Manny Pac vs Miguel Cotto

metrocard

Legend
20z8w7m.jpg

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
LOL! Too bad Cotto's fans doesn't have the same class as he does. What a joke!

Pacquiao = The Greatest Boxer of ALL TIME

iSaYughh

Starter
Not a huge fan of Mayweather, but fighting Pacman would be epic on many levels. If anyone can beat Floyd's ass and put hm down it's Manny.

metrocard

Legend
LOL! Too bad Cotto's fans doesn't have the same class as he does. What a joke!

Pacquiao = The Greatest Boxer of ALL TIME

It was just a joke, I see your still a little sensitive fella.

Pacq is top twenty of all time, not greatest. I see you know as much about boxing as you do with basketball...LOL, I guess you feel empowered to be a dickrider over actually knowing or preforming in the sport. Mad lameness from you.

Congrats to Pac, and props to Cotto for be a warrior in there.

I'm amazing by Pac's kinetic energy he delivers into his punches.
This man has abnormal gastrocnemius muscles....very important muscles to have in punching.
I'm a trainer and I laugh at guys at the gym who spend 70% of their workouts on upper body, when most of your body is legs and back...and the bigger muscles are located in that area also.

Cotto in the 1st round boxed one of the greatest rounds in his life and dominated Pac...I don't know why he changed his game plan. His jab was good, but he didn't deliver any power punches, when he's supposely the stronger boxer.

Cotto has to seriously work on his uppercut arsenal and combinations. That one two punch shit is predictable and easy to beat.

Last night, Cotto couldnt beat Manny to the punch and even uneducated Pactards like lance were shocked at how Manny preformed.

Cotto showed a lot of heart during the fight and also a lot of CLASS after the fight. It's refreshing to see another great fighter that is a gentlemen, this is exactly what the boxing world needs.

BTW **** Philipinos, mad uneducated and homers....don't really know a damn thing about boxing or fighting. Just because Pac is from there doesnt make you a great boxer, because most pinoys would get murdered by an average Boricua, boxing is a religion in PR and you either start boxing, baseball, basketball at 4...with everyone taking up boxing as a primary or secondary sport. Dickrider charokee homosexuals like Lance just love to ride the dick, he would be lost in an actual boxing ring, LOL. (this is a cue for lance to come back here and rant and cry about how mean and bully I am, blah blah blah)

Sorry man, I can only respect fans who actually know the sport instead of be cheerleaders. I never doubted Pac, I just posted pics for laughs. The man is a top 10-20 boxer with potential to be top 5 if he defeats Mayweather.

Definately this fight has brought me back tho...Cotto was my dude, I don't know how he's going to come back from taking two beatings like that by Pac and Antonio.

clumsy

Rotation player
First off Manny did not take it easy. He was hurt in the early rounds. I've been watching boxing for years and even boxed in my college days...trust me he took mad damage, the most damage he's even taken in the ring. Cotto is a beast and manny kept on guarding his face and was getting pummelled in the adomnen/ribs. Why do you think Manny started off slow...he was respecting Cotto's power like f*** and for the first time in a long time was fighitng a counter punching style, Cotto I think respected Manny too much...because like i said in another thread, i'm not sure about his killer instinct...He seriously had manny hurt in the 2nd round i think and should have picked up the intensity. Cotto has a granite chin and i'm sure he could have withstanded an exchange at the beginning. Cotto was winning the 1st half until his eye opened up.

Once cotto was cut (which is how i predicted why he lost) Manny's strategy was clear....he kept strafing and aimed for the left side of his face to open a combo every time due to the delayed reaction by the cut. The difference in the fight was the cut...and add to the fact Manny can use both hands, once he hit Cotto from the left he would let go of his hands and hit everywhere. Trust if this was an easy fight Manny woulda been able to get him outta there. Manny fought cautious even tho he was winning...so even when Cotto was hurt in the later rounds, he tried not to exchange punches....when is the last time you seen Manny be patient?

I was wrong about Manny having faster hand speed it was dead even. He also did not have as much power as Cotto just listen to sound when trading punches...he just fought a way smarter fight i think. This is Manny's greatest win of his career in my opinion...

All in all I have to say i think Cotto's biggest weakness is that he was born with distinct eye bones....it causes him to bleed all the time...it is a shame because he is a great fighter and deserved a shot with Mayweather. This was the best fight i watched this year tho in terms of excitement.

Last edited:

clumsy

Rotation player
oh yah I will clearly state that i'm a slightly biased Pac fan cuz i'm asian....but since i know the sport, i'm really not sure if he can beat Mayweather..

This fight showed me that Manny's power is WAY overrated. De La Hoya even said that his punches do not hurt.....Cotto was not hurt by the Knockdowns and was able to recover, he just took many flurries once he couldn't see. DLH was too slow to do anything about it.

Manny is also not elite fast at this weight not nearly as fast as May. It is quite possible that this was the easiest fight of the 3 possible because Cotto is prone to getting cut, and he just stands in there with you. Not sure if he beats May and the Philly style defense.

LeFlume

All Star
Cotto lost this fight before it was even fought. Team Pacman have superior corner. This was just another master game plan created by Freddie Roach. Cotto's cut had nothing to do with the outcome. Team Pacman is smarter than everybody else and Manny have total trust in Freddie.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Theres nothing more that I want to see is Pac beat the crap out of Maryweather.The guy is all mouth and to me he has yet to beat a quality fighter! All of his fights are no name fights or fighting a boxer that is clearly on the downside of their career.He is a joke and all he does is runs runs runs in his fights.If you want to be a fighter then fight! If you want to run then join a relay team.

clumsy

Rotation player
Mayweather talks mad trash but if you can't see Mayweathers enormous talent you are crazy...best defensive fighter i ever seen. He took almost 0 hits to the face vs. Marquez, absorbed everything with his elbows. I don't mind him running his mouth, i think he's stupid in a funny kind of way.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Mayweather talks mad trash but if you can't see Mayweathers enormous talent you are crazy...best defensive fighter i ever seen. He took almost 0 hits to the face vs. Marquez, absorbed everything with his elbows. I don't mind him running his mouth, i think he's stupid in a funny kind of way.

Im not crazy! Im just writing what I think about the guy and thats it.There are fans out there who likes boxers like Maryweather,but im not one of them.If running away from your opponent during a fight means you are the best defensive fighter ever then hell I could do that.He has'nt faced nobody but old fighters thats clearly on the downside of their career.Until he faces a great fighter thats in his prime and beats them then he can say he has done something.Until then he mize well shut his mouth b/c he has'nt accomplished nothing in the ring.

clumsy

Rotation player
Have you ever boxed? Do you realize how difficult it is to pull off the philly shell?

There is a good chance manny won't land anything substantial to May and get counterpunched cleanly all night. At the same time i can also see that May could not be able to handle the 4 or 5 punch combinations. I want to see this fight....tho i think it would be crazier if they had a super six with the best welters...

clumsy

Rotation player
But you know that would never happen....

I can see may losing a couple of those fights so he would never partake in it.

Pac is about to retire so he wouldn't want to risk the giant payday vs. may either.

Too bad i wanna see mosely fight more.

Paul1355

All Star
i really thought Cotto was going to win and upset people...boxing is too obvious these days...the favorite always wins now...no under dogs coming out victorious.

guess its Manny Pac vs Mayweather...the fight of all fights for this decade.

KingCharles34

All Star
i have never seen a fighter like manny that can move up all that weight as well as he has, i really enjoyed the beatings he put on those chumps de la hoya and hatton.

Cotto is still a great fighter to me, hes got as much heart as anyone else and hes a true warrior. Hes also a great person away from boxing, i hope to see him continue his career and hopefully get a rematch with margacheato...margacheato aint beatin cotto without that shit in his gloves.

And I think Mayweather can beat Pacqaiuo...dont quote me on that though, but i think hes a much more skilled fighter. He will be a hard target for pacman and probably will counter him alot...I used to not like mayweather but he his skill won me over as a fan. Ill be rooting for him but if Pacman wins, im cool with that. I like both of them.

Paul1355

All Star
Pacquio has to start out guns blazing

i have never seen a fighter like manny that can move up all that weight as well as he has, i really enjoyed the beatings he put on those chumps de la hoya and hatton.

Cotto is still a great fighter to me, hes got as much heart as anyone else and hes a true warrior. Hes also a great person away from boxing, i hope to see him continue his career and hopefully get a rematch with margacheato...margacheato aint beatin cotto without that shit in his gloves.

And I think Mayweather can beat Pacqaiuo...dont quote me on that though, but i think hes a much more skilled fighter. He will be a hard target for pacman and probably will counter him alot...I used to not like mayweather but he his skill won me over as a fan. Ill be rooting for him but if Pacman wins, im cool with that. I like both of them.
I think both fighters are known as the best pound for pound in the world.

Mayweather would show signs of vulnerability but his opponents were never smart enough to utilize a certain weakness all out during the fight, then Mayweather would pick apart his opponent and just out box him.

If Pacquio wants to beat Mayweather then he has to go after him early on and weaken his confidence in anyway. Mayweather just gets better as a fight goes on and gains confidence and lands more punches round after round. His game is longevity and Pacquio has to KO him and end his rule as champ.