Thread: Monta Ellis to ask for trade?

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Default Monta Ellis to ask for trade?

"According to someone in his camp, Monta Ellis may soon request that the Warriors trade him.
    On media day Monday, Ellis said emphatically that a backcourt tandem of he and Stephen Curry cannot work. "

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I like this i think walsh should go after him, D'Antoni will no doubt bring the best out of him and Ellis is young and his best years are ahead of him, he has all-star potential and would be a great second option and bargaining chip to getting a superstar in 2010

Do it Donnie

Stephen Curry to the KNICKS!

No way. We don't need another SG in a PGs body. And a scoring PG with a career 28.7% 3pt avg to boot. No thanks.

Besides, he has a large, long contract. No way Donnie goes for this. After this past offseason what makes you think Donnie would add another cent to the 2010 cap space?

Sorry, there is no way this is happening...and that's good.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    No way. We don't need another SG in a PGs body. And a scoring PG with a career 28.7% 3pt avg to boot. No thanks.

Besides, he has a large, long contract. No way Donnie goes for this. After this past offseason what makes you think Donnie would add another cent to the 2010 cap space?

Exactly...Nothing more need be said.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

me like how Monta plays!!!... but me dont like his contract (nor Stephen Jackson who also wants to run away from Nellie)

Definitely not worth risking our 2010 cap space and knowing Donnie, he probably has GSW phone number blocked right now.

I would trade Curry for Monta if by the trade deadline we have not traded Curry.

Think about it, his salary would effect the 2010 plan just as much as still having Curry on the books would and he would fill the void of starting SG and go to scorer.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

well we could have all the cap in the world but if we dont have a squad with a player who can step up and be a mo williams or gasol or even an odom none of these guys will want to come here and team up with Duhon loll

we gotta give to get so im all for this, of course we gotta get rid of Curry or Jeffries

thread is over....if its a long contract then you know Donnie won't go for it.

What confuses me, is how does a lottery team have a coach who has that much control over an organization for not winning basketball games. I respect Donnie Hall of famer no doubt, but what he has done with that team in the past 2 yrs is pathetic. Ran guys who got you into the second round just 3 seasons ago out like he was quarantining the bay area from any real winning talent. Then Sitting his starters every other game last year. Then drafting Curry knowing Monta was just signed for a long term deal. I dont get it. Stephen Jackson who is the last of a good core, I dont blame him for wanting to ship out. Donnie has lost it, and I think the upper management in golden state is either waiting for the players to make their point on the court and stop playing for him, or for Donnie to make his money and leave respectfully.

Banned

well we could have all the cap in the world but if we dont have a squad with a player who can step up and be a mo williams or gasol or even an odom none of these guys will want to come here and team up with Duhon loll I respect Donnie Hall of famer [link removed] no doubt, but what he has done with that team in the past 2 yrs is pathetic. Ran guys who got you into the second round just 3 seasons ago out like he was quarantining the bay area from any real winning talent. Then Sitting his starters every other game last year. Then [link removed] drafting Curry knowing Monta was just signed for a long term deal. I dont get it. Stephen Jackson who is the last of a good core, I dont blame him for wanting to ship out. Donnie has lost it, and I think the upper management in golden state is either waiting for the players to [link removed] make their point on the court and stop playing for him, or for Donnie to make his money and leave respectfully. we gotta give to get so im all for this, of course we gotta get rid of Curry or Jeffries
    Last edited by rady; Sep 30, 2009 at 14:54.

creative spamming... you're headed for a block dude
    Last edited by rady; Sep 30, 2009 at 14:55.

Why copy what I wrote and paste it, Im sad, I thought what I wrote was good and that guy dismantled it.

Originally Posted by bfab99
    Stephen Curry to the KNICKS!
    Jordan Hill + Tony Douglas + Wilson Chandler for Stephen Curry + Anthony Randolph.

Originally Posted by New New York
    I would trade Curry for Monta if by the trade deadline we have not traded Curry.

Think about it, his salary would effect the 2010 plan just as much as still having Curry on the books would and he would fill the void of starting SG and go to scorer.
    Umm. If we haven't traded Curry by the deadline how are we going to trade him after the deadline?

The problem is that Ellis' contract would also eat into 2011 and 2012 cap space.

Jordan Hill + Tony Douglas + Wilson Chandler for Stephen Curry + Anthony Randolph.

jajajajajajjaja

GSW will trade everyone else on that roster except those two (they also are against including Biedrins in any deal). Untouchable I tell you!!!

They may move Jack or Monta.. but no way in hell Donnie will go after those two unless they take back ECurry.

Umm. If we haven't traded Curry by the deadline how are we going to trade him after the deadline?

The problem is that Ellis' contract would also eat into 2011 and 2012 cap space.

Ummm what I said was really not that confusing, if by time the trade deadline rolls around we have not found an expiring deal for Curry, we trade him at the deadline for Monta