6th man
Robinson

back ups
Du hon
Hughes
Darko

pat

Starter
Just presuming Jeffries keeps up this type of performance during the season, would you mind resigning him (for a much lower salary, of course)?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Just presuming Jeffries keeps up this type of performance during the season, would you mind resigning him (for a much lower salary, of course)?

Screw that! We trade him the first chance we get. His cap relief this year is worth much more than what he brings to this team next year.

kingDOM312580

Benchwarmer
My lineup

Douglas 6"2
Chandler 6"8
Gallo 6"10
Harrington 6"9
Lee 6"9

6th man
Robinson

back ups
Du hon
Hughes
Darko

:agreed:
That's the lineup that makes the most sense, both from a competative stand point and the fact it gives our young core a chance to develop. What I like most is that we have some interchangeable parts, which will be great depending on which max player we sign.

I know it's still early but it's becoming clearer why the Knicks didn't sign Sessions. TD is starting to make the Knick brass look like geniuses. The 3 million they gave LA for the 29th pick is starting to look like chump change.

GO KNICKS

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Chandler beasted and was spectacular off the bench, he played great and provided lockdown d for us

and Douglas looks ready to play and produce for us right out of the gate hes much better defensively and his offensive game is alot better then duhons and i see him starting by seasons end, just until he picks up enough experience looks like he might be our long-term PG depending on what he could do this year

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Jeffries!!!! What the ****!? When did he decide to stop being retarded?

This team is a passing clinic... Some great execution and unselfish play. (against a crap team)

I love Tony D!!! New fav player.. Harrington still pisses me off.. Chandler is our best player this year..

Nice block Darko! Gallo is rounded on offense. Classy passer. Seems to habe lost some pace though?

By All Star Break:

1 Tony D
2 Willy C
3 Harrington
4 Lee
5 Darko (but limited minutes in the Lee, Hill, Jeffries, Curry rotation)

GO YOU MOTHER****ERS!!!!!!

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Man Toney Douglas hustled.Harrington hustled on defense as well.As everybody feels, Jeffries is quite the surprise LOL.

smokes

Huge Member
I don't know what to read into this. Last preseason we started well too and look where we ended up. Saying that our team this year looks to be playing hard and having fun.

For me the standouts last night were Gallo and TD. DLee, Chandler, Jefferies all put on good performances but you expect it from DLee and Chandler and Jefferies performance I'm gonna take with a pinch of salt.

Watching Gallo's dribble moves and those sweet handoffs to DLee was very impressive. He was stroking it from long range too which was great to see.

TD showed a lot more than in Summer League, he's obviously been working a lot and I really hope he's gonna get heavy minutes this year. At least with Duhon and Nate on the team there's no danger of wearing guys out like last year.

Also got to note that Chandler looks a lot better on the dribble and created a few of his own shots flawlessly, big improvement over last year.

Last edited:

Toons

is the Bo$$
cosign smokes...this is only preseason.
i think if we learn to win together, the playoffs cant miss us this year

It may have been just a preseason game but I thought the team showed a lof of promise last night. Harrington really looked good and I think he could emerge as a force this year. All in all it was the ideal start to the pre season, lets just hope they keep it up. Heres a link to the postgame interviews with D'Antoni and Harrington..... http://video.msg.com/Home/dNRAvNTVZuIfCzltM8r7svYsEEB9N21X<!-- m -->

I don't know what to read into this. Last preseason we started well too and look where we ended up. Saying that our team this year looks to be playing hard and having fun.

For me the standouts last night were Gallo and TD. DLee, Chandler, Jefferies all put on good performances but you expect it from DLee and Chandler and Jefferies performance I'm gonna take with a pinch of salt.

Watching Gallo's dribble moves and those sweet handoffs to DLee was very impressive. He was stroking it from long range too which was great to see.

TD showed a lot more than in Summer League, he's obviously been working a lot and I really hope he's gonna get heavy minutes this year. At least with Duhon and Nate on the team there's no danger of wearing guys out like last year.

Also got to note that Chandler looks a lot better on the dribble and created a few of his own shots flawlessly, big improvement over last year.

Dude haha, Last year we looked great in preseason, and then looked great to start the season

then trade our two leading scorers for role players.

I think its a bit different being that most likely our leading scorers arent going any where, plus we have bout 6 guys who can drop 20 any given night. Not that many teams other than the top 10 in the league have that type of scoring ability

chandler
gallo
harrington
lee
nate
hughes

all have the ability to score 20 points if they get the touches.

Last year to begin the season

only crawford and randolph were truly our only real scorers. based on lee and nates previous seasons, and chandler and gallos unproven ability.

I think we are allot better to start the year than we were last year.

Lee is better than Randolph

harrington is better than Crawford

chandler is better than q rich

and gallo is healthy.

Im pretty pumped about this.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Dude haha, Last year we looked great in preseason, and then looked great to start the season

then trade our two leading scorers for role players.

I think its a bit different being that most likely our leading scorers arent going any where, plus we have bout 6 guys who can drop 20 any given night. Not that many teams other than the top 10 in the league have that type of scoring ability.

Wait. Last year we traded our two leading scorers for role players and that was the cause of a 32-50 season, but now that those same role players are our leading scorers this year suddenly we'll be a 47-35 team?? Did I miss something?

nyk_nyk

All Star
The team looked good overall but it was only the Nets. We already know they can score. The thing i'm looking at is their ablility to close out games which is vital to this teams success. Hopefully on Friday the game will be extra competitive and the Knicks will show us how good they can be in the 4th quarter crunch time situations.

I was impressed by Gallo's passing ability and TD's on ball defense. Harrington will be auditioning all year to remain a Knick. Darko looked like a good defender and Hill sucked. Chandler continues to improve. Lee knows once he gets that 15-20 footer working he can go to the next level.

Curry better get his lard ass out there on Friday. Have some damn dignity man!

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Wait. Last year we traded our two leading scorers for role players and that was the cause of a 32-50 season, but now that those same role players are our leading scorers this year suddenly we'll be a 47-35 team?? Did I miss something?

A year of development?

I Said 45-37 lol.

And yes suddenly thats what we become.

Most teams who make two major trades in one season have a hard time picking up speed. We won 6 in a row and then bought in hughes which messed our chemistry up big time. plus we were 14-14 when gallo an injured gallo played, chandler cant get worse, and I was referring to the START of the season, see original quote. As well as PRESEASON see original quote, and how a good preseason is a precursor for a good season, and how last year we had a losing season but looked great in preseason. I believe we would of went 42-40 had we kept the same team from training camp all the way through. Trading away your two leading scorers, yesss definitely is a cause for losing quite a bit of games during an NBA season, where practices are few and far between.

CoolClyde

starting lineup

Duhon - N8/Douglas
Chandler - Hughes
Gallo - Jeffries
Harrington - Hill
Lee - Darko - Curry...

:crossfingers::2cents::police: