Its to LATE....

Kiyaman

Legend
The fact that no other teams made serious runs at DLee or N8 speaks volumes. DLee: great rebounder, good passer, average shot, terrible D. If he defended like Rodman or Artest, he would have gotten the contract - but he doesn't. N8: great energy, streaky scorer, undisciplined, cannot defend large guards, reckless driver - great to have at under $3M but not worth much more.

That said: they will likely sign both for one-year contracts. Hopefully this motivates DLee to play D. If so, big win for us. If not, then smart not to give him long-term deal.

They will also likely make one more move before December, presumably involving Jeffries and/or Hughes.

If DGal healthy, large upside, under-rated defender. ToneyD may turn out to be a serviceable role player. WilsonC at 2guard may lead to serious breakout.

JHill may struggle this year but also has large upside, will be backing up DLee and AlH, and I expect him to be a monster in 2011.

If Curry really gets into shape and starts to move on D, and if Darko takes to faceup/uptempo and provides some shot-blocking, the Knicks could well hit the 40-win mark this year - and be under the cap next summer. If not, 30-36 is more realistic, but if they are over .500 for the 2nd half of the year, I am still happy.

With so many final contract players in the league this upcoming regular season, I believe about 75% of them will be playing hard throughout this season for a bigger contracts.
Which means Knick players Harrington & Hughes will not like giving up their playingtime to the Knicks younger players.

This summer watching MSG network play some of the Knicks 2008-9 season games, I have to come with the conclusion that if any NBA team would've signed (restricted FA) Lee or Nate, they would have had to over pay them and throw all kinds of tangibles in the contract so the Knicks dont match it.
Nate & Lee played a courageous-role last season as part of a 6-man rotation all season (without a center and SG), I'm sure the next-team knew Walsh wants a short contract in return for Lee or Nate, or get nothing.

My "its to Late" thread only means that we would have had great options if Walsh would have traded all our big 2010-11 season contracts before July 1st 2009. which was only 4 players in his 16 months.

Members in this forum and so many others will get very upset with me (Kiyaman) when I start counting down the time left to trade Curry & Jefferies contract.....6 months left.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Hold-on everyone dont be jumpin all on me.....this forum needs a Walsh Hater, a Isiah Hater, a Lenny Wilkins Hater, a Larry Brown Hater, and a Dantoni Hater, like Kiyaman to keep everyone on their muther-freakin toes....so the sissy-name-callin stops here.

I got no problem wid anyone saying, "Kiyaman, been smoking some Kiya (Ganja) before he wrote this crazy thread hatin on Walsh again.". LOL!
"Got to have Kiya now!" a popular old song

It's kaya not kiya. "Got to have kaya now." Not "got to have kiya now". Kiya was a wife of Egyptian Pharaoh Akhenaten. ROTFL.

Last edited:

Blas

Benchwarmer
My "its to Late" thread only means that we would have had great options if Walsh would have traded all our big 2010-11 season contracts before July 1st 2009. which was only 4 players in his 16 months.

Why are the Knicks (media) acting like the Knicks are going to start making moves after August 16th this summer.
It's way to late....the Knicks 2009 summer roster is a 15 win roster next season.

Donnie Walsh smooth moves with the press will have the New York Sports Media, and Knick-Fans blaming Isiah Thomas for the Knicks being a 2009-10 Lottery Team; the 2010 draft-pick going to the Utah Jazz.

We all been watching how the Eastern Conference teams has been upgrading their teams in the last two offseasons, while the Walsh 2010-Plan been down-grading the Knicks for two offseasons.

Look at the upgrading in the Atlantic Division:
Boston (Big-4)
Toronto (Turk)
Philly (New Headcoach and coaching-staff)
New Jersey (Guards-Harris, Alston, Lee, and Terrence)
All the teams in the Atlantic Division upgraded to have a 3-1 record over the Knicks this season.
And if the upgrades of the Atlantic Division does not prove a strong point then take a good look at eight (8) other upgraded Eastern Conference teams:

Cavs
Magic
Hawks
Heats
Bulls (No Gordon but SF-Deng is back)
Bobcats (Larry Brown 2nd season)
Wizards
Pistons
I put the Pistons last and did not include the Pacers b/c both have PG problems. But the Washington Wizards new coach Flip Suanders with a "HEALTHY-Roster" could do a FLIP Wilson in the Eastern Conference.
That group consists of Gilbert Arenas, Antawn Jamison, Caron Butler, Brendan Haywood, Mcgee, and DeShawn Stevenson.
Throw in recent acquisitions Randy <NOBR id=itxt_nobr_18_0 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 100%">Foye </NOBR> and Mike Miller, and the Wizards are a .500 plus team.

As a Knick-Fan....only concentrating on the 2010 FA....which will probably be the largest FA market in the <NOBR id=itxt_nobr_19_0 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 100%">NBA </NOBR> history in one offseason.
All these ending contract players will be looking foward to having highlights of their "career highs and season highs" off of no-defense celebrity coach Dantoni's Knicks.

However, Lets GO Knicks!
the New York Sports writers and announcers will put this 2009-10 Knicks Lottery season as "Isiah Thomas" fault, just like Isiah Thomas first two full seasons were Layden's fault...

I fail to see in your orginal post where you mention trading those 2010-2011 contracts. You just talk about upgrading and signing FAs.

Kiyaman

Legend
It's kaya not kiya. "Got to have kaya now." Not "got to have kiya now". Kiya was a wife of Egyptian Pharaoh Akhenaten. ROTFL.

So now u change egyptian characters into english, and spell-out Blackfolks broken king english.

Do yourself a favor and stick to B-Ball

CoolClyde

to bad for your english

You got jokes in a half Gay Forum!!!

so you ADMIT you're half gay, good one, kiyawoman.

bi the way, take it light. just havin fun.
why so uptight, got sand in your vag?

it's all to much, man!
:peace::beer:!:peace: