the Nate the Great and David "Double-Double Machine" Lee Love Thread

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Throughout the year, specially in the off-season, we've all been guilty of hating on Nate and David in some way, shape or form. So that's the reason for this thread. To show some love to the two most productive players we have.

Not just any love, I'm talking about "eddy curry/limo driver" type of love :lol:

So KO posters, start appreciating these Mofos!

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
To start off, I'm just glad both these guys were re-signed for this year. They're both valuable to our growth and maturation as a team.

JayJ44

Starter
I just wanna say, if Nate was 6'6, he would be better than Dwayne Wade. We've all seen him takeover games, and at times he really looks like a superstar. His height hinders him a lot: makes him less of of a defensive player, harder to get off shots, etc. But considering he's 5'9 (probably less) it's pretty amazing what he can get done on the court.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
I'm also glad to have these two back. Both have improved each year. Which shows that they have the will in them to get better and better. Lee is a really good player but he has to improve his defense. I really hope the team coordinators showed him what he can work on and we all know his work ethic, example free-throw shooting. He improved that and i believe he can improve his defense as well. Also he is going to be playing for a contract come next summer. Maybe that can drive him to be a better defender. Nate might end up bringing his stats up again this year. I'm just happy that he's playing with us and not against us. He is a player that can drop 10 points at the end of a game when we need it the most. Let's hope he matured enough this off-season and worry about the game and only the game. Again happy to see these two still in Knicks uniforms.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
im glad we got both of them i just hope we could retain both of them past this season they were part of our squad when we were in the bottom of the league and they deserve to be here when were back near the top, they are everythingthe knicks are about and thats hustle, heart and energy.

i hope we keep em both

TunerAddict

Starter
I just wanna say, if Nate was 6'6, he would be better than Dwayne Wade. We've all seen him takeover games, and at times he really looks like a superstar. His height hinders him a lot: makes him less of of a defensive player, harder to get off shots, etc. But considering he's 5'9 (probably less) it's pretty amazing what he can get done on the court.

And if he was 6'6" he'd lose the advantage that makes him hard to guard. He wouldn't be near his speed at 6'6" nor as elusive. He'd lose his ability to penetrate and would most likely settle for more jump shots because he'd be more able to shoot over people.

Just as much as his height hurts him it at the same time provides with a few advantages which seem to be the majority of his game.

JayJ44

Starter
And if he was 6'6" he'd lose the advantage that makes him hard to guard. He wouldn't be near his speed at 6'6" nor as elusive. He'd lose his ability to penetrate and would most likely settle for more jump shots because he'd be more able to shoot over people.

Just as much as his height hurts him it at the same time provides with a few advantages which seem to be the majority of his game.

Depends on how his skills would translate into a larger frame, I guess. But I still think the good outweighs the bad of being taller. He wouldn't be a liability on defense, he could have a post-up game. Maybe it's silly to talk about "what if" stuff like this since there are so many variables? Whatever.

CoolClyde

Dlee/n8

knicks_lee_nate.jpg

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
im glad we got both of them i just hope we could retain both of them past this season they were part of our squad when we were in the bottom of the league and they deserve to be here when were back near the top, they are everythingthe knicks are about and thats hustle, heart and energy.

i hope we keep em both

Yea I also hope we keep both of 'em past this season. Knicks management gotta show some loyalty. It can't just be about bringing a lot of free agents from other teams.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Yea I also hope we keep both of 'em past this season. Knicks management gotta show some loyalty. It can't just be about bringing a lot of free agents from other teams.
Agreed.

I rather keep both of them then got LeBron and Wade.Yeah, we need to get a player or two, but I'm loyal and also they always played as Knicks.I can't imagine either of them playing on any other team.I'm very happy they were signed.

CoolClyde

I rather keep both of them then got LeBron and Wade.Yeah, we need to get a player or two, but I'm loyal and also they always played as Knicks.I can't imagine either of them playing on any other team.I'm very happy they were signed.

that's just crazy talk. bad english too.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
that's just crazy talk.
Why?I'm not gonna want somebody on my team.......that I don't want on my team.I like my team beating those players.I never wanted Jordan to be on the Knicks.Also...with Wade, after all this wait to get somebody great, I don't want somebody who led the Heat to a championship (barf).

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Agreed.

Oh come on!? Seriously? Crack is bad.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I wouldn't be angered if either were signed, but honestly I don't want other team's stars.I rather draft a big time player and/or get someone such as Bosh.

Seriously, I think fans think more about certain players than the Knicks period.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only

Really? Did not know that :lol:

I believe that first we should build an above average team and THEN acquire good talent to solidify the team we have. Take it to the next level.

What happens if an "Orlando" scenario (hill + mcgrady) occurs??? Then we're fukked for another decade.