45-37

bfab99

Benchwarmer
I think many posters here are so used to the losing seasons of the past that they automatically think we win 24-29 games only LoL. They think this Knick team is still the same Knick team despite Lee (good player), Robinson (good player), Curry (doesn't even play), are the only players from the Isiah Thomas era. LoL

We going playoffs this season!

LeFlume

All Star
We don't have the talent nor the depth to pull out a winning season with this Knick team. . They will quit halfway thru and wait for the next season. Lee and Robinson will play for personal stats in hope to land the big bucks next season. Team Chemistry will be on an all time low by februari. Many of the players won't be here next year so they won't give a shit of team basketball. Personal stats are more important...

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
And we're probably 10th-12th best in the east alone.

Switching columns: 37 - 45 looks far less errant and far more realistic.

Fancy a bet?

Paul1355

All Star
I hope your right but the East has improved so I expect the best we can do is 40 wins...i still think that last year was an improvement because we never had a "team" because guys were coming in and out with trades. Now that we have a team that will stay, except for the possible trade of Eddy Curry and Jared Jeffries, I know Mike D will have our guys doing their best this year.

I expect more wins this year than last year but 45 wins might be too optimistic but I hope your right Derekharper.

I Dont know what I would want to pony up over KO, but I already staked 300 dollars total bets between friends that the knicks will win more than 43 games this year. I really feel they have so many pieces and a second year with mike D, and a healthy gallo, and a darko pluggin the middle to take the pressure off our perimeter. I dont think any one realizes how big of a deal not having Q rich throwing up air balls and hobbling down the court helps us. Gallo is double his worth, and Chandler will get more minutes. Hughes has a full training camp and I think will surprise every one. ANd having LEE and NAte in contract years, with playoff incentives I hope put up bigger and better numbers, The way this team is built LEE depends on every one else to get stats, and the more rebounds the better. Nate will look to score no matter what contractual situation he is in. I just really feel liek our defense cant get worse, and our offense will only get better. Therefore we will outscore about 55 percent of our opponents.

hence

45-37

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Phew $300.. Ballsy. I was going to propose something less hexy like:

1 rep point and the winner chooses the losers new avatar which the loser must maintain for the post and off-seasons. Regardless of how taboo it is. Just a bit of fun.

37-45

GetRealistic

Starter
Last year i said we'd win between 30-35 games and this year i'll say were going to win between 35-40 games.

I expect us to be better but 45-37 is probably a stretch but i hope your right, that means we'd only be giving Utah an average draft pick.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
You're either:

a.) delusional
b.) insane
c.) on serious drugs
d.) desperate for attention

Please don't be one of those ridiculous fans that has ridiculous expectations and then when disappointed at the end of the season calls for Donnie and D'Antoni to be fired. Everybody living in reality knows it's all about next year.

portega1968

El Cacique
Give me Reasons why we cant go 45-37

Make em legit.

Because I Am convinced we will

I believe they will post more than 40 wins, mainly because Gallo will be a nightmare for other teams and the environment has changed drastically from a year ago.

But, since you ask, to play devil's advocate, I can imagine the reasons thrown out there next April if we fail to make the playoffs:

1. Gallo injured or still needs more games to develop
2. too many young guys / lack of experience
3. No D in D'Antoni
4. selfish contract year players me first **** the team (Hughes/Harrington)
5. weak in the middle

So, Im hoping playoffs, but toning down my expectations

KnickfaninMA

Benchwarmer
I concur

Crazy 8's prediction looks to be more realistic. I thought the knicks would win 35-40 games last year, and I'm predicting the same this year. There have been no huge changes, other than Gallo possibly playing the whole year. 37-45 is also my prediction. That record could possibly get the Knicks the 8th seed and a playoff spot. Lets go Knicks!
:gony:

nyk_nyk

All Star
Crazy 8's prediction looks to be more realistic. I thought the knicks would win 35-40 games last year, and I'm predicting the same this year. There have been no huge changes, other than Gallo possibly playing the whole year. 37-45 is also my prediction. That record could possibly get the Knicks the 8th seed and a playoff spot. Lets go Knicks!
:gony:
I agree with your assessment. This team isn't going to take a huge jump like that in the win column. First of all, there is still no structure as far as the #1 or #2 option and so forth. This team is pretty much score by committee but during crunch time guys need to know what their roles are. This team still lacks good defense. Sure Nate and Lee were resigned but that didn't improve the team defense. I'm not gonna rely on Darko improving team defense since I hardly see him play. The rookies will get minimal playing time so I can't see them as being huge factors. Like you said, the team is pretty much the same. I see the team improving a bit but not enough to be a definite top 8 in the east. Not yet.

You're either:

a.) delusional
b.) insane
c.) on serious drugs
d.) desperate for attention

Please don't be one of those ridiculous fans that has ridiculous expectations and then when disappointed at the end of the season calls for Donnie and D'Antoni to be fired. Everybody living in reality knows it's all about next year.

Dude im neither, The knicks were literally like a play or two away last year from being 43-39. If you look at their games that they blew. about 10. and if you look at the games where q rich shot like 20 percent about 20. U factor in the times where D lee was in foul trouble guarding a 7 footer probably 15. and you say we improved in those areas I ahve my reasoning, while i wish it was drugs, I know its not insanity, I dont need attention from a bunch of dudes i dont know on a sports forum.

I believe in my heart they will go 45-37.

when it happens. Ill be sure to quote you again.

Paul1355

All Star
I Dont know what I would want to pony up over KO, but I already staked 300 dollars total bets between friends that the knicks will win more than 43 games this year. I really feel they have so many pieces and a second year with mike D, and a healthy gallo, and a darko pluggin the middle to take the pressure off our perimeter. I dont think any one realizes how big of a deal not having Q rich throwing up air balls and hobbling down the court helps us. Gallo is double his worth, and Chandler will get more minutes. Hughes has a full training camp and I think will surprise every one. ANd having LEE and NAte in contract years, with playoff incentives I hope put up bigger and better numbers, The way this team is built LEE depends on every one else to get stats, and the more rebounds the better. Nate will look to score no matter what contractual situation he is in. I just really feel liek our defense cant get worse, and our offense will only get better. Therefore we will outscore about 55 percent of our opponents.

hence

45-37

You made some good points...I agreed with everything you said from Q Rich being gone, Hughes getting a full camp, to the likely hood of Nate and Lee doing good due to higher contracts.

45 wins would be a huge improvement to everybody...we just have to stay healthy and play defense. We have scorers now and we lost the cold streak shooters like Crawford and Q Rich, which is a HUGE improvement.

johnstarky

Rotation player
I rarely disagree with any of your opinions but can we first watch the Knicks get past their remedial stage before we have them winning almost as many games as they did during the 95-96 season? Nobody wants to see the Knicks have a winning season more than I do but it's very difficult to believe that a team which has had 8 consecutive losing seasons will blow everybody out of the water by winning 13 more games this year.I don't even think that the Knicks had a season in which they increased their winning percentage by such a large margin during the Van Gundy era.The Eastern conference has been becoming more competitive throughout the last few years and the only way that this team is going to survive it is by improving their defense.The reason why they lost so many close games last year was because of the inability of their players to stop other team's superstars during crunch time.That's why you saw games in which the Knicks allowed Dwayne Wade to score 16 points in the 4th quarter,allowed Ray Allen to kill them behind the 3 point line,and let's not forget the game in which the media drooled all over Kobe Bryant scoring 60 points.I don't doubt that the Knicks will have a better record than 32-50 but unless they trade for Carmelo Anthony or Carlos Boozer I don't see them winning more than 40 games.

Last edited:

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Give me Reasons why we cant go 45-37

Make em legit.

Because I Am convinced we will

Lmao you finally made a thread about it. :lol: I saw that "45-37" in so many other threads.

Its good to hear the optimism. I also believe that we will have a good year. The main thing that the knicks have to do is remain consistent. Last year, we would play good against the tougher teams and then half-ass it against wack teams. Imagine how many more games we could have won if we would have stayed as focused as we were against the celtics. I would get hyped when we would win or lose a close one against a top team and then when we go up against toronto we would lose by 30...30?!?! SMFH

So if this year we can remain consistent in every game, we should have no problem getting to that 45-37 mark. Without question. Its up to the knicks to bring that intensity on the daily though.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
DONE! 37-45... All the way.

Though I wish you were right, I'm still going to love awarding you the most horrific man-sex avatar known to hominids and receiving my shiny green rep point.

Margins are going to have to be incurred though. Closest within 3 wins etc.

God I love winning and being right..

Ha haaaaaa

dre48ny

Rotation player
41-41 is my best bet. Many players are gonna play hard cause their contracts expire. (Not only Dlee and N8) I believe that they will gel a bit more since they had a whole offfseason together. Darko and the rookie will provide some presence in the front court. Don't know if 41-41 will make them playoff worthy but I think they will improve this season. Paving the way to a good free agent spending summer in 2010.