanting IVerson for a year for cheap on this site must not be knicks fans.
    You still havn't explained why AI>Nate, besides listing his awards and making a bunch of random predictions with no facts to back it up. How do you know he'll bounce back under D'antoni? It's more likely that they clash since D'antoni likes ball movement, and AI likes chucking up shots. We know he led the league in scoring and won an MVP like 8 years ago. Who cares? If Nate plays losing basketball, what does AI play? He has individual achievements but NO ONE wants him on their team. He's a me-first player, we don't need that. We have enough scoring. Doesn't matter anyway, because Donnie won't sign him. He has no interest in him:

I tossed in a mention of the Allen Iverson situation at the bottom of the previous blog because I didn't see it necessary to report something that wasn't going to happen. But the fact that Iverson mentioned New York and other news outlets insisted on including the Knicks as a destination despite our reporting here, let's make the point clear. I mean, crystal clear.
    To reiterate our reporting, we've been told by several sources -- impeccable ones (as opposed to those misguided peccable types) --that Iverson has never been seriously considered by the Knicks and, despite his available status, will not be.
    One source suggested we here at the Fix "take a very strong position that the Knicks are not a destination for Iverson."
    Another put it succinctly that Iverson's future team is "definitely not" the Knicks.
    From the intelligence I have gathered -- which includes these sources and also reading veteran NBA writers such as [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (Bobcats) and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ](Heat) -- it sounds as if Iverson's only real desintation would be Charlotte, where he would be reunited with Larry Brown.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

the problem is, lee,nate, and sessions....if all that **** was taken care of i could see it happening.

Nate doesnt chuck up shots, Come on
    your making me hate on nate and I love nate, but really he is not at allen iversons level, not many guards are at his level, you are talking about allen iverson here, not stephon marbury or jamal crawford.
    I speak over iversons career accolades for the sole purpose of proving the "type" of player we would be getting, a true winner, who in this offense would flourish. While Nate may have more energy and strength and charisma on the court, down the stretch with 3 minutes to go we dont have any players who can take the ball in their hands and finish a game, im sorry nate just isnt that type of player, proof is in the pudding

NO ONE IN THE LEAGUE WANTED HIM, HE DIDNT GET ONE OFFER.

from that stand point alone it proves that nate is a bench or role player only, and after 5 years in the league it is quite obvious that we have seen the best you are going to see from him, players dont really improve after their 5-6th season they hit their peak and stay that way until they decline.

While I understand your argument, I cant agree

Iverson is better than NAte robinson, Not just based on his track record, but based on skill, veteran leadership, close out ability, and respect from other teams who base their defenses on figuring out how to stop this guy, while Mike D is shoring up an offense built upon utilizing iverson's ability to open the floor for the plethora of role players who can all knock down jumpers and cut to the basket.

Iverson would change everything here, and I hope to god we get him.

Nate doesnt chuck up shots, Come on
    your making me hate on nate and I love nate, but really he is not at allen iversons level, not many guards are at his level, you are talking about allen iverson here, not stephon marbury or jamal crawford.
    I speak over iversons career accolades for the sole purpose of proving the "type" of player we would be getting, a true winner, who in this offense would flourish. While Nate may have more energy and strength and charisma on the court, down the stretch with 3 minutes to go we dont have any players who can take the ball in their hands and finish a game, im sorry nate just isnt that type of player, proof is in the pudding

NO ONE IN THE LEAGUE WANTED HIM, HE DIDNT GET ONE OFFER.

from that stand point alone it proves that nate is a bench or role player only, and after 5 years in the league it is quite obvious that we have seen the best you are going to see from him, players dont really improve after their 5-6th season they hit their peak and stay that way until they decline.

While I understand your argument, I cant agree

Iverson is better than NAte robinson, Not just based on his track record, but based on skill, veteran leadership, close out ability, and respect from other teams who base their defenses on figuring out how to stop this guy, while Mike D is shoring up an offense built upon utilizing iverson's ability to open the floor for the plethora of role players who can all knock down jumpers and cut to the basket.

Iverson would change everything here, and I hope to god we get him.
    You do realize AI is in the exact same position? Not one team as offered AI a contract yet, and he's unrestricted, making it much easier to sign him rather than Nate.

This is my final argument in favor of Nate>AI:

@1:18 Nate drains the game winner over AI.

Originally Posted by JayJ44
    You do realize AI is in the exact same position? Not one team as offered AI a contract yet, and he's unrestricted, making it much easier to sign him rather than Nate.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah Ahahahahahahahahaha
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

its different, AI is more of a concern because no one knows what the market for him is. They have no idea, and I believe that its more on AI's camp waiting for the right time for him to sign, there is nothing going on with nate no rumors, no offers, nothing. no one is even talking about him other than him getting arrested.

Iverson > LeBron

its different, AI is more of a concern because no one knows what the market for him is. They have no idea, and I believe that its more on AI's camp waiting for the right time for him to sign, there is nothing going on with nate no rumors, no offers, nothing. no one is even talking about him other than him getting arrested.
    Actually, both players got offered contract by the same team, Olympiakos. Nate got offered it first and turned it down, then they approached AI when they couldn't get Nate.

Let's be serious, Nate ain't as good as Iverson individually, but Iverson is drying up. It's not like we can chuck Iverson into our lineup and instantly become a contender. So who the hell cares anyway?

A sure way to kill the chemistry of our young core is to bring in an aging star who still wants to shoot the rock more than the rest of your team combined. If you guys (jpz, derekharper) can't see those kind of issues then it's very shortsighted.

Originally Posted by JayJ44

Also note who Iverson scores all his clutch points on in this video.

Kryptonot much of a defender.

Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    Also note who Iverson scores all his clutch points on in this video.

Kryptonot much of a defender.
    haha nate hit a game winning shot, I wonder how many iverson has hit.... hmmm
    and aging star, dude still posts like 40 mins a game and was a top 5 scorer a lil over a year ago.
    I want him taking shots, he is twice as good as any player the knicks have right now
    are we really that stupid to say we have better players on our roster than allen iverson.
    Nate doesnt defend, He makes stupid turn overs, hes a head case, hes a chemistry killer himself in that when he is on the floor he doesnt make his team mates better he makes himself better. Ask larry brown if iverson makes his team mates better. Trying to replace Billups is probably as hard of a thing to do as any trade in the NBA, so I dont blame iverson for struggling last year coming off the bench, starting, then off the bench, then not playing, That was not his fault that was The nuggets being smart realizing him and melo need to be on different teams, and iverson going to a team where CURRY SUCKED AS A COACH..

I really really cant believe there is even one person on here who doesnt believe IVerson would make us a winning basketball team instantly, he would I repeat be by far the best player we have had on the knicks since ewing was traded.

If you can name one player who was better go for it.
    but your talking about the top 3 scorer in NBA history who was at his avg a season ago, and is probably chomping at the bits to get back to status.
    I am not saying he is an MVP but if he came here for 5 mil for a season and we would have bird rights to keep him around for 2010, you wouldnt want your best player to come for 5 million dollars.

STOPPPP THE NONSENSE.

Superstar

Stop comparing Iverson to Nate for the 2009/2010 season. Next season does not matter who is more productive. The only thing that matters is who is more valuable to keep from 2010+..26 year old Robinson or 35 year old Iverson? Its clear Iverson has already began his decline..How many good-great years do you think he has left?

If the Knicks were looking to contend next year, then I would support it, but I don't find it any beneficial to the team to make a signing only to give Utah a slightly worse 2010 draft pick.

I was just joking about the buzzer beater thing...

Originally Posted by dave2138
    Stop comparing Iverson to Nate for the 2009/2010 season. Next season does not matter who is more productive. The only thing that matters is who is more valuable to keep from 2010+..26 year old Robinson or 35 year old Iverson? Its clear Iverson has already began his decline..How many good-great years do you think he has left?

If the Knicks were looking to contend next year, then I would support it, but I don't find it any beneficial to the team to make a signing only to give Utah a slightly worse 2010 draft pick.
    if we don't win this year not one FA will sign with us guaranteed.