Sad Display by NBA's King Michael Jordan

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
I saw him being inducted. I laughed when he brought up Leroy and Russell, but afterwards i realized he was just being a little too cocky. I didn't know he flew Leroy Smith in just to bash him.

And, especially when he said the Bulls organization didnt play with the flu in Utah or played with a broken ankle...selfish move man. For once, i felt sorry for the Bulls organization. I'd feel offended if I were them.

He said he had much love for John Starks and Patrick Ewing, and he respected those Knick and Heat teams he faced because they had heart, so I'm ok with that I guess..

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Yahoo also ripped Peter Vecsey's HOF speech as a seemingly drunken rant. The NBA should have speech writers prepare their speeches so they don't embarass themselves.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
yep... shit speech...narcisism isn't the right approach even in hindsight of the NBAs best career.

He just reeled off scenario after scenario of him being right and others being wrong....

John Stockton's speech was all class...

Jordan's was the complete opposite.

Asimov

Benchwarmer
Jordan made the Knicks his b*tch for all these years. He can say whatever the hell he wants. Yep, he's an asshole, but whoever said you had to be a nice guy

I watched it in its entirety on NBATV last night, and truly I thought it was pretty funny, he was breaking balls; I felt it was light and relaxed, he didnt condemn any one just busted their chops a lil. People gotta stop letting the media and the writers control what they think, Jordan was the best and was always a class act on and off the court. The only player or coach to every truly hate Jordan was Zeke who as a character is no one to take heed to, and Van Gundy; who literally hates any one who isnt on his team and some who are. I am not going to be blind sided by the medias reenactment of a funny laid back speech where the best player to ever lace up a pair of kicks poked fun at a few players and coaches who honesty I feel Jordan thought were friends of his.

Jordan was the best, be blessed we got to see him play.

Mr.Nine

Rookie
There was nothing wrong with his speech, it was hilarious. I'm sure that all of his guests know his personality and understand his jokes. The point of his speech was to face fear and challenges. He was thanking them directly/indirectly for challenging & motivating him to become a better player. He gave a "behind-the-scenes" look at some of stories or situations that everyone is familiar of seeing/hearing. Media hatred is the worse.