Thread: Raymond Felton: Knicks PG?

Hybrid View

Default Raymond Felton: Knicks PG?

There has been a lot of discussion over who will asume the role of the Knick's point guard in the 2010 to 2011 season.

Here is a good option, he looks very promising:

Raymond Felton, age 25 (a current free agent)
    College: North Carolina
    Former teams: Charlotte Bobcats
    Stats: 14.2 ppg, 6.7 assists, 3.8 rbs and 1.5 steals a game in 37 minutes.
    Overview: (from draftexpress.com) A lightning quick point guard who is still trying to recapture the individual and team success that he experienced as a collegiate at UNC, and made him a top 5 pick. Won an NCAA championship at UNC as a junior in 2005. His quickness, strength, and explosiveness are ideal even by NBA standards, though his physical stature is only average. Has quickly become a quality NBA point guard, and has the potential to get even better.
    Defensive Description: (from draftexpress.com) A great ball hawk, pressuring his man the entire length of the floor and being a general nuisance when his man has the ball. Great lateral quickness. His ability to jump into passing lanes allows him to create some turnovers, though he tends to avoid taking unnecessary risks. A smart defender considering his experience level, and much of his ability can be contributed to his time at North Carolina. Shows a willingness to go after long rebounds, but would just as soon get ready to receive an outlet pass. Size will always be a hindrance in this area, though, as opposing guards can easily see the floor and get shots off against him.

What do you think?

hes lightning quick when it comes to jacking up bricks

hes horrible, inefficient, stats suck for 37mpg

where is that bio from cuz hes one of the slower PGs in the league, has to work much harder to score or get past his man cuz of his sluggish physical aptitude

oh and he shoots 39%, threads and posts always leave this out.....puke

portable relax, his stats for 37 mins a gm are top hemisphere all nba wise. There are only 8 pgs in the league, you figure out who they are who put up better numbers, and sessions, duhon, and nate arent any of them.

I would love to have this guy ( bobcats) withstanding run our offense if we have some serious players around him.

I mean

if duhon played with lebron and amare he wouldnt be 11-7 he would be 10 and 11.

felton would be 13-11

We dont need a chris paul and dwill like every one seems to complain enough for, we just need a raymond felton type.

if you cant see the writing on the wall

then i dunno what more we can do for you

If Donnie was too tight to sign on Sessions, then why would he sign on Felton? I'm sure Felton would be asking even more....

I hope that TD has proven his worth and impressed The Don enough that he's satisfied to make do.

I dont think anything that we currently have is enough to impress the don, which is exactly why he wont resign, extend, or over pay any of what we have or could have this particular summer.

and that is why he is a great GM, because he knows what it takes to put together a winning basketball team, and what we have now, and what was available this summer within our financial parameters didnt cut it

kudos to donnie for not pulling a false trigger on a temporary truthful solution, that would leave is damaged for another half decade, supported by aging declining talent at premium payola.

I think we shouldn't sign Felton. Sessions is a much better pg from what I see. So if Donnie didn't want to sign Sessions, what makes you think that he would give Felton a contract, also do you even know much Felton would want, he's going to demand a lot of money and also I think we should give Douglas time to play. I think he's going to turn out to be a good PG. His defense and scoring ability gives him the potential to turn into a star player.

Originally Posted by the portable man
    hes horrible, inefficient, stats suck for 37mpg
    Felton is a very good defender, which is what the Knicks need right now, defensively, they're ranked 26 out of 30 in the NBA.

The Knicks already have a good offense (4th in the league). So they can maintain. Remember, Felton is a point guard, he's supposed to have a good basketball IQ and create ideal plays, so he's not supposed to be a top scorer.

He's a quality point guard and is more skilled than most, he's also young and has room to improve.

You say Felton's stats are bad:

But Chris Duhon, the current Knicks PG also gets 37 minutes, his stats are 11 ppg, 7 asts, 3 rbs and 1 steal per game.
    Last edited by dan1608; Sep 06, 2009 at 13:17.

Agreed! Felton is much better than Duhon ever was or will be. He has a way better J than Sessions and his D is remarkably quick. As for his asking price... maybe he would be willing to take a pay cut considering he will be going to the greatest city in the world which is full of millions of dollars in endorsement deals. Plus, he has the opportunity to play with two superstars (which he can't do in Charlotte) Lets sign him!