This is what Eddy may look like come training camp!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Gotta wonder how badly that knee's been affected. Carrying that much weight around is a burden.

I just watched some highlights from 2 years again on pootube and if he can get back to the same level of athleticism he showed there I'll be really surprised. He looked well over 300lbs in the video and still managed some surprising athletic alley-oops and baseline moves.

If we can get back the 18+ppg and 6+rpg Curry I think we'll really do well.

New New York

Quiet Storm
NBA teams usually overpay for centers. I think we'll be able to dump him on some team.

I can see G-State going for him, they have absolutley no inside presence! Don Nelson has never damanded much defensivley from anyone on any of his teams.

Here is my short list of possible suitors if Curry comes back in shape (no particular order)

The Jazz- In my dreams we can swap him (and one of our young player ie. Nate) for Boozer. Seems like a goofy fan trade?...maybe, but consider Milsap is a rugged type PF (think David Lee w/ D and less rebs) would be just the type of player Curry needs as a frontcourt mate.

Here's the catch: Jerry Sloan is one of the most desiplined coachs in The NBA. There would have to be no signs of poor work ethic on Curry's part for Utah to even consider. Plus, as much as they say they are not looking for cap relief, the reality is they are! Curry adds almost 12 million to cap next season not to mention they do have Okur

Likleyhood: 5% (told you I was dreaming)

The Thunder- Currently have Nenad Kristic at the 5, which is why they have been chasing big men since mid last season. Etan Thomas would provide the rugged frontcourt mate Curry needs to be paired w/. He is young enough to fit into their "building toward the future" plan. With no low post scorer on the team Curry is a great fit here. They drafted Mullens, but he is a D-League player for now

Here's the catch: Like I said they did chase big men, but, they did chase big men but defensive minded bigs is who they were after (ie. Chandler). I also mentioned they have Etan Thomas as a compliment, but a deal for Curry would have to include him.

Likleyhood 25%

G-State: This is the ideal fit for Curry, I said it before Don Nelson openly expresses his lack of need of Defense. G-State currently has Andris Biedrins as their center and his game can be best compared to a better rebounding Chris Dudley! Look Corey Maggetie started games at the PF for them! This team needs inside scoring like we needed a New GM two seasons ago!

Here's The Catch: The catch is that Golden State has a new GM and is not run by the mindless Chris Mullin and Don Nelson anymore. A year ago this would have been as easy as selling Isiah washed up and disfuntional players with long contracts. Really a year ago all Curry wouldve had to do was report to camp in shape.Larry Riley probably would want to see how his team plays coming out of the gate and would also want to see how Curry plays before making such a move. Plus such a move would require Golden State use all of its expiring contracts

likleyhood: 50/50

Chicago: Send him back to where he came from! Well Paxon drafted him, he was a budding star there, they have not had a decent low post scorer since he left. A deal straight up for Miller would save them 2 million in cap this season. Look if Chicago was up to bringing back Tim Thomas who left on bad terms during his first stint w/ The Bulls then Curry wouldnt be that out of the question. Some say a lack of lowpost presence is why Chicago did not beat Boston in the first round (I disagree) that could be another factor in them wanting him.

Here's the catch: They are on the same 2010 plan as we are! Curry hinders that plan, but Hinrich and Salmons are two players who could be easily moved for expiring contracts (unlike Curry and Jefferies) freeing up 16 million. Still a bit of a long shot

likelyhood: 35%

dave2138

Rotation player
What if Tyson Chandler has an unproductive/injury prone season next year? He probably would pick up his player option for 1 more year in Charlotte..

Could possibly do a Curry + future draft pick -> Chandler.

Charlotte isn't in any position to compete so they might do it if it meant picking up a 2011 or 2012 protected 1st round pick.

iSaYughh

Starter
A s8 up deal w/ Chicago for Miller would be poetic. :barf:

But ya, shedding The Beached Whale would be sweet no matter what....can't wait to get closure on the most mind-numbingly vicious self-rape of a trade. :crossfingers:

For some reason I see Currster ending up w/ Thunder....ya, ya, you need D -- but how often do teams actually resist the lure of powerhouse offense and "potential".