Jerry Stackhouse?!: This is just getting pathetic!

JayJ44

Starter
It's not like we're offering him the full MLE for 5 years. We're thin at SG so Donnie is looking at cheap backups. It's not a big deal...

the portable man

Benchwarmer
:eek:

wow i just picked up stackhouse in my 2k9 knicks franchise last night

got offered him for bum ass wilcox

i also traded lee for bynum, LA took it in a heartbeat

knicks should try that

smokes

Huge Member
:eek:

wow i just picked up stackhouse in my 2k9 knicks franchise last night

got offered him for bum ass wilcox

i also traded lee for bynum, LA took it in a heartbeat

knicks should try that

Yeah and I traded Lee for Derrick Rose mate we should do that too!

KarlMoats

Rookie
Agreed. No big deal.

It's not like we're offering him the full MLE for 5 years. We're thin at SG so Donnie is looking at cheap backups. It's not a big deal...

Jerry can at the very least mentor the young guns. Its a pretty cheap teacher. Doesn't bother me too much.

Kiyaman

Legend
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4379230

No Disrespect to Jerry Stackhouse, but we are really starting to look desperate with some of the players we are working out! Not to mention, do we really need him?

Sound The Frik Off!

Damn....Damn....DAMN!!!

No moves in the 2008 offseason
no moves in the 2009 offseason.
And people wonder why I be buggin about this 2010 plan.

Two offseasons without any upgrade.
Players like Stackhouse, Grant Hill, and Kidd are great veteran coaches to have on your bench....but com'on 20 years ago they were all playing H.S. B-Ball (1989).

Damn....Damn....DAMN!!!

No moves in the 2008 offseason
no moves in the 2009 offseason.
And people wonder why I be buggin about this 2010 plan.

Two offseasons without any upgrade.
Players like Stackhouse, Grant Hill, and Kidd are great veteran coaches to have on your bench....but com'on 20 years ago they were all playing H.S. B-Ball (1989).

kiya i have posted this in other threads. people complain about what moves we didnt make, or what lil moves we have

the question I have, and keep asking and no one everrrr seems to respond issss

WHAT MOVES WOULD YOU HAVE MADE, AND IF YOU WERE TO MAKE THEM, COULD YOU ?

. We dont have anything to play with.

STOP THIS RIDICULOUS CRY BABY BULL ISH ABOUT HOW WE HAVENT DONE ANYTHING, WHEN REALISTICALLY THERE IS NOTHING AND I MEAN LITERALLY NOTHING WE CAN DO. OUR TWO MOST VALUABLE ASSETS MAKE AROUND 3 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR THEREFORE THEY ARE ALMOST UNTRADABLE FOR EQUAL VALUE.

WHAT COULD WE DO

NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING

NOTHING

WE CANT DO ANYTHING.

SO STOPP PLEASE EVERY ONE STOPPPP SAYING THAT DONNIE IS SITTING ON HIS HANDS DOING CRAP TO PICK UP PLAYERS.

HE HAS NO CHOICE.

QUOTE ....END QUOTE.

TunerAddict

Starter
kiya i have posted this in other threads. people complain about what moves we didnt make, or what lil moves we have

STOP THIS RIDICULOUS CRY BABY BULL ISH ABOUT HOW WE HAVENT DONE ANYTHING, WHEN REALISTICALLY THERE IS NOTHING AND I MEAN LITERALLY NOTHING WE CAN DO. OUR TWO MOST VALUABLE ASSETS MAKE AROUND 3 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR THEREFORE THEY ARE ALMOST UNTRADABLE FOR EQUAL VALUE.

WHAT COULD WE DO

NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING

NOTHING

WE CANT DO ANYTHING.

SO STOPP PLEASE EVERY ONE STOPPPP SAYING THAT DONNIE IS SITTING ON HIS HANDS DOING CRAP TO PICK UP PLAYERS.

HE HAS NO CHOICE.

QUOTE ....END QUOTE.

Thank you for doing my dirty work for me.

Blumatic

Rotation player
Knicks Look To Shed Another 2010 Contract And Bring In Stackhouse

Aug 05, 2009 11:21 PM EST

Alan Hahn of Newsday reports that the Knicks could shed a 2010 contract as part of the team's pursuit of the unrestricted free-agent Jerry Stackhouse.

The only non-rookie contracts remaining on the Knicks' payroll for the 2010-2011 season are that of Eddy Curry and Jared Jeffries. Presumably the Knicks are seeking a trade of one of the two.

It was reported earlier this week that the Knicks are intent on clearing more cap room for next summer before the team would sign restricted free-agent Ramon Sessions to an offer sheet.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...nother_2010_contract_and_bring_in_stackhouse/

New New York

Quiet Storm

WHAT COULD WE DO

NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING

NOTHING

WE CANT DO ANYTHING.

HE HAS NO CHOICE.

QUOTE ....END QUOTE.

I agree that Donnie's options are limited due to his 2010 plan not to mention we don't have a lot of strong trade chips to work with, but, the moves he has attempted to make are head scratchers IMHO

He wanted to somewhat abandon his 2010 plan and waste precious 2010 cap space on an over the hill Grant Hill (no pun intended).

The same for Jason Kidd

and we are just starting to look desperate bringing in players like Jason Williams, Tinsley and Stackhouse.

Look Mike D's system is very player freindly and it has the ability to bring out the best in players, so I can see the intrigue in bringing in those players, but at the same time it is a little embarassing to see these type players being the player pool we pull from to help improve our roster

I like Donnie Walsh a lot, I think the man shows a lot of poise, and he is still humble after 20 years on the job. I am not for his 2010 plan much only because I cant recall a contender being built that way, but his best argument to that could be results.

JayJ44

Starter
We need a veteran presence in the locker room. We have no leaders. Q-Rich played that role last year, and he's gone. That's why Walsh is going after guys like Kidd, Hill, Williams, Stackhouse.

Starks_boy

Benchwarmer
Thank you for doing my dirty work for me.

WHAT COULD WE DO

NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING

NOTHING

WE CANT DO ANYTHING.

HE HAS NO CHOICE.

QUOTE ....END QUOTE.

+1
It's like a breath of fresh air to read post like this one.

New New York

Quiet Storm
We need a veteran presence in the locker room. We have no leaders. Q-Rich played that role last year, and he's gone. That's why Walsh is going after guys like Kidd, Hill, Williams, Stackhouse.

Look the coach is supposed to be your "locker room presence", I think that the whole notion of locker room presence is overrated! Before signing Miller did Portland have one?...No they were a group of very talented young playes who were made the playoffs.

Not to mention at what age or years in the league does a player earn that title, because Lee,Nate and Hughes (10 year vet,former All Star,NBA All defensive team, and NBA Finals particpent) should all fit that bill.

I agree teams need leadership, but, you dont just bring in players for that reason alone. They need to be productive and aside from Kidd none of these oldtimers fits that bill.

Also we had probably the best "locker room presence" in the league the past few years in Stephon Marbaury.....just kidding.....Malik Rose and our locker room was still full of turmoil and our record still sucked.

Bottom line, bring in players for talent....not to mention Jerry Stackhouse and Jamal Tinsley havent exactly been known to be great teamates.

I reiterate.

Kidd
Hill
Stackhouse
Sessions
Tinsley
Williams

Best players available

Donnie is doing his job by looking into these players, regardless of age, productivity, veteran leadership, blah blah blah. Tinsley is not a veteran leader, but Donnie has to entertain the thought because at a cheap price tag he will improve our pg position regardless of what any of you think, tinsley has posted more starting minutes and playoff minutes than any player on our team accept hughes.

Bottom line is these are the players we can get

WE were never going to get

andre miller, Turkoglu, or paul milsap.

So its not that Donnie is saying lets go for kidd hes a veteran

he was saying lets try and go for kidd or hill because damn it

they are the only players we can get for that might actually play here for cheap and help.

You guys are so short sighted in your frustration, you should be happy that Donnie is roaching out every last nook and cranny of the NBA to find immediate veteran talent for cheap to bolster our roster. You dont see the Raptors, or Bucks, Or Clippers, Or Thunder, or any other losing perennial lottery team courting cheap offensive talent or cheap veteran pg help...Except the knicks.

We are playing with house money on all that is left

look

The Best free agents left are ours for the picking

LEE
NATE
SESSIONS
TINSLEY
WILLIAMS
STACKHOUSE

no other teams are being mentioned except the clippers and sessions.

Donnie

your doing a fine smart patient veteran experienced job

thank you.

Toons

is the Bo$$
I agree that Donnie's options are limited due to his 2010 plan not to mention we don't have a lot of strong trade chips to work with, but, the moves he has attempted to make are head scratchers IMHO

He wanted to somewhat abandon his 2010 plan and waste precious 2010 cap space on an over the hill Grant Hill (no pun intended).

The same for Jason Kidd

and we are just starting to look desperate bringing in players like Jason Williams, Tinsley and Stackhouse.

Look Mike D's system is very player freindly and it has the ability to bring out the best in players, so I can see the intrigue in bringing in those players, but at the same time it is a little embarassing to see these type players being the player pool we pull from to help improve our roster

I like Donnie Walsh a lot, I think the man shows a lot of poise, and he is still humble after 20 years on the job. I am not for his 2010 plan much only because I cant recall a contender being built that way, but his best argument to that could be results.

You have to look in a stack of hay to find the needle. Just because Kidd and Hill are a bit older, does not mean they are washed up. Grant Hill and Jason kidd both played 82 games last season. Hill averaged 12 pts and 4 rebs. Now you may ask whats so speacial about his numbers? well, he is a SG that shot over 50% in his last 3 seasons, he's an 80+% ft shooter...plays good defense, and has a high BBall IQ. I think it would be foolish to not give hill at least a look or a work out. Jason Kidd is an 8 time all star that can mentor tony douglas, kidd averaged 9 pts, 9 assists and 6 rebounds last season. again, completely foolish to not look into kidd if you need an upgrade at pg and a mentor. White Chocolate JWill is also anothe rplayer to at least give a look into. Even tho he retired last year for 'personal reasons' he had an injury riddled 2007-2008 season and still managed 11 pts and 6 azssists. He had a year off to work on his game, he didnt retire because of injury and walsh loved his workout. and hes only 32. once again, veteran leadership and a good player. Keep searching Donnie