The Blueprint 3

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
...possibly the best rap album of 09?

Has anyone copped it yet?

What are your fav tracks from the album? Me, personally, are Venus vs. Mars, and Empire State of Mind.

JayJ44

Starter
I didn't listen to all of the tracks, listened to a couple of them on youtube. I didn't really like it. Honestly, it sounded a lot like any of the other crap out now. Maybe I'm just spoiled from listening to Jay-Z from his Reasonable Doubt days, but I don't really like the album. I kinda like Already Home, that's about it. DOA was alright too.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
I didn't listen to all of the tracks, listened to a couple of them on youtube. I didn't really like it. Honestly, it sounded a lot like any of the other crap out now. Maybe I'm just spoiled from listening to Jay-Z from his Reasonable Doubt days, but I don't really like the album. I kinda like Already Home, that's about it. DOA was alright too.

I get what you're trying to say. I personally say, its the best rap album of 09, cause honestly, did ANYTHING good come out this year? I don't think so. I love RD, and i don't this is bad whatsoever.

I give Jay props just cause he realizes that autotune is wayyyy overused. I am dissapointed he did not have Nas, but i'm happy he didn't have Lil Wayne.

Overall I give it a 7.5 out of 10..which is very hard to find these days...

johnstarky

Rotation player
The first Jay-Z album in which he is not on the cover.

Ten albums and over twenty two million records sold for Jay-Z, I doubt that this album fails to sell more than a million units.

What more can the guy accomplish? He is one of the most accomplished rappers, he owns clothing companies,basketball teams, and is married to one of the best looking women in the music industry.And he didn't even need a high school diploma to do all of these things.

He is probably the only guy that feels more threatened by record executives than he is by people from his old hood.

Paul1355

All Star
The first Jay-Z album in which he is not on the cover.

Ten albums and over twenty two million records sold for Jay-Z, I doubt that this album fails to sell more than a million units.

What more can the guy accomplish? He is one of the most accomplished rappers, he owns clothing companies,basketball teams, and is married to one of the best looking women in the music industry.And he didn't even need a high school diploma to do all of these things.

He is probably the only guy that feels more threatened by record executives than he is by people from his old hood.

If Biggie, Pac, Big Pun and Big L didn't pass away then Jay Z would still be looking up to these guys. Jay Z accomplished more than he was suppose to because he really had no competition once the huge names of rap died...thankfully Nas is still here. And we all remember when Nas and Jay Z went at it....Nas killed him.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Totally agree with you Paul, I don't remember anything major in the earlier part of this decade. But Jay is great. RD will always e a classic, hell, i even like some of his new stuff.

There are gems hidden in this "modern rap". We just gotta look REAL hard to find em.

Best Hip-hop album of 09
And that says alot about this generation of music.

This would be a 3 in 1996, but a 7.5 now. When it comes to anything he's put out after the Black Album, it's been hit or miss. This, is a hit. A small, above average for this era yet wayyy below average, if this were 1996, hit.

I think BP3 is a decent album, clearly others here don't think so. Oh well, we can still listen to the classics. Nothings stopping us from doing that.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
If Biggie, Pac, Big Pun and Big L didn't pass away then Jay Z would still be looking up to these guys. Jay Z accomplished more than he was suppose to because he really had no competition once the huge names of rap died...thankfully Nas is still here. And we all remember when Nas and Jay Z went at it....Nas killed him.

word that one song "ether" murdered jay-z lmao, second best diss record ever behind only hit em up

about the album i listened to a couple of songs here and there, but i really like we made history its real good, but hes past his prime and it seems to me like his aim just just to make decent records to sell, i mean he's already proven himself so he doesnt see the need to make an all out album which i dont like and thats why lupes the best in the game right now dude got the skill and hunger to be the best out there

johnstarky

Rotation player

Though I use to be such a big fan of Jay-Z when I was in my teens I never really understood the hype that surrounded him.IMHO Nas, Jada, Redman,Canibus and Eminem would all beat Jay-Z in a one on one rap battle.I'm not denying Jay-Z's talent or discrediting his success but rap music has been watered down so much that writing down good lyrics won't automatically make a person a successful rapper.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Johnstarky, thats just how rap is today....no more heart in the midst of things..

Look at 50 Cent. To a certain extent, you can compare him to Jay-Z.
Wanna know why? His first mainstream release was basically a young, hungry kid wanting more. Seem familiar doesn't it? and 50 was actually decent in 03. Jay-z was a beast in 95/96.

But as the years went on he got more and more paper and cared less about his music.

Thats the sad thing about music today, you can make one successful album and work your ass off on that one album, and once people recognize you you don't care anymore. 50's recent album was pure garbage, but it still sold. Why? Cause it's 50 Cent.

At least the Blueprint 3 is an average album....

I think Kid Cudi's album might be good btw. But hey, in the world where Billboard dominants, dont count on anything on the radio being good.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
the more i listen to the album the sicker it is its a really good album he did a good job on it and i give em props for it, he put his heart in the music and it shows

im about to buy the album thats how sick it is

i like forever young, star is born, empire state of mind

i give the album an 8.2, dudes easily a legend

johnstarky

Rotation player
Johnstarky, thats just how rap is today....no more heart in the midst of things..

Look at 50 Cent. To a certain extent, you can compare him to Jay-Z.
Wanna know why? His first mainstream release was basically a young, hungry kid wanting more. Seem familiar doesn't it? and 50 was actually decent in 03. Jay-z was a beast in 95/96.

But as the years went on he got more and more paper and cared less about his music.

Thats the sad thing about music today, you can make one successful album and work your ass off on that one album, and once people recognize you you don't care anymore. 50's recent album was pure garbage, but it still sold. Why? Cause it's 50 Cent.

At least the Blueprint 3 is an average album....

I think Kid Cudi's album might be good btw. But hey, in the world where Billboard dominants, dont count on anything on the radio being good.

I thought that 50 Cent was at his best 10 years ago until he got shot in the face and started to sound different in his songs.From the time that he was shot multiple times all the way until he was signed by Eminem he was basically one of those rappers that you would find appearing on other people's songs and you would find on the 5 dollar mix tape.It was his song Wangsta that caught the attention of mostly every hip hop fan that resided in the inner cities.The catchy instrumental and the repetitive chorus of the song changed his entire status in less than a couple of months.He went from being a third string rapper, who was once compared to Mase, to being compared with rappers like the Notorious Big and Tupac.

The only reason why I brought into the hype of 50 cent was because he was signed to Shady records and he had some personal animosity towards hip hop music's Cookie Monster.I couldn't stand Ja Rule, Ashanti and everybody that was associated with the Murder Inc record label.I remember rushing from school to the music store just to be one of the first persons to buy 50 Cent's "Get Rich or Die Trying" album.I wanted to be a part of rap music history since I was too young to follow Gangsta rap back in the early 90's.The album was put together very well in such a short period of time.Even though 50 cent rhymed the word Good with the word Hood in just about every track the beats were bass friendly and it was the best rap album that year.I never brought another 50 cent album after that one.

It's very difficult to compare the beginning of Jay-Z's career to the beginning of 50 cent's career since they both became well known in two different eras of rap music.In my opinion, Reasonable Doubt was Jay-Z's best album.Most of this current generation of Jay-Z followers started listening to him around the early 00's and probably never listened to songs such as Brooklyn's finest or Dead Presidents.Even though Jay-Z was consistently making albums on a yearly basis I thought that he sold out after the movie "State Property".He kind of fell into oblivion after that and it lead me to start looking at him as just another overachieving rapper.

Kid Cudi seems like a decent rapper but I also doubt that he will receive the same kind of praise that Lil Wayne and Soulja boy receive.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
Just learned that Jay Z is definetly spreading Mason/and or Satanic symbols with his hand signs and lyrics...Lucifer...pyramid hand signs? You serious Jay? I'm never listening to Jay Z again...i never thought he was that good anyways....when I was into Jay i only liked him in the mid 90's when he rapped with Big L

M&M's

Rookie
We all know Lupe Fiasco is the best rapper out there as of right now. First first two albums Food and Liquor and The Cool are instant classics.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Empire state of mind??? :lol:
Really? :lol:

Damn jay is still on nas' tip

Haven't heard the album, don't plan to. When teenage girls are in love with a rap album it means its effin wack.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Empire state of mind??? :lol:
Really? :lol:

Damn jay is still on nas' tip

Haven't heard the album, don't plan to. When teenage girls are in love with a rap album it means its effin wack.

LMAO Sly at least listen to the instrumentals...thats what makes the album..if it was purely based on lyricism, well, ehhh.

I also like the song Already Home feat. Cudi. The lyrics are wack, but the beat is amazing.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
LMAO Sly at least listen to the instrumentals...thats what makes the album..if it was purely based on lyricism, well, ehhh.

I also like the song Already Home feat. Cudi. The lyrics are wack, but the beat is amazing.

Shouldn't it be about the lyrics tho??

Basically you're saying that the people that made the beats should collaborate and make their own album. Lmao, if producers would do that, they would be the ones making most of the money.

Streets, the thing is I don't want to corrupt my lyrically gifted mind :cool: :lol: I listen to masterpiece rap songs, don't want to fukk up my thought process by hearing a wack album :lol:

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Shouldn't it be about the lyrics tho??

Basically you're saying that the people that made the beats should collaborate and make their own album. Lmao, if producers would do that, they would be the ones making most of the money.

Streets, the thing is I don't want to corrupt my lyrically gifted mind :cool: :lol: I listen to masterpiece rap songs, don't want to fukk up my thought process by hearing a wack album :lol:

Lol, son, i get what you're trying to say, but i don't think it really matters. If your thought process is as lyrical and gifted as you say it is, then it wouldn't matter. For example, if i went to a party and all the DJs played was "shawty fiya burnin on da dance floooor" i'd still go home and listen to Sugar Hill by AZ or something. The party music wouldn't affect me at all. However, the music I love does. Ha, but whatever, do what you want.

JayJ44

Starter
I just heard Empire State of Mind. Alicia Keys made the song alright. Her hook was really nice. But Jay's verses on the song kinda sucked. Too bad, so close...

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Don't know why people hate Jay-z. I've been listening to his album for the past 2-3 weeks and i just can't get enough of it. In my opinion is the best blueprint of them all, almost as good as the black album.

do i consider it a classic? NO DOUBT!