Raymond Felton: Knicks PG?

dan1608

Benchwarmer
There has been a lot of discussion over who will asume the role of the Knick's point guard in the 2010 to 2011 season.

Here is a good option, he looks very promising:

Raymond Felton, age 25 (a current free agent)
College: North Carolina
Former teams: Charlotte Bobcats
Stats: 14.2 ppg, 6.7 assists, 3.8 rbs and 1.5 steals a game in 37 minutes.
Overview: (from draftexpress.com) A lightning quick point guard who is still trying to recapture the individual and team success that he experienced as a collegiate at UNC, and made him a top 5 pick. Won an NCAA championship at UNC as a junior in 2005. His quickness, strength, and explosiveness are ideal even by NBA standards, though his physical stature is only average. Has quickly become a quality NBA point guard, and has the potential to get even better.
Defensive Description: (from draftexpress.com) A great ball hawk, pressuring his man the entire length of the floor and being a general nuisance when his man has the ball. Great lateral quickness. His ability to jump into passing lanes allows him to create some turnovers, though he tends to avoid taking unnecessary risks. A smart defender considering his experience level, and much of his ability can be contributed to his time at North Carolina. Shows a willingness to go after long rebounds, but would just as soon get ready to receive an outlet pass. Size will always be a hindrance in this area, though, as opposing guards can easily see the floor and get shots off against him.

What do you think?

the portable man

Benchwarmer
hes lightning quick when it comes to jacking up bricks

hes horrible, inefficient, stats suck for 37mpg

where is that bio from cuz hes one of the slower PGs in the league, has to work much harder to score or get past his man cuz of his sluggish physical aptitude

oh and he shoots 39%, threads and posts always leave this out.....puke

portable relax, his stats for 37 mins a gm are top hemisphere all nba wise. There are only 8 pgs in the league, you figure out who they are who put up better numbers, and sessions, duhon, and nate arent any of them.

I would love to have this guy ( bobcats) withstanding run our offense if we have some serious players around him.

I mean

if duhon played with lebron and amare he wouldnt be 11-7 he would be 10 and 11.

felton would be 13-11

We dont need a chris paul and dwill like every one seems to complain enough for, we just need a raymond felton type.

if you cant see the writing on the wall

then i dunno what more we can do for you

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
If Donnie was too tight to sign on Sessions, then why would he sign on Felton? I'm sure Felton would be asking even more....

I hope that TD has proven his worth and impressed The Don enough that he's satisfied to make do.

I dont think anything that we currently have is enough to impress the don, which is exactly why he wont resign, extend, or over pay any of what we have or could have this particular summer.

and that is why he is a great GM, because he knows what it takes to put together a winning basketball team, and what we have now, and what was available this summer within our financial parameters didnt cut it

kudos to donnie for not pulling a false trigger on a temporary truthful solution, that would leave is damaged for another half decade, supported by aging declining talent at premium payola.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
I think we shouldn't sign Felton. Sessions is a much better pg from what I see. So if Donnie didn't want to sign Sessions, what makes you think that he would give Felton a contract, also do you even know much Felton would want, he's going to demand a lot of money and also I think we should give Douglas time to play. I think he's going to turn out to be a good PG. His defense and scoring ability gives him the potential to turn into a star player.

dan1608

Benchwarmer
hes horrible, inefficient, stats suck for 37mpg

Felton is a very good defender, which is what the Knicks need right now, defensively, they're ranked 26 out of 30 in the NBA.

The Knicks already have a good offense (4th in the league). So they can maintain. Remember, Felton is a point guard, he's supposed to have a good basketball IQ and create ideal plays, so he's not supposed to be a top scorer.

He's a quality point guard and is more skilled than most, he's also young and has room to improve.

You say Felton's stats are bad:

But Chris Duhon, the current Knicks PG also gets 37 minutes, his stats are 11 ppg, 7 asts, 3 rbs and 1 steal per game.

Last edited:
Agreed! Felton is much better than Duhon ever was or will be. He has a way better J than Sessions and his D is remarkably quick. As for his asking price... maybe he would be willing to take a pay cut considering he will be going to the greatest city in the world which is full of millions of dollars in endorsement deals. Plus, he has the opportunity to play with two superstars (which he can't do in Charlotte) Lets sign him!

dan1608

Benchwarmer
Raymond Felton was ranked 11th best point guard in the NBA by CBS sports. Ahead of Rajon Rondo, Ramon Sessions and Chris Duhon!

the portable man

Benchwarmer
i forgot to mention that he's another one of those pick & roll pg's

meaning he sucks off the dribble/1on1

and duhon shits on felton

for the price duhon is better, provides more assists and can shoot the 3 better

felton literally sucks balls, they barely go in

when he scores the entire crowd sighs in relief its disgusting to watch

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
i forgot to mention that he's another one of those pick & roll pg's

meaning he sucks off the dribble/1on1

and duhon shits on felton

for the price duhon is better, provides more assists and can shoot the 3 better

felton literally sucks balls, they barely go in

when he scores the entire crowd sighs in relief its disgusting to watch

You're forgetting he played for Larry Brown. the very antithesis for Mike D'Antoni. Brown makes your stats go DOWN, and you play a half court game instead of SSOL. Things would be VERY different here...

dan1608

Benchwarmer
39%

embarrassing

he makes crawford's shot selection look good wow
He's 41% from the field and his shot has been steadily improving. Plus, he has a consistent free thow shot, that is improving. He's a lot better offensively than the average point guard, he can score more in the same period of time than Duhon. You're also not taking defense into account, where Felton excells.

You also said that Felton's stats suck for 37 minutes, but Duhon plays 37 minutes and his stats are even lower, so you must think Duhon really sucks.

In addition, you complain about how you think Felton has a bad field goal percentage, Felton's percentage is 41% (not 39%, as you've previously asserted), Duhon's field goal percentage is 42%, so that arguement isn't even valid.

So you can just end your hypocritical rant.

Last edited:

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Raymond Felton was ranked 11th best point guard in the NBA by CBS sports. Ahead of Rajon Rondo, Ramon Sessions and Chris Duhon!

1)As much as i hate the celtics, felton is not better than rando. period. as for session he was a second round pick who have not played a major role in nba yet while felton is a lottery pick (#5 i think) hwo s on his 4th year in the nba. I could accept that felton is a bit better than duhon although i think they more like even, neither being more than a role or back up player on a good team.

2) as for the cbs sport statistics that s a big bs. they have mo williams at #4 ahead of deron williams at #9 and tony parker at #6 and also ahead of kidd and nash. they also have calderon at like #18 and he is better than felton and even mo williams.

dan1608

Benchwarmer
1)As much as i hate the celtics, felton is not better than rando. period. as for session he was a second round pick who have not played a major role in nba yet while felton is a lottery pick (#5 i think) hwo s on his 4th year in the nba. I could accept that felton is a bit better than duhon although i think they more like even, neither being more than a role or back up player on a good team.

2) as for the cbs sport statistics that s a big bs. they have mo williams at #4 ahead of deron williams at #9 and tony parker at #6 and also ahead of kidd and nash. they also have calderon at like #18 and he is better than felton and even mo williams.

I do agree that Rondo is better than Felton, I was actually suprised Felton was placed above him. But, Felton is better than Duhon, they are alike in many ways, although Felton is better at offense and a slightly better defender.

Jmeyreles

Rookie
Read a lot of good points here, but yea Felton is better then Duhon. The thing here is that for the price that we have Duhon he's doing great. Felton is going want a lot of money and his stats compare to Duhon's are a bit close. We should've signed Sessions though, but since D-Walsh didn't pull the trigger on Sessions he probably has a plan under his sleeves.