Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #1 Priority this Year = Trade Nate Robinson

Hybrid View

Default #1 Priority this Year = Trade Nate Robinson

Nate is an undersized NBA player with big heart. Nate has reached his apex and every summer he calms down to distribute the ball and once the season starts he cannot control his emotions.

Nate doesn't listen to instruction well and will not enjoy playing only 12 minutes a game. His speed & strength can only diminish from here on out and without his athethic abilities he is not a good player.

Does he have a year or 2 left in his body? Sure, but it would make more more sense to package him out to a team that wants a boost and for the Knicks to rebuild the backcourt.

2010 should bring in a 2 guard. Nate can't shoot consistently like a derek fisher, nor can he can't the ball like Tony Parker. This leaves take as the first 5 ft 8 tweener.

I really was that dissappointed with missing out with Sessions because he isn't that great. Sure our team needs good guard play, but we don't want to waste dollars right now.

Nate will be moved, if not, he won't be a Knick next season.

Sure, we would all like to trade for a big name player, or move Curry/Jefferies contract, but reasonably we need to use Nate as the bargain chip while we have a chance.

WE would all like Lee to stay and we will try to keep him but Nate we can do without, especially after we got everything we could out of Nate already.

peace.

rt

Originally Posted by richtree
    Nate is an undersized NBA player with big heart. Nate has reached his apex and every summer he calms down to distribute the ball and once the season starts he cannot control his emotions.

Nate doesn't listen to instruction well and will not enjoy playing only 12 minutes a game. His speed & strength can only diminish from here on out and without his athethic abilities he is not a good player.

Does he have a year or 2 left in his body? Sure, but it would make more more sense to package him out to a team that wants a boost and for the Knicks to rebuild the backcourt.

2010 should bring in a 2 guard. Nate can't shoot consistently like a derek fisher, nor can he can't the ball like Tony Parker. This leaves take as the first 5 ft 8 tweener.

I really was that dissappointed with missing out with Sessions because he isn't that great. Sure our team needs good guard play, but we don't want to waste dollars right now.

Sure, we would all like to trade for a big name player, or move Curry/Jefferies contract, but reasonably we need to use Nate as the bargain chip while we have a chance.

WE would all like Lee to stay and we will try to keep him but Nate we can do without, especially after we got everything we could out of Nate already.

peace.

rt
    What the hell are you talking about

Nate robinson is an elite level athlete.
    A man of his athletic ability and physical build does not begin to fade in his 5th season physically. He has no nagging injuries, and just came off a career year, where he not only jumped over dwight howards back but was up for the 6th man of the year award competing with players like jason terry who could start on any team in the league. Now while I feel that his height effects his game and yes his attitude is inconsistent, the fact that your saying he is at the peak of his game is ridiculous and you have only nonsensical opinions to stand on. Nate will continue to get better mainly because he has all the ability in the world and loves the game of basketball, and is probably top 5 in the league as far as athleticism is concerned. There were so many games last season the knicks were either out of, or on the verge of blowing that nate would take over down the stretch and hit big shot after big shot. At no point on any time in this league will he ever average 12 minutes a game not for the knicks, not even if he came off the bench for the lakers or celtics. He can put the ball in the basket, and causes havoc for any opposing defense. When he puts his mind to it, he is a sure handed defender himself who just tapped into his true potential last year, and will continue to improve being that he is only 25. If there is a legitimate player that we can trade him for I am all for it, but if he is willing ( like he seems to have hinted) that he will not ask for an incredible amount of cash to remain a knick for his career, than affordability plus productivity I am all for keeping him around for many years to come. Not many bench players put up his numbers..

in fact almost none.

Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    What the hell are you talking about

Nate robinson is an elite level athlete.
    A man of his athletic ability and physical build does not begin to fade in his 5th season physically. He has no nagging injuries, and just came off a career year, where he not only jumped over dwight howards back but was up for the 6th man of the year award competing with players like jason terry who could start on any team in the league. Now while I feel that his height effects his game and yes his attitude is inconsistent, the fact that your saying he is at the peak of his game is ridiculous and you have only nonsensical opinions to stand on. Nate will continue to get better mainly because he has all the ability in the world and loves the game of basketball, and is probably top 5 in the league as far as athleticism is concerned. There were so many games last season the knicks were either out of, or on the verge of blowing that nate would take over down the stretch and hit big shot after big shot. At no point on any time in this league will he ever average 12 minutes a game not for the knicks, not even if he came off the bench for the lakers or celtics. He can put the ball in the basket, and causes havoc for any opposing defense. When he puts his mind to it, he is a sure handed defender himself who just tapped into his true potential last year, and will continue to improve being that he is only 25. If there is a legitimate player that we can trade him for I am all for it, but if he is willing ( like he seems to have hinted) that he will not ask for an incredible amount of cash to remain a knick for his career, than affordability plus productivity I am all for keeping him around for many years to come. Not many bench players put up his numbers..

in fact almost none.

You talk so adamantly about numbers. Are these the same numbers that made Chris Duhon assist total on par with some of the top point guards in the league? In this system the numbers are inflated and you speak of the many games Nate came off the bench (when we are losing) to help inflate his numbers even more. Our lack of another scoring guard also contributed to Nate's infated numbers. Granted this system is good for him and he will get some steals in transition but that doesn't equal wins. Marbury's numbers were better but he got ran out of town for playing a better version of what Nate Robinson is doing now. Nate won't be cheap after this season and that is the major problem. Comparing him to Jason Terry is a joke. Terry is older and still a much better player. He shoots 32% from 3pt range and for a man with all this atheltic ability he doesn't create shots for others, (only for himself). If we could keep him for cheap, great, but that isn't going to happen. Trade him and try to package a contract ASAP, because if we wait to far into the season no team will give us anything of value back.

Trading Curry is WAY more important man...

Veteran

peace.

rt

Are u serious.....

haha i cant believe trading nate comes before

hughes
    curry
    jefferies
    lee

i say lee because lee wants so much more money than nate.

these guys are cash clowns that must be dealt with accordingly.

Honestly, trading Nate is probably our last priority. He's cheap and he's a great scorer. Don't get me wrong, if were able to package him with Curry in a trade for expiring contracts for example, I would do it in a heartbeat. But I don't see any reason to actively try to trade Nate.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

i love nate and i want him to remain a knick but i feel Douglass will be a better NBA player and i could see douglass potentially win 6th man he has alot of game and watching him in summer league i saw it .

Losing Nate is not inevitable once he hits free agency. I agree that he's our best bargaining chip to trade Curry & or Jeffries, and it would be safer to try and trade him before a potential walk.

But he's definitely not a trade priority.

Umm. We have to sign Nate and Lee before we can trade them.

Seriously though, trading Lee and Nate should be considered. If we sign them, they're 1 year rentals. We can't afford to retain their Bird Rights so we might as well try and get rid of Curry and Jeffries or at least get some young talent for the future.

Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    haha i cant believe trading nate comes before

hughes
    curry
    jefferies
    lee

i say lee because lee wants so much more money than nate.

these guys are cash clowns that must be dealt with accordingly.
    Why is Hughes a priority? His contract has no 2010 implications, he is our best SG -in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king-, and he is probably our best perimeter defender.

Mike Dantoni's system has made worst players than Hughes look solid -Q Richardson (w/ The Suns), Jimmy Jackson (passed his prime), Tim Thomas.- so there is plenty of reason to think that there is hope for Hughes to play well for us.

Three clutch FT's to help us beat Detroit at home and 39 pts just a game before that. He came to us after sitting 16 straight games (4 weeks worth of action) he played hurt for a couple of games too!

I don't expect a return to the All Star game for him, but he should look pretty good for us

Default Do not agree with this

The only thing I agree with is that Nate can't control with his emotions, that he won't be satisfied playing 12 min a game, and that he will onyl play one more year....

Fact is that he willl play more than 12 min a game, Mike D and the staff is tired of Nate being a baby so they won't tolerate his rants, and Nate having only two years left?? or something of that nature as if saying he is a washed up player...this guys can jump over 4 feet...he will be around for a while.

His shot has developed tremendously...he should just drive to the hoop and draw as many fouls as possible to be a level up. He has to play like Dwayne Wade..little guys get the foul calls, especially with A+ athletic effort of always driving towards the basket.

Nate can be a starter on most teams, as long as he is consistent which is his main flaw.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    The only thing I agree with is that Nate can't control with his emotions, that he won't be satisfied playing 12 min a game, and that he will onyl play one more year....

Fact is that he willl play more than 12 min a game, Mike D and the staff is tired of Nate being a baby so they won't tolerate his rants, and Nate having only two years left?? or something of that nature as if saying he is a washed up player...this guys can jump over 4 feet...he will be around for a while.

His shot has developed tremendously...he should just drive to the hoop and draw as many fouls as possible to be a level up. He has to play like Dwayne Wade..little guys get the foul calls, especially with A+ athletic effort of always driving towards the basket.

Nate can be a starter on most teams, as long as he is consistent which is his main flaw.
    You're on point with this one.

Only a hater would talk **** about an up and coming star like nate. He played well for our knicks!!! Support the lil' mofo

I am not questioning Nate's effort. He plays hard.

Nate is the only way we are going to ship out a big contract. Lee would have to be a sign and trade for the next team.

Nate is going to come down to 3 issues:

1 -- he will leave via free agency

2 -- he will want too much money to stay a Knick and probably Longterm

3 -- if we don't trade him early we risk losing our bargaining power.

So, Nate must go or else we have to find a way to do something in a 3 way deal to dump contracts.

I am not questioning Nate's effort. He plays hard.

Nate is the only way we are going to ship out a big contract. Lee would have to be a sign and trade for the next team.

Nate is going to come down to 3 issues:

1 -- he will leave via free agency

2 -- he will want too much money to stay a Knick and probably Longterm

3 -- if we don't trade him early we risk losing our bargaining power.

So, Nate must go or else we have to find a way to do something in a 3 way deal to dump contracts.
    You completely changed your train of thought here. First it was "N8" is going to slow down. Now it is "He is our only chance to get rid of our big worthless contracts." What is it then? If your last statement is true, our priority isn't shipping N8. It is only a bitter pill we'll have to swallow if we want to move ahead as far our real No. 1 priority is concerned: moving Eddy Curry's contract.