Thread: Rubio Staying in Spain

Default Rubio Staying in Spain

Rubio Staying With DKV Joventut

Ricky Rubio will remain with DKV Joventut, according to the team's Twitter account.

"After endless comings and goings, Ricky Rubio is finally where he is. After many speculations about its future, the player decided to put an end to the issue of their transfer and will be announced at DKV Joventut, where he still has two more years (on his) contract."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    F*ck Minny's GM. He waited too long to do something. Now we'll have to wait 2 years before we can watch Rubio in the NBA. What a shame.

I don't remember a GM doing a worse job in his first couple months on the job than Kahn. He drafted 2 PG's with the 5th and 6th picks, that can never play together. I would be surprised if Rubio ever plays for the T-Wolves.

Veteran

Who cares??? I sure don't.

So much for Rubio BSing on draft night, saying how much he liked his new team.

I'm so happy that Rubio is staying in Spain and not reporting to Minny. Kahn is a ****ing idiot for trading his best 2 guards on the team and then never seeing Rubio play for them ever. I said it from the start Kahn has no clue what the hell he is doing when he had a chance to grab a combination of players at the 5th/6th spots (Curry/Derozan), (Flynn, Hill), (Curry, Flynn), (Jennings, Terrence Williams), (Jennings, Curry). Why would he draft a player that would never play for them is incredible. He is an ass to think that waiting 2 years for a player is a good one. They need players right now to build upon, damn I thought this team had learn a lesson on draft night. BTW, where is the wolvesfan kid now that was in the boards a couple of months ago?

2 years to wait...damn....imagine if he gets injured (just suppose) and can never return to his earlier days....that would be a total waste

Originally Posted by Arod2k9
    I'm so happy that Rubio is staying in Spain and not reporting to Minny. Kahn is a ****ing idiot for trading his best 2 guards on the team and then never seeing Rubio play for them ever. I said it from the start Kahn has no clue what the hell he is doing when he had a chance to grab a combination of players at the 5th/6th spots (Curry/Derozan), (Flynn, Hill), (Curry, Flynn), (Jennings, Terrence Williams), (Jennings, Curry). Why would he draft a player that would never play for them is incredible. He is an ass to think that waiting 2 years for a player is a good one. They need players right now to build upon, damn I thought this team had learn a lesson on draft night. BTW, where is the wolvesfan kid now that was in the boards a couple of months ago?
    Agreed. Kahn is an idiot. He traded away Foye and Miller for nothing. NOTHING! When he said they can wait 2 years for Rubio to come back I figured he was bluffing to get people to make better offers. But he waited too long and now he's got nothing to show for it. What a jackass.

Kahn is not the only one to bash though.Rubio sounded like he was gonna go to the NBA and expected to go where HE wanted to go.

I do want to see him in the league though.

Veteran

Kahn brought this upon himself. He knew about the problem with Rubio's buyout (which apparently has increased to 8.8 million dollars) and yet decided to go for it anyway. Big mistake - he could've strengthened that backcourt by picking Demar DeRozan or Stephen Curry or Jrue Holiday or he could've gone with Jordan Hill, but no, he decided to gamble on Rubio and he got owned